New to grow room

Romulus

Gidday to you all. I am another new guy and hope this forum can provide me with some answers I need and in doing so I will share my pics and successes when they happen.

I am from tropical north Queensland, Australia where they are still living in the dark ages with regards to growing your own medicine.

I am a returned veteran and after 20 years in uniform, I am left with PTSD, chronic depression, a fused back, two busted shoulders, and a busted knee. At least I have one good leg to stand on. Down here you hit the safety net with medications once you have 60 scripts filled at a pharmacy, well I hit that by June each year with antidepressants and pain killers.

In the past I have had no success, the closest I came was outdoors and my nosey neighbor called the boys in blue and the took my two glorious Jack Herrer's that were about a week from harvest, talk about devastated.

So in a couple of weeks we are moving back to the old family home which is empty. It will be me, my better half, and a step son who is there every second week. The better half is keen for me to make my own concentrated oil and after watching a video on here already, I reckon I will buy a rice cooker and give it a go. I have a multitude of questions though.

Being a FNG I hope someone can answer the basic ones I have without me having to troll through the tomes of information on here.

My tent I am buying will be 1.2 m x 1.2 m x 2 m with one 600 w HPS, this will be in a room with an aircon on 24/7 as it's coming into summer up here. I am hoping to grow four feminized high yield plants as to what the best seeds are, I plan to have two Sativa dominant so I am not whacked out of my brain all day and a heavy indica which which will put me to sleep at night. In the interim I plan to vape until I get the whole making my own medicine down pat.

So here are the questions:

1. What sized fan and filter will I need to eliminate the majority of the smell?
2. When making my own oil, will it have the same effect i.e. oil made from Sativa (uplifting high), Indica (Stoned)?

That's a start.

Thanks in advance.

:welcome:Romulus! This is a great place to share information. I have that same aversion to trolling through a zillion pages but the search function here is pretty darn good. Try these links for your answers: Search. I hope these help you and look forward to reading about your progress! :) :peace:

Romulus... no, I'm sorry. Those links worked right after I posted them or I would have done an edit?? Not sure what's going on but if you type your keywords into the search, it will take you to a multitude of responses! This place is great for that. Don't hesitate to post any questions you have. Good luck. :peace:

Thanks Pantagruel.. those ones won't even work for me now?? They did when I first put them up. I have confidence that Romulus will find them with the search. :) :peace:

Gidday to you all. I am another new guy and hope this forum can provide me with some answers I need and in doing so I will share my pics and successes when they happen.

I am from tropical north Queensland, Australia where they are still living in the dark ages with regards to growing your own medicine.

I am a returned veteran and after 20 years in uniform, I am left with PTSD, chronic depression, a fused back, two busted shoulders, and a busted knee. At least I have one good leg to stand on. Down here you hit the safety net with medications once you have 60 scripts filled at a pharmacy, well I hit that by June each year with antidepressants and pain killers.

In the past I have had no success, the closest I came was outdoors and my nosey neighbor called the boys in blue and the took my two glorious Jack Herrer's that were about a week from harvest, talk about devastated.

So in a couple of weeks we are moving back to the old family home which is empty. It will be me, my better half, and a step son who is there every second week. The better half is keen for me to make my own concentrated oil and after watching a video on here already, I reckon I will buy a rice cooker and give it a go. I have a multitude of questions though.

Being a FNG I hope someone can answer the basic ones I have without me having to troll through the tomes of information on here.

My tent I am buying will be 1.2 m x 1.2 m x 2 m with one 600 w HPS, this will be in a room with an aircon on 24/7 as it's coming into summer up here. I am hoping to grow four feminized high yield plants as to what the best seeds are, I plan to have two Sativa dominant so I am not whacked out of my brain all day and a heavy indica which which will put me to sleep at night. In the interim I plan to vape until I get the whole making my own medicine down pat.

So here are the questions:

1. What sized fan and filter will I need to eliminate the majority of the smell?
2. When making my own oil, will it have the same effect i.e. oil made from Sativa (uplifting high), Indica (Stoned)?

That's a start.

Thanks in advance.

welcome to :420:
THANK YOU for your brave service ..i have a fused back also!!! u can look below in my signature for links to help u answer some of your questions !

Hello and welcome to the community. I to am prior service although, not 20 years in. Just 4 for myself . I dont have a fused back or ptsd that I know of but I can tell you I have no cartilage in my left knee and at least 2 blown discs in my back so I dont give a crap what the governments stance is on it since my stance is the only one that matters to me when it comes to my medicine and what does and doesnt work.

Back
Top Bottom