New shoots like bamboo?

Halfbreed

This is my first grow. I've got 4 chemo plants that were clones a friend of mine gave me, 4 Jilly beans that were clones I got when I got a bunch of gear, 2 Big Bud #2 plants that I started from seed, 1 Purple Trainwreck that I started from seed, and 2 Cinderella C99 bx-1 that I started from seed.

I have a girlfriend who has been growing for a while and she said that she had never seen what is happening with one of my chemo plants before. The plant is already showing signs that it is a female, and this particular plant is one of my strongest right now. What is happening is this: I moved my room around a bit, and when I was moving this particular plant I noticed what looked like a little seedling coming up from the soil. So I looked a little closer, and there are nearly a dozen little seedling looking things popping up all over in my soil. The soil is foxfarm OF with perlite. The only nutrient I've used is BioRoot from General Organics. The only thing I can figure is that it's starting new shoots all over the place from the roots like bamboo does. The leaves are already pointed like the fan leaves instead of rounded like the first leaves of a seedling. Has anybody every seen or had this happen before and can provide some insight? I want to post pictures, but I can't get my camera to load to my computer for some reason.

WOW I would love to see a pic of this, sounds like what a Hydrangea, but I e, you suhave never heard of weed doing that...strange ...but cool!

Hi Halfbreed, interesting?? Be good to see ur pics? And im especially keen to see your Cinderella 99 as i have C99 x Panama Red growing now in my current journal.. Would like to see some further developed pics!! Subbed :) Later bud.. Smokemup.
2012-07-11_11_57_17.jpg

Hmm. They were clones, so you are not going to get the cotyledon (new seedling) leaves. But multiple shoots is interesting. I would like to know if they are coming from a previous node (obviously below soil level) that didn't root, or if they are inter-nodal or random? What did your friend the cloner use when they were taken?
Well I'm intrigued. Hope we get some pics!

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom