New Sponsor: Dr. Seeds From Canada

Just placed an order. Gorilla Glue #4, Moby Dick, and Super Silver Haze. $120 CDN for 15 fems delivered. Can’t beat that.
That’s awesome! Looks like it’s pretty fast delivery too. I wonder how quickly delivery to the states will be?

I deleted most my emails, but delivery time was right around 5-7 days to W Michigan.
Wow! That’s awesome!! I’m scheduled to get my order (from a different sponsor) today, and it’s been two weeks. - not complaining or anything, that’s just a lot faster!

I had mentioned that I received my order from @DrSeeds in my journal a couple of days ago. I hadn't realized that you were a sponsor here. I was impressed with the ordering and shipping experience - really nice website, selection, and reasonable prices based here in Canada. Seeds are tucked away for safe-keeping until I start my next grow so I can't comment on germination rates, etc. But I did want to say thanks for being a sponsor of this site.

Hello everyone, this is Rebecca from Dr. Seeds. I am your Customer Service agent.
For those of you who do not know Dr. Seeds, we are a Seedbank from Canada. We sell a wide range of Feminized, Autoflowering and CBD strains in collectible tins.
Dr. Seeds has a good deal for 420 Magazine followers. You can get 3 strains for the price of 2. Here is the link to the page with the promo code.
If you are considering ordering from us, please take time to read our return policy. Specifically note that while we guarantee delivery, we do not guarantee germination. We don't have a problem with germination issues typically and receive a lot of positive feedback every week about our genetics and customer success, but we believe in transparency and want new customers to know what our return policy is so there is no misunderstandings after an order.
We hope to hear from you soon. We will be sending some current customers to this website to post some pictures soon so that you can get to know us better by hearing from people who have tried out seeds already.
If you have any questions you can email me directly at rebecca@drseeds.net.
Good to have you Rebecca. I'll check your place out.

More "collectable tins" with nothing more than Rebecca's Sharpie Skills.
Do I also see a dented sharpie tin? Did it come like that?
Was I correct about the stupid cardboard envelope they come in,
that does not protect the precious tins?

In a world of intense competition for product sales, one must find an edge to get ahead of the pack.
Dr. Seeds has done that, with the collectable tin and custom artwork. So much so, that the only thing
I see talked about with this product, is the tins with the artwork. Can't find any talk of seed quality,
germination rates, genetic quality... Nope, just " oh the artwork is so cool". At this point, I should say
that mention of germination rates might not be fair, because they give no guarantee whatsoever.
So, with that in mind, the tins should have stickers and not be damaged, that's what I'm paying for!

To be clear, I don't care what the product is. This is about sales and packaging in a highly
competitive market. Would you settle for:

A new car painted with cans of spray paint.
Sales guy tells you it's that way because it's
spring and our new models are selling so fast
(which equates to increased profits)
that they just didn't have the time to put
real automotive paint on it!
And... sales guy tells you:
Look, we're awesome, the sales line is getting long,
so just be happy with the product and beat it...

At the end of the day, this is about Sales and Packaging, not the product itself.
I wouldn't settle with any other product, why should I with this?

Get some stickers!
Try sending in something better than
a thin cardboard envelope!

Every time I see pics of your Sharpie Tins,
Expect a spanking!

I'm currently germinating 2 beans of LSD from Dr.Seeds,
I picked the runty looking ones on the bottom...

:rolleyes:

More "collectable tins" with nothing more than Rebecca's Sharpie Skills.
Do I also see a dented sharpie tin? Did it come like that?
Was I correct about the stupid cardboard envelope they come in,
that does not protect the precious tins?

In a world of intense competition for product sales, one must find an edge to get ahead of the pack.
Dr. Seeds has done that, with the collectable tin and custom artwork. So much so, that the only thing
I see talked about with this product, is the tins with the artwork. Can't find any talk of seed quality,
germination rates, genetic quality... Nope, just " oh the artwork is so cool". At this point, I should say
that mention of germination rates might not be fair, because they give no guarantee whatsoever.
So, with that in mind, the tins should have stickers and not be damaged, that's what I'm paying for!

To be clear, I don't care what the product is. This is about sales and packaging in a highly
competitive market. Would you settle for:

A new car painted with cans of spray paint.
Sales guy tells you it's that way because it's
spring and our new models are selling so fast
(which equates to increased profits)
that they just didn't have the time to put
real automotive paint on it!
And... sales guy tells you:
Look, we're awesome, the sales line is getting long,
so just be happy with the product and beat it...

