New to forums, completely

Ima Paradox

By that I mean I have never joined any forums whatsoever, so this is my first, I have played around with this site now for about 2 weeks and I guess it is time to try to introduce myself as best as I legally can. I am 59 years old and am a retired US NAVY Veteran. I have been smoking pot since I was 15 years old with about an 20 year break while active in the Navy. I would love to find some of the old school pot that I used to smoke before joining the Navy but the original land-race strains are kind of rare to find nowadays. Lots of great new stuff though, so no worries there.

I am considering starting a Grow Journal here and I would like some advice on how to grow a 10 foot tall plant in a 5 foot tall Tent.

That is the seeds I have, and I can be ready to plant in a few more days, but my concern is the potential height of almost 10 feet. Can it be grown successfully in a 5 foot tall tent? I am worried about how much stretch I will experience in flowering.

Welcome.

A 5ft tent is going to limit you no matter what strain you buy. The 10ft is a healthy estimate by the breeder for outdoor plants, obviously nothing grows to ten feet inside a tent.

If your looking for true landrace strains check out ACE seeds

By that I mean I have never joined any forums whatsoever, so this is my first, I have played around with this site now for about 2 weeks and I guess it is time to try to introduce myself as best as I legally can. I am 59 years old and am a retired US NAVY Veteran. I have been smoking pot since I was 15 years old with about an 20 year break while active in the Navy. I would love to find some of the old school pot that I used to smoke before joining the Navy but the original land-race strains are kind of rare to find nowadays. Lots of great new stuff though, so no worries there.

I am considering starting a Grow Journal here and I would like some advice on how to grow a 10 foot tall plant in a 5 foot tall Tent.

That is the seeds I have, and I can be ready to plant in a few more days, but my concern is the potential height of almost 10 feet. Can it be grown successfully in a 5 foot tall tent? I am worried about how much stretch I will experience in flowering.
Hey.welcome. plenty info on landraces n just search them. You will love these fine people here .cheers

OK I am familiar with the many techniques, what i was asking is how much stretch can i expect when i flip, example if i let the plant get 12" tall and then flip, will i get 12 inches of stretch or 24 inches of stretch or something else. I have grow some plants before where the stretch hit the top of my lights and grew past them. And they were small when i flipped them. So, i am assuming that each strain has different stretch factors involved.

It will at least double in size,sometimes more than that when you flip to 12/12
Do you have 5' to the light,or 5' overall?
I have an outdoor Seedsman Cheese growing- it was 2' tall when it started flowering,and it's 4' tall now,and it's just about done,so it doubled in height-but there's no real rule,sometimes they stretch less,sometimes more.

If your looking for true landrace strains check out ACE seeds
I like Ace the best but there are also Real Seed Company and Seeds of Africa. Ace has the most by far, but the other two I mentioned have a few that Ace doesnt. Search the landrace strains 101 thread. You'll love it and all of us landrace nuts are in on it.

By the way, welcome to 420! :welcome::passitleft:

You can always flip them at 6 weeks and LST them or run a SCROG and supercrop them if they are still up in your lights. We'll all definitely be here to help if you ask. This is the very best cannabis forum out there! Plenty of friendly members that are more than happy to lend a hand. Good luck with your grow.

It will at least double in size,sometimes more than that when you flip to 12/12
Do you have 5' to the light,or 5' overall?
I have an outdoor Seedsman Cheese growing- it was 2' tall when it started flowering,and it's 4' tall now,and it's just about done,so it doubled in height-but there's no real rule,sometimes they stretch less,sometimes more.

Indicas usually double in size, and sativas triple in size during the stretch. They often continue to grow at a slower pace after the stretch. I grew two Cream & Cheese by Seedsman that had an 8' or 250cm advertised height. One was in a 5' tent the other in a 7' tent. I let both stay in veg a bit too long. after the stretch they were inches from the lights. After the stretch, they continued growing. I double supercropped (two 90° bends in all main branches) the one in the 5' tent as it grew past the light. The one in the 7' tent also grew into the light. I left it alone as the light had an open frame the cola could grow through. FYI, I have 42" (106cm) in the 5' tent, and 63" (157cm) in the 7' tent between the soil and the light. You can check this out in my completed journal.

Look into a scrog (screen of green) I see no reason you couldn’t flower successfully with a 5’ tent

No reason at all. My first four harvests were from a 5' tent. Controlling the height was a PITA, but it can be done without a SCRoG. A SCRoG is probably the easiest way to to it. I used NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method to squeeze four plants with eight colas each into a 2' X 4' tent. I had the filter outside the tent to give me some extra height.

I just really appreciate the taller tents I have.

This is almost exactly what I have now, I did tie a 1 inch mech galvanized rabbit cage wire to cover the top frame so I could tie up my lights where I wanted them, but other than that exactly the same set up, I currently have 4 plants all manifolded out to either 4 or 8 mains each.
No reason at all. My first four harvests were from a 5' tent. Controlling the height was a PITA, but it can be done without a SCRoG. A SCRoG is probably the easiest way to to it. I used NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method to squeeze four plants with eight colas each into a 2' X 4' tent. I had the filter outside the tent to give me some extra height.

Back
Top Bottom