New to growing: I need help please

Mattvegas88

So i have a aero. bucket setup. It is 5 gal. My ph im keeping at 5.7 to 6 and using fox farms big grow and epsom salt. I recently topped my plant and did lst. Both of which i have never done. Am i doing it right? Also the plant is 3.5 weeks old and i am supplementing with c02 from a 5 gal generator i made with a pump sugar water and yeast. Im sure i left out some stuff. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to 420! :ciao:

You have some healthy plants!! You did a great job topping. Your LST is pretty aggressive lol :laughtwo: and it would be more super cropping then LST no?:hmmmm: I’m not entirely sure

Lol normally people will tie down branches rather then the entire plant. It’s do-able, I did something similar to that to my Jamaican mountain kush plants I had a while back (turned out to be males, killed them right away after)

Thank you. Ive had really good luck so far. The only thing i wish i would have done differently is plant them all at the same time instead of 1 week at a time. This is my first time trying aero. Its tedious bus so far so good. This was bag seed fron bubba kush so i hope i dont get males lol. Also how much longer should i veg before going 12/12. I have been doing the 12 on 5.5 of 1 on 5.5 off schedule for veg. Seems like growth is quicker this way. Also my water sched. is 30 min on 1 hr off.

I have been doing the 12 on 5.5 of 1 on 5.5 off schedule for veg.

Ok :hmmmm: would you be able to explain that better? Lol

I’d say your plants still look young, I wouldn’t flip them for a while yet. How much room in your grow area do you have to work with?

I have as much as i need lol. 8 ft tall with 3x5 floor space. The light is called the gas lantern routine. Its pretty neat you should look it up.

I definitely will, I’ve actually heard of the gas lantern routine, don’t know much about it, but I will be sure to read up on it.

With that much room, you’ve got another month give or take to go yet, but again it’s up to you, your the one with the reigns in your hand. They do look healthy!!

Do you plan on starting a journal on your grow?

Welcome. I'm still brand new at this - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think your girls will benefit yet from supplemental CO2. Perhaps when they are bigger and you have more light. Don't mean to pick knits because you have some very nice plants. I agree with Backlipslide about waiting for them to get bigger before flipping.

She made it through the day. I had to prune a fan leaf cause it was getting in the way of the nodes light. Just wish she would grow faster now. Im going to try and fan the nodes that come out in a spiral as it grows to get better light coverage. Should be interesting. Speaking of lights has anyone used the par38 bulbs that ge makes? They are full spectrum and 32 watt led. I have 3 that i have been using so far and some cheap 3500k t8 led shop light. Im getting a 1500watt led panel tomorrow though. Also here is a pic of my bucket pump with sprinkler head.

Looking good! :thumb:

No I’ve never used one of those lights before, sorry dude! Maybe someone else has!

Hey you should make this into a journal. Do you know how to make a journal? You would be amazed at the people who will follow along your grow, and help you along the way! I don’t know much about hydro set ups so I wouldn’t be much help, but I love to learn!

Also another question, do you know about the news board? It posts all the new posts and might have an easier time finding threads that interest you.

While your exploring the 420 magazine forum swing on down to the link to the contests and have your hand at your chances of winning free stuff :thumb:

I would also love to have you along the ride with my journal, called Blue Angel 2019, it’s a lil long but read the first couple intro posts and then swing on down to the final page, or read the entire thing it’s up to you lol, but who’s got time for that :goof:

Back
Top Bottom