At the end of the day, this is about Sales and Packaging, not the product itself.
I wouldn't settle with any other product, why should I with this?

Get some stickers!
Try sending in something better than
a thin cardboard envelope!

Every time I see pics of your Sharpie Tins,
Expect a spanking!

I'm currently germinating 2 beans of LSD from Dr.Seeds,
I picked the runty looking ones on the bottom...

:rolleyes:

Have to respectfully disagree. Honestly, I could care less about the fancy graphics (nice as they may be). My priorities are (in order): quality of the seeds and genetics, variety, Canada-based, price, and speed of shipping. For me, Dr.Seeds met all of these criteria, that I know of so far - haven't tried growing anything yet.

The tins are strictly functional for me - storage, safe-keeping, and clear name. I know that a couple of the items that I ordered were on back-order, and I suspect that the hand-written labels were a result of rushing to get my order out the door, which I appreciated. Different consumers have different priorities, so maybe pristine tins and labels are important to you.

Have to respectfully disagree. Honestly, I could care less about the fancy graphics (nice as they may be).
Jumping in and saying you don't care about something,
is not a valid argument...
My priorities are (in order): quality of the seeds and genetics, variety, Canada-based, price, and speed of shipping. For me, Dr.Seeds met all of these criteria, that I know of so far - haven't tried growing anything yet.
"quality of the seeds and genetics", how did they meet that? I will refer you
to your ending comment of "haven't tried growing anything yet"

"variety", ok, but who out there is lacking?
most I've seen are equal or greater...

"Canada-based", ok

"price", ok, but cheaper can be had with equal quality and selection,
not gonna name names, wouldn't be right in this thread.

"speed of shipping" ok, but what does that matter for you to comment on,
as regardless of back-order, when you got 'em you just tucked them away for safe keeping!

Different consumers have different priorities, so maybe pristine tins and labels are important to you.

Really... That's what you took from my explanations...

What's important to me, is product as described.
:Namaste:

Jumping in and saying you don't care about something,
is not a valid argument...

"quality of the seeds and genetics", how did they meet that? I will refer you
to your ending comment of "haven't tried growing anything yet"

"variety", ok, but who out there is lacking?
most I've seen are equal or greater...

"Canada-based", ok

"price", ok, but cheaper can be had with equal quality and selection,
not gonna name names, wouldn't be right in this thread.

"speed of shipping" ok, but what does that matter for you to comment on,
as regardless of back-order, when you got 'em you just tucked them away for safe keeping!

Really... That's what you took from my explanations...

What's important to me, is product as described.
:Namaste:

Right, ok! Thanks.

I got my tins today. I didn’t buy it for the campy artwork. If I wanted fancy packaging there are other seed companies.

What I expect is the seeds to deliver. That will be a long time coming to test as I have other seeds I wish to test first.

I will give them credit for ease of purchase, prompt delivery, and protecting the seeds adequately. Price is fine with the buy 2 tins and get 1 free. Outside of that, not willing to pay more, but that is a blanket statement across all the seed companies.

I did ask for a decal or sticker to throw on the backdrop but didn’t get one, not going to whine about that, after all it’s more for them than me. The decals end up in their product photo when I post images of the plants.

The real test of a seed company is the product. Not the advertising or delivery. So we shall see! As of now I am a happy customer.

I too asked for something to display in my background, posters, stickers, banners, anything,
got nothing. They did say they make coffee cups now and then... anyway...

I put 2 beans to soak in distilled water, after scuffing the seeds with a nail file,
yesterday @ 5pm. 3hrs later they both sank to the bottom, which is great.
Just now, checked and I see tap roots emerging already!
They broke shell in under 24hrs, that's a great start.
Off to some paper towel now, then the fun will begin.

Credit where due..
These LSD beans are starting off great!

:thumb:

For me, Dr.Seeds met all of these criteria, that I know of so far
:thumb:

I did ask for a decal or sticker to throw on the backdrop but didn’t get one, not going to whine about that, after all it’s more for them than me. The decals end up in their product photo when I post images of the plants.
I kind of get the feeling they are new to the industry. I honestly don't think they are set up with all the SWAG established breeder's have.
I would hope it's something they will do eventually, and if they already have tent stickers(backdrops) then they should send them out to as many as possible imho.

Back
Top Bottom