New to 420 - first grow!

Frea

Hi I'm new to this forum my name is aj

I decided to grow my own plant because in Australia the weed is very crap here it's all wet and funny looking bud an have a crap smell and all laced with chemicals that try to get you high

So I decided to buy a smart garden / aerogarden just to experiment a growth cycle for personal use not to supply
I purchased seeds from crop kings and they arrived safely an secure

I purchased purple kush seeds because I have never tried it as a smoke and no one in Australia has seen it or had it

So I set up my aerogarden germinated the seeds put then in the little pots that came with the setup and along they go they eventually came out of the soil , they took about two weeks to even start growing which to me was unusual because on you tube the videos they show them go extremely fast

Now there about 5 weeks old but the leafs are starting to change colour I have attached pictures for example of what there doing

Now i know there is a lot more about growing but I'm a newbie and would like you guys to answer some of these questions for me , eventually when I learn how to grow properly I will purchase a bigger setup cause I know the aerogarden are only good for clones an not really good to grow big plants unless low rider etc

Now are my lights to close to the plant causing this to go yellow , is it nutrients ? Or is it because the aerogarden water filled to the top and thst the roots are soaked in water ? Is it the timer on the lights ??

Help please highly appreciated , yes I know I'm a newbie and have to do research but there is not much posts on the aerogarden

Thanks

Re: New to 420 - plant discolour first grow ??? Help aerogarden !!

image11522.jpg

View image in gallery

Also my soil is going green is that normal ? Lol just tripping out

sorry to say i have no experience with this growing method
soil turning green sounds like algae maybe
the patients are certainly asking for help
anyway i bump your post so that someone with more knowledge may see and advise
take care and good luck

sorry to say i have no experience with this growing method
soil turning green sounds like algae maybe
the patients are certainly asking for help
anyway i bump your post so that someone with more knowledge may see and advise
take care and good luck

I flushed the system out and cleaned the water and added some nutes now the ph level is at 6.3 and the room temperature is at 23c

I hope they get better if they die might have to start fresh also bought a air pump an air stone so I hope they grow , I ordered new auto flower seeds so if these don't work will start with them

Thank you

Yeh no one really helps on this site it's really not helpful

yes it seems you have been overlooked
but if we get the right peoples attention it will pick up around here
that aerogarden is a neat looking outfit
is this considered soil growing or soilless
does it auto water? looking at the pic again and it seems to be quite drenched

its a tough species and can survive much abuse
so keep at it so as to get things right before trying the new seeds
good luck and take care

hey there frea, ive browsed a couple of aero garden journals on here (just type it in a search,tons of aero garden stuff)
but it seems to me that inevitabily there a massive space issue when dealing with MJ in them
so to really do any good you would need a bunch of plants grown to about the size of yours and then flowered to maxise bud space and yield , basicaly flowering seedlings or clones straight away.
you could modify your garden to house 30-40 like yours and flower them at thatsize... prob end up with more bud than if you let 2-3 plants develop.

Yes I have ordered auto flowering seeds called low rider they grow short and get buds right away , the plant I have there now is 45 days old an growing really slow I bought some nutes an dropped the ph to 5.8 but the plant looks too light green and now the leaves are starting to look like there going down , I learnt a lot from first grow , might go get a grow tent and make a custom hydro setup

yeah i reckon you would have more fun with a tent Frea!
where in oz do you live mate ?
not often we get cruddy weed where i am, but still not as good as homegrown :)

yeah i reckon you would have more fun with a tent Frea!
where in oz do you live mate ?
not often we get cruddy weed where i am, but still not as good as homegrown :)

I live in SYDNEY

The only good bud in Australia is Adelaide

Back
Top Bottom