New seed question

oside420

i got some new seeds from some REALLY great bud. I heard that i should put it between my fingers and squeeze a little, but wut if it cracks? One of them cracked...and looked like shit so i tossed it. I have another one that im afraid to squeeze. but. do i wait until the seeds get harder before i germ? or should i germ now? or when the ideal time to germ? i dunno because the last seeds i got we pretty fully...seeded...i guess. :goof: alright thanks. :smokin:

If they crack when you squeeze them then they're not going to grow anything. A good viable seed can withstand the pressure of you squeezing.

As for germination, toss them into a cup of water (or use one of the other millions of germination techniques on the site) until a sprout pops out... then you plant it.

Hope that helps :D

oh i know how to germ and all, ive done it once before and it worked out. i was just wondering if the seeds i got will germ right. oh well...ill try it out right now. thanks.

:hmmmm: Well if one seed cracked, I'd try squeezing all of them. That way you don't waste time on seeds that are going to do diddley-squat.

I thought you were asking how long to germinate for, not when in general, sorry. You germinate right before you plant them, like I said. They are not going to get any harder, so if they crack... well, sorry dude! As soon as they sprout, plant them....

I don't understand your questions really if you say you know how to germinate :hmmmm: Because it doesn't sound it (just trying to help ;) )

i know how to germinate and all, i was just unsure about the seeds i got. the seeds i germinated before(they are already growing) were already big and dark. perfect for germinating. but these new ones are small...like really small. so the seeds can ever grow any bigger?? damn that sucks. thanks

Nope, the seeds will not change at all... it does suck. But it's at least good to know the signs so you don't waste timeo and money on bad seeds ;)

Good luck with future grows :)

Haha, just means you have to smoke more until you find some good seeds.... ;) I can think of a worse punishment...

heheh ill take both routes. im gonna order some lowryder in less than a month, since im moving into a newer, bigger house. Im gonna grow it in some stealthy speaker thing like i saw here in a thread once...it was so ingenious. i can pick up big speakers anywhere too, theres pawn shops all over this place. oh that reminds me. I DID put one of the seeds in a bottle of warm water and put it in a dark warm place...but after reading this, i decided it was a waste of time so i took the seed out, and squeezed it, and found out that the seed actually was germinating, when i squeezed it i saw the tap root pop out and then it was too late...i broke the seed up and saw the two VERY small leaves. damn. oh well thanks

If they crack when you squeeze them then they're not going to grow anything. A good viable seed can withstand the pressure of you squeezing.

As for germination, toss them into a cup of water (or use one of the other millions of germination techniques on the site) until a sprout pops out... then you plant it.

Hope that helps :D
tryed that water trick and didn't work

1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide to 20 of water. Let it soak overnight then splash some of the water on paper towels. You want damp not soaking wet. I always use two saucers. Set the wet paper towel between them and cover with the other saucer. Check every 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom