New Tent Did I Do It Right?

hydroguard always should keep you in check. and NO ORGANICS! I made that mistake once. I saved em but man was it disappointing to be running the lights I did for the yield . if you start to get the brown slime res change and h202. make sure you have at least a 200gpm pump from your res to your end buckets. check my bottom link

hydroguard always should keep you in check. and NO ORGANICS! I made that mistake once. I saved em but man was it disappointing to be running the lights I did for the yield . if you start to get the brown slime res change and h202. make sure you have at least a 200gpm pump from your res to your end buckets. check my bottom link

These are stand alone buckets, not connected to a rez. I thought about making a big elaborate setup with them all connected to a main resivoir, and a drip system as well as bubbling each bucket and the rez, with a pump circulating to all the buckets, but it just seemed like alot of work.

You just brought up a whole other consideration i have been pondering. I ran single stand alone buckets before with a decent yield, no problems.
What do you think?

Are single stand alone DWC buckets a good idea, at least for this 1st grow?

These are stand alone buckets, not connected to a rez. I thought about making a big elaborate setup with them all connected to a main resivoir, and a drip system as well as bubbling each bucket and the rez, with a pump circulating to all the buckets, but it just seemed like alot of work.

You just brought up a whole other consideration i have been pondering. I ran single stand alone buckets before with a decent yield, no problems.
What do you think?

Are single stand alone DWC buckets a good idea, at least for this 1st grow?

Not in my opinion. when those levels drop it increases the concentration of your ppms more of staying on top of 4 different levels and ppms and phs gonna give you some WERK, you know the gist. the one thing I can say tho is if you are running different strains having separate buckets is nice so you can give each one its custom nutrient profile.

at least get then connected at the bottom with a leecher res, you will have to mix your res with the same solution you have in the buckets, maybe 100ppm higher. then when the buckets dip from the plants drinking the level will even out from the reservoir.

Yeah, I was looking at some of that probiotic type stuff for the rez, but man is it expensive!

Do you recommend the approach of killing off the bacteria, or outnumbering them with a probiotic to get rid of it?
I love my z7 flying skull but I’m bias man I have seen good growers or great growers use it and when the res got solid 80F no issues play so many benefits google it bud neatly too many to list ✊

at least get then connected at the bottom with a leecher res, you will have to mix your res with the same solution you have in the buckets, maybe 100ppm higher. then when the buckets dip from the plants drinking the level will even out from the reservoir.

What size uni-seals are those and what diameter PVC pipe is that?

I've seen alot of different setups where the buckets are daisy chained together, but wandered what catastrophic failure would happen if any of them got clogged by roots! The rez pump would just overflow the whole setup's nutes over the top of that one clogged bucket.

Also, I'm guessing the bucket at the last on the chain would get the least nutes?

I am going to grow a few different strains just to see what I like as I'm getting some new genetics I'm not familiar with.

they are 1.5 inch pvc pipes, I split them up so its 2 legs so the thermal properties are balanced, dont want the last bucket warmer than the rest. and the flow rate makes sure all the plants are getting the same amount of nutrients. you can drip into all 4 too if you want. just a half inch barb tee and another angled barb and you are pouring in all buckets

You need to make sure you sand the last half a cm of the hole in your bucket though. need to make sure you have it tight and no perforations for the seal to rip the bucket (will happen if you arent careful)

the more of a pain in the ass this step is the more you are sure you dont leak.

I just bought 1/2" rubber grommets from hydrofarm, and 1/2" 90 degree connectors to fit in it, planning to just have that vertical piece of clear tubing so i can see the nutes levels, and also I can use a pump to pump out the nutes and quickly pump in replacement nutes when it is rez change time.

I've seen many systems that just connect those 1/2" connectors via tubing to the rez, and I always wondered how they can be so popular because they must surely clog easily with roots right?

I have alot to consider now.

Should i connect the buckets all together like you mentioned and have a pup connected to a manifold drip to each bucket (and spend alot more money I don't currently have), or, run stand alone buckets and administer each one individually?

Hmmm.... I hate making decisions, I suck at it, lol.

What about the good old fashioned frozen 2 liter in the RDWC res?

except the possible DO in your system at 80 degrees is less than 68. and when you are combating bad bacteria with just an enzyme you arent really stopping the bad anerobic bacteria from being created. you are only putting a band aid on it. :(

Back
Top Bottom