Always worth the time and effort. Yield can be affected by many factors. Strain, lighting, training, environment, growers skill etc. Limited with a 30x30 footprint but doesn't mean you can't get good results. My flower tent is 40x40cm. Hoping to get 4oz off my current plant.

If you grew a photoperiod plant you could train it to maximise yield within your space. Autos can be unpredictable. Haven't done hydro but I believe that can produce bigger yields from a smaller setup. Maybe a single DWC bucket.

If you grew a photoperiod plant you could train it to maximise yield within your space. Autos can be unpredictable. Haven't done hydro but I believe that can produce bigger yields from a smaller setup. Maybe a single DWC bucket.
Always worth the time and effort. Yield can be affected by many factors. Strain, lighting, training, environment, growers skill etc. Limited with a 30x30 footprint but doesn't mean you can't get good results. My flower tent is 40x40cm. Hoping to get 4oz off my current plant.
That's great, so what's the best approach with the space. I believe LEDs best for small spaces due to the fact that they don't generate much heat. I'm new to it all. I've done loads of research and there's so many ways to go about it. Bit overwhelming tbh. Just need to figure the easiest way to grow one auto at a time. For 4ounce of a plant. Are you using 2or 3 gallon pots?

I’m going to recommend to take a look at a space bucket, or a grow journal by a member @Carcass he did something similar for next to nothing I believe

here you go
Thanks for the advice I'll take a look now thanks. I'm not to fussy with setting up cost as that's obviously important to have the right light and what not. Being in UK not allowed so a discrete grow will be ideal and will save me money in long run

Thanks for the advice I'll take a look now thanks. I'm not to fussy with setting up cost as that's obviously important to have the right light and what not. Being in UK not allowed so a discrete grow will be ideal and will save me money in long run
With your space you shouldn’t have to much cost involved. You’ll be doing a lot of modifying/fabricating your self.

I didn't think I would need to fork loads out and have a few ideas in mind, space bucket as suggested by your self, just wanted clarification on size and how to start. I've never grown a plant. So all new to me. With so many ways to go about it and so many mediums and different feeds. I'm stuck with what's gonna be my best approach to grow one auto. A mate gave me few auto white widow seeds. Would they be a good start for a complete novice?

Yeah you want good quality LED lighting. I have a 65W HLG board in my stealth cabinet and a DIY LED light for my 40x40 flower tent. In the UK too. I use soil and small pots. Biggest is just over 1 gallon. Coco might be a good way to go.

I didn't think I would need to fork loads out and have a few ideas in mind, space bucket as suggested by your self, just wanted clarification on size and how to start. I've never grown a plant. So all new to me. With so many ways to go about it and so many mediums and different feeds. I'm stuck with what's gonna be my best approach to grow one auto. A mate gave me few auto white widow seeds. Would they be a good start for a complete novice?
For the price? Hell yeah
For the genetics? Another hell yeah

White Widow is a very potent as well as resistant strain. Idk how it’ll act as an auto but you won’t be disappointed.

That's great and I've a few seed but the widow is one I was told would be best to start with
I’m inclined to agree, and in photoperiod form they’re known for being a gluten so she’s hard(typically) to burn with nutrients. Which is another pitfall most new grower fall in (myself included)

That's ace, I'll have a look at your threads for more information on what your doing thanks
This was my 2nd auto grow. 3 plants crammed into a tiny cabinet. It was fun.

I’m inclined to agree, and in photoperiod form they’re known for being a gluten so she’s hard(typically) to burn with nutrients. Which is another pitfall most new grower fall in (myself included)
That's good news and yes that's my understanding as well. Feeding and nutes are one thing I'm still trying to get my head around.

This was my 2nd auto grow. 3 plants crammed into a tiny cabinet. It was fun.
Thats mad 3 in total. I gotta check this. Ive seen a few ideas like this but only one plant inside. Think you can get pretty creative with disguising the grow itself though.

Yeah you want good quality LED lighting. I have a 65W HLG board in my stealth cabinet and a DIY LED light for my 40x40 flower tent. In the UK too. I use soil and small pots. Biggest is just over 1 gallon. Coco might be a good way to go.

How many have do you have under led and would i need a led board for just one plant or could i get away with led bulbs at the right spectrum and that. Would you say coco would be the most novice friendly way to go then having suggested. I was looking at soil just being the most obvious way to go.

Welcome to 420, Taz- :welcome:
Feeding and nutes are one thing I'm still trying to get my head around.
If you want cheap and easy nutes, I'll suggest Mega Crop- works very well (if you follow the instructions)
it's a one part thing, it's good from seedling to harvest, and you feed every watering.
Good luck with your project! don't forget you'll need some type of air exchange, and circulation in
your space...I use computer fans in mine, and they work great, plus they last 60,000 hours, so you only need to buy them once.
If you're going to use a carbon filter for smell, you will need a stronger fan than the computer fans to pull/push the air through the filter material...
Anything else you need to know, we're here for ya!

You could use LED bulbs or CFL. I'd go for a proper LED board though.
I grow in soil (biobizz light mix) and use mega crop as @Carcass mentioned. Nice easy way to get going. If you've got the time to water at least once a day then you may get faster growth in coco. I haven't done it but that's what I keep hearing.
Depending on the size of your grow space you could get away with using one of the USB fans for filtered extraction. My stealth cabinet has a 4" filter with an AC infinity USB fan and it works a treat. Quiet too.

You could use LED bulbs or CFL. I'd go for a proper LED board though.
I grow in soil (biobizz light mix) and use mega crop as @Carcass mentioned. Nice easy way to get going. If you've got the time to water at least once a day then you may get faster growth in coco. I haven't done it but that's what I keep hearing.
Depending on the size of your grow space you could get away with using one of the USB fans for filtered extraction. My stealth cabinet has a 4" filter with an AC infinity USB fan and it works a treat. Quiet too.

Yeah ive seen a few videos backing the use of led bulbs but at the right wat lumes, kelvar spec and micromoles. Ive just been looking at bio bizz as its mention a lot through the internet. Being UK as well is ideal. Ive seen a chart about feeding nutes. (Attached file) is all that really needed? How come you use the light and not all-mix out of interest
20210201_233751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom