New to growing

vonny1989

Hey guys. i'm new to growing i have both high times growing videos and a book on growing but i still want some more help from other people cause i know there are tons of different ways to grow. right now i am looking for a cheap way to grow one plant just so i can test out stuff my self for the winter time maybe get a lot better before time comes to plant outdoors. What is the lowest watt/lumens i want to look for on a light for one plant. what can i use for soil and what can work best for soil (i want to attempt to put together my own growing medium if at all possible so what would be good to put together to get the right filtration so on so forth). if anyone is able to give me any pointers i would greatly appreciate it.

What is the lowest watt/lumens i want to look for on a light for one plant.

25w per square foot should be your minimum rule. So it will be based on how large you grow your one plant, which usually is also determined by how big of a grow area you're going with.

what can i use for soil and what can work best for soil

For one plant I would just purchase something fairly inexpensive, like a smaller size of Fox Farm Ocean Forest, I believe it comes in a 12 Quart size bag.

I would go with just a simple cardboard box for your one plant. Line it with some reflective material, and place four to five CFL bulbs at the top. (Remember minimum wattage per sq ft)

thank you very much jj bones. you might also be able to help me out i have been researching on what household items i could use for a fertilizer with a good N-P-K ratio. i saw that eggshells and coffee grounds are good to sprinkle around the plant before you water it but i don't know what else if anything would help with the grow process.

Welcome Bones, if you have the time please explore this site in-depth. You will easily find all the basic info you need to start your small grow and any questions you can't find will quickly be answered by any number of friendly experienced people on board.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom