New to growing help much needed

YoungGeneral

So I am new to growing and I germinated a couple seeds I got from some bag I had and 2 sprouted pretty quickly so I put them in some seeds starter and put them under a 24watt 6400k full daylight spectrum light that puts out 2000 lumens I went with this light because my grow room is only approx 3x3x3 and I had one plant grow like 2 inchs pretty quickly n start to develope some leaves over like a 5 day period and i came home last night to my plant whilted over? So today I added a small fan and a thermometer and the temp has been around 74-78 at its highest and I did give it a very low dosage of fox farm nutrients because I plan to use their soil and nutrient line of grow big big bloom and tiger blossom and was told to follow the fox farms feedin schedule but revised the first 2 weeks because it says to give it 6 tsp to 1 gallon of water and that's the grow big but I only used 2 tsp to 1 gallon n sprayed very lightly until damp and that was on Thursday so today I examined the plant and it seems to be getting worse I noticed the stem turning purple any help as to why this is would be greatly appreciated

So I am new to growing and I germinated a couple seeds I got from some bag I had and 2 sprouted pretty quickly so I put them in some seeds starter and put them under a 24watt 6400k full daylight spectrum light that puts out 2000 lumens I went with this light because my grow room is only approx 3x3x3 and I had one plant grow like 2 inchs pretty quickly n start to develope some leaves over like a 5 day period and i came home last night to my plant whilted over? So today I added a small fan and a thermometer and the temp has been around 74-78 at its highest and I did give it a very low dosage of fox farm nutrients because I plan to use their soil and nutrient line of grow big big bloom and tiger blossom and was told to follow the fox farms feedin schedule but revised the first 2 weeks because it says to give it 6 tsp to 1 gallon of water and that's the grow big but I only used 2 tsp to 1 gallon n sprayed very lightly until damp and that was on Thursday so today I examined the plant and it seems to be getting worse I noticed the stem turning purple any help as to why this is would be greatly appreciated

You don't want to nute a seedling. Did you put it in some soil already? Pics would help...

:Namaste:

I don't think I can post pics from the iphone4 I have yet to get Internet because of this stupid phone lol but it was about 2 inches tall growing in seed starter from a local nursery when I gave it a low dosage of nutes

I don't think I can post pics from the iphone4 I have yet to get Internet because of this stupid phone lol but it was about 2 inches tall growing in seed starter from a local nursery when I gave it a low dosage of nutes

It's pretty common practice to put the seedlings in your soil and let the soil take care of the nutes for the first 2 maybe three weeks they are in the pot..

2" is enough to transplant if you haven't already...bring the light up not too close so you don't stress them and water and watch for the first couple weeks at least....

Yeah I might have of had my light to close but it's about 3 1/2 to 4 inches off the plant now and I got it supported with a small twig n before I left it seemed to be getting color back to the lower stem where it was purple before so hopefully it can be saved n what is a safe distance for the light because it's only a 24 watt and no I have it in a small jiffy pot I'm going to make sure it's nice and healthy before I try to transplant and how big of a pot should i transplant to? Is a 4x4 x 8 deep going to be good enough because it's a fairly small GR

Yeah I might have of had my light to close but it's about 3 1/2 to 4 inches off the plant now and I got it supported with a small twig n before I left it seemed to be getting color back to the lower stem where it was purple before so hopefully it can be saved n what is a safe distance for the light because it's only a 24 watt and no I have it in a small jiffy pot I'm going to make sure it's nice and healthy before I try to transplant and how big of a pot should i transplant to? Is a 4x4 x 8 deep going to be good enough because it's a fairly small GR

Seedlings are very delicate and even though its 24 watts, I'd bring it up a little.

What size pot to transplant into will be dependent on how tall you want the plant to get and how long you're planning on growing for.

Transplanting it will help to make it healthy. You want to stabilize things as quickly as you can and putting it into great soil with consistent lighting, temp and relative humidity is key to growing good plants.

I've got 2 plants in 3 gallon smart pots and another in a 2 gallon painters bucket (it's an experiment).

None of them are over 14" and I've been in flower now for 4 weeks. Next grow will be all 2 gallon pots...short veg then flower.

Back
Top Bottom