New Super Strain - HeadBand

Re: New Super Strain- "HeadBand"

What I had was the OG x Sour D but that S Skunk chemdog mix would be nice to try!

I believe they (whoever) used Chemdog to produce OG Kush

Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband Feminized Price: £59.99
In Stock
Feminized Seeds Per Pack 06 Seeds
Quantity:
Overall Rating:
Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Flowering :
Genetics : Sour Diesel x OG Kush
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest :
Height : Medium
THC Level :
Characteristics : High is completely medical and not too over-powering

Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband has a great yield, and the high is completely medical and not too over-powering. Finding a keeper mother is easy in a pack of 6 and this plant clones easily as well, rooting in 8-10 days. She grows fast in vegetive stage and spreads out wide to produce many tops and an even canopy. Producing heavy resin early and a great aroma, our Headband has bag and head appeal. She doesn't grow as tall as Sour Diesel or as stretchy as the OG Kush and is not so picky with the nutrients. She has a fuely-soury taste and smell with a long lasting high. She is a good all day smoke that won't knock you down like some of the heavy indicas and is a good strain for anxiety. This original cross is not the 707 or any other clone only "Headband," this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.

3rd Coffeeshop HT Cannabis Cup 2009

Available in 6 feminized cannabis seeds.

"Headband," this cross was made by reversing the OG Kush to pollinate the Sour Diesel.
I've never heard of this process! "Reversing" Please enlighten an old dirt farmer.:peace:

First I'd like to clarify my older post, I think what I had was master headband.

Now, I'm no expert, not even close, but I think the reversing refers to creating a "hermaphrodite" (quotes because true hermaphrodites are not one or two male flowers on a female plant) so the OG would pollinate the female sour d. This ensures that the seeds are feminized and therefore, worth more for obvious reasons. I found this info while searching on how to create feminized seeds
-
Gibberelic Acid can be used to make a female plant (XX) produce male flowers with only female pollen (X). (the female plant cant make (Y) pollen as it is (XX)).

Silver nitrate can also be used for similar effects.
-
Hope this helps!
and hopefully someone with more knowledge can shed some light, im just keeping the thread alive because this is my favorite strain.:yummy:

Sure would like to have that, instead of Morph. My tolerance level is very high. they had a hard time putting me under. When they did neuro surgery. The kicker was when I woke up in the operating room! That scared them! They couldn't put under again , to risky. So they couldn't finih Though I can walk again, I have 2 more to go & a hip replacement.
A friend turned me on to some Catatonic. That was a kick but strain.
Now growing Mendocino Madness crossed with Headband, I'm working stabilizing her for my friend.
How can I get THE SUPER STRAIN?? in Michigan

Sure would like to have that, instead of Morph. My tolerance level is very high. they had a hard time putting me under. When they did neuro surgery. The kicker was when I woke up in the operating room! That scared them! They couldn't put under again , to risky. So they couldn't finih Though I can walk again, I have 2 more to go & a hip replacement.
A friend turned me on to some Catatonic. That was a kick but strain.
Now growing Mendocino Madness crossed with Headband, I'm working stabilizing her for my friend.
How can I get THE SUPER STRAIN?? in Michigan

now that they've screwed the laws up its hard to find. but i'd suggest trying some BLZ bud, i think its from seedizm you can get seeds at singleseedcenter.
awesome smoke, like inhaling liquid, strong taste and aroma, just don't plan on doing much for a few hours after smoking.
i am currently growing one blz and i have a clone from an original cheese plant from amsterdam, planing to force them to get male flowers and crossbreed the two. should be killer!

now that they've screwed the laws up its hard to find. but i'd suggest trying some BLZ bud, i think its from seedizm you can get seeds at singleseedcenter.
awesome smoke, like inhaling liquid, strong taste and aroma, just don't plan on doing much for a few hours after smoking.
i am currently growing one blz and i have a clone from an original cheese plant from amsterdam, planing to force them to get male flowers and crossbreed the two. should be killer!

Re: Laws yep they did. Though if we get the 300,000 signatures needed by the dead line. Then they can't take it away>

Do you know the lineage in the BLZ?

don't know lineage but i know it kicked my ass! here is the info provided on site.
c/p from worldwide-marijuana-seeds
Marijuana Seeds Information

"Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil." - The Book of Matthew chapter 12:24

This extremely potent G13 hybrid will raise the standard that most growers are used to. With a THC level to make even the most hardened veterans break a sweat, the BLZ-Bud is a strain not to be smoked by the fainthearted.

Growth patterns are primarily those you would expect from an Indica dominant strain, with large fan leaves and very little space between internodes. Flowering single stemmed plants will usually result in one large cluster of buds all along the main stem with a few budding side branches. The typical increase of growth during the first few weeks of flowering can result in a 25-50% increase in height before she stops growing up, making it quite easy to predict when to start your flowering cycle.

The smell and taste are an interesting mixture of sweet, sour and spice. When inhaled the smoke feels thick and soft, almost like drinking a liquid, expanding in your lungs and leaving a sweet aftertaste on your lips when exhaled.

The onset of the high is almost instant giving you no time to prepare for what's to come, make sure to have a place to sit down when taking a blast of this beast. With the initial hit fades away, you get off the floor and your head starts realising what just happened the high gently changes into a heightened state of euphoria telling you that "it will all be all right again soon".

Type - Indica/Sativa - 50/50
Flowering Period - 8 to 10 weeks
Yield - High

Sounds to me like someone had a male plant they let mature near their grow. Cannabis pollen can be wind blown for hundreds of miles. I am very carefull about allowing any male plants near my very isolated outdoor grow. Even then I get an occasional seed from some idiot that allowed a male plant to mature in the open.
Be aware that if industrial cannabis is approved and grown anywhere near you, you might have to move indoors and filter any air entering the room. Industrial cannabis is not sexed and male and female plants plants grow in about the same proportion. Industrial growers don't mind the seeds; they use them to make hemp oil. That is not hash oil; it has no THC or other "high" ingredients.

I have been growing "headband" for a couple of years. Got some seeds from a grower in California. It is easy to harvest for specific types of symptom relief. Just watch the color of the trichromes. Highest THC and a head high when the tRIs all turn frosty. As more and more turn amber the THC decreases and the CBs go up. For great pain relief and minimum buzz; try harvesting when 50% of the tRIs have turned amber.

I'm going to say this once more, because I feel truth must be repeated. What I've known as "Headband" for the past twelve years is in fact Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL or otherwise known as Original Diesel or Daywrecker. Diesel was known by many different names dependent on where you were located. My cut came labeled as Headband and it came from a very trustworthy source. Remember that we're talking about Diesel, not Sour Diesel, which is the progeny of Headband pollinated by a monoecious DNL (RFK Skunk/Hawaiian x NL). Now I myself will always consider" Diesel" to be a cut that has little to do with with real Headband in its lineage, but smells like straight FUEL and was the first cannabis I encountered like this. Everyone just called it Diesel, Fuel, Rocket Fuel, or Gas...but this is my Diesel. I have "Headband" as well, which is the Daywrecker, but it's not as gassy as mine and will always remain Headband to me. I've never even heard of this nonsense about Headband being some super freak frankenstrain like OG x Master x Sour Diesel. Headband is the Original Diesel, it's been known by many for quite some time.

Day Wrecker for sure is the real Headband the California headbands or just kush crosses. Headband is the best headache medicine ever.

so let me tell you a little story of June 15th 1999. The first crop of Hb was born in South lake. It is in fact Og Kush x Master Kush x Sour Diesel. If you add la confidential you get 4 way. Same breeder in tahoe been throwing it down, he also got a gdp that's been around for 15 yrs +. In 05 was the first time we gave away a cut, now the shit is everywhere. I know this is an old post but I had to set it straight. to bwc. You are entirely correct about the 707 part. only the 707 is bred with the f4 version of mk x big bud for heavier yields, just a bit different but still retains most of the original hb effects and taste, and etc. but you get about 50 to 100g's more per lm2. HEADBAND IS NOT THE ORIGINAL SOUR DIESEL. i lol at this post. so much, I had to register to help you kids out.

As someone said..the truth must be repeated.

source: growing headband

Back
Top Bottom