New to Coco - Canna Terra Pro Plus

Cannabro

Anyone used Canna Terra pro plus?

Any tips

Just popped 3 seeds in and am waiting now. Im completely new to coco and got this medium by chance.

My understanding is coco is better in ways and that the main thing to watch for is a lower ph when feeding?

Cheers peoples

Cheers guys - Yep got some cal mag ready and will keep it at about 6 when I feed. So how frequently would one need to water a "solo cup like pot" with seeds in? I think they're like 1L pots.

Cheers guys - Yep got some cal mag ready and will keep it at about 6 when I feed. So how frequently would one need to water a "solo cup like pot" with seeds in? I think they're like 1L pots.
I start in 1ltr air-pots with a 50/50 coco/perlite mix and I start feed daily to run off from the day it sprouts.

14 days from sprout.
2_weeks7.JPG

Cheers yeh just gave the pots a decent water, didn't see much run off though this coco is very water absorbing might have to be a daily thing

Cheers yeh just gave the pots a decent water, didn't see much run off though this coco is very water absorbing might have to be a daily thing
Even though coco will hold 30% oxygen when saturated, adding perlite to your coco is important for an abundance of oxygen to the roots. If you want fast growth - add perlite. I do 50/50.

Have a read through my coco thread here and it will tell you everything you need to know about growing in coco.

You must feed nutrients everyday and never plain water unless its the final flush.

Only add perlite or other substances to aerate more if you arr doing multiple daily feeds otherwise it could cause you probs down the road. Straight coco is hydroponic medium and really doesnt need anything added for most situations.

Keep ph between 5.4-6.2

Very important to use coco specific nutes and you may have to use calmag also.

DO NOT ALLOW COCO TO DRY OUT, its not soil. There should always be somè moisture in pots to prevent root damage.

Have a read through my coco thread here and it will tell you everything you need to know about growing in coco.

You must feed nutrients everyday and never plain water unless its the final flush.

Only add perlite or other substances to aerate more if you arr doing multiple daily feeds otherwise it could cause you probs down the road. Straight coco is hydroponic medium and really doesnt need anything added for most situations.

Keep ph between 5.4-6.2

Very important to use coco specific nutes and you may have to use calmag also.

DO NOT ALLOW COCO TO DRY OUT, its not soil. There should always be somè moisture in pots to prevent root damage.

This isn't strictly coco. On the bag it says the ingredients are white peat, coir, composted bark, dolomitic lime, organic NPK fertiliser, mineral NPK fertiliser. Does that matter?

I've struggled to find any info on watering frequency or application frequency of neuts. Should you alternate the neuts or always water with neuts?

If it was straight up coco you would feed with nutes everyday but thats not straight up coco. I havent used a mix like that as im typically hydroponic grower (coco mostly). But it has nutrients in so i would only add water until the plants start to look hungry, they will go lighter shade of green, lime coloured.

The peat will hold onto more water so you may have to water every 2 or 3 days instead of daily.

Back
Top Bottom