New to auto-flower

rtfdc1

420 Member
Hi All! I'm going to try an auto-flower Jack Herer for my next grow but need some info first. Since these grow and finish quickly at 9 weeks what would the best pot size to use, 2 or 3 gal? On an auto-flower page someone said 5 gal but I think that is too large. Am I wrong? Thanks.:Namaste:

Seed to final pot first of all, no transplant

I've done 3 and 5gal, I'd suggest deeper over wider to encourage more vertical growth

Depends on what you grow in. I grow using hempy in a 2gal bucket and it works great.

If you’re growing in soil, I can see using a larger pot size, but most do fine in a 3 gallon pot.

I saw general rules were one gallon of pot for every foot of growth, or one gallon of pot for every month it was going to be growing. For most autos, that comes out to about 3 gallons.

Depends on what you grow in. I grow using hempy in a 2gal bucket and it works great.

If you’re growing in soil, I can see using a larger pot size, but most do fine in a 3 gallon pot.

I saw general rules were one gallon of pot for every foot of growth, or one gallon of pot for every month it was going to be growing. For most autos, that comes out to about 3 gallons.

Thanks BBNT!

Looks great Corleone8! Nice and healthy! How are you watering it? What kind of schedule?
For the first 3 weeks about 1/2 a litre every 2 days. With no nutes.
Then same amount of water for another week but with a 1/8 slowly ramping up to 1/2 dose of 15/5/5 nutes for the next week. But that was water every 2 days, nutes every other watering..so 4 days.
In week 5 I do about a half liter every day but that is because it was vegging like mad. Every 2 days I give it nutes, half strength recommended dose of that same 15/5/5. I had some leaf tip curl and skipped a nute dose once in that week.
Just started week six. And might up the water if I see she is drooping at mid light cycle. But for now ill keep it at 1/2 liter each day.
Once again though this is a 4/5ths full 5 gallon pail of dirt. Anything over 3/4 liter starts draining from the holes in the bottom of the pail.

Newbie, to posting here. Have been very interested in the Autos. Got a few outdoors, in the ground. Jedi Kush Auto and Madarin Haze Auto. Actually popped and put in ground 4/20/18. Suprized how well things are going @ week #5.

Hi All! I'm going to try an auto-flower Jack Herer for my next grow but need some info first. Since these grow and finish quickly at 9 weeks what would the best pot size to use, 2 or 3 gal? On an auto-flower page someone said 5 gal but I think that is too large. Am I wrong? Thanks.:Namaste:
I finished a few of those Jack Herer autos earlier this year. Mine were not fast autos @ all. All ran 10-12 week flower after around 30-35 days vegging. I expected a quick run with a few autos... 4 for 4 went over 10 weeks before tric's changed.

Best smoke I've had since I started growing.

Best wishes!
P

Just poking in for a nod towards deep 3 gallon soft pots.;)
Vivosun has some nice deep ones that fit in the 10" carpet saver square drip trays.
Not advertising, those are just the deepest 3 gallons I've gotten.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom