New to Growing

Kayla21

Hello everyone, My names Kayla and i decided on the weekend that i wanted to try growng, Now i went to a hydroponic store and the guy hooked me up with a bunch of stuff

Indoor garden tent
PH down
Bud candy
PH tester
and some sorta food cant remeber name
2 floresent lights i believe 50-60watts
1000 balast
400 watt (considering returning for a 1000)
timer
thermometer
soil

Now i need some advice, i have a room i want to transform into a grow room, how would i get that started and what are some tips and info that i would need to know i am trying to do as much research as much as possible but everything conderdicts its self. I have 4 seeds that i germinated and put them in soil on saturday, should i give them food? i am doing about 19 hours of light and 5 dark is that good enough? sorry to be such a noob but i did do alot of research but every site says different .

thanks for your help in advance :):)

dont feed them nutes for a few weeks or youll probably kill them. If you have a good soil mix the plants should be fine, just like in nature.

everyone has there different methods of growing... some would tell you 18/6 hours is best during veg, or 24/0 is best.. it really all comes down to you, you will see and learn along the way.. you will develop a natural greenthumb and know by instinct what your babys need.

Since you have a hydroponics store near you.. I recomend buying Sunleaves Bat guano 10-02-01, for a small bag it's about 6 dollars, this stuff is amazing! make an herbal tea for your babies every other week (it's a leave booster) and watch them grow, they absolutely love it.

The darkness only stretches em which when you flower theyll do plenty of..when the lights are on 24 the space between each branch is small , the more space the less com...pact the buds .also did.you buy a 400 or a 1000 hps or mh?...600 hps are the best in my olinion. Indoors its all about.keeping the lights as close as possible, with a six you have less heat, uses less power and gives off just as much usable light.because you can get it closer than the thousand....youll need a reflector also

My gallery is all plants grown under six hundreds in a five by five room...one of my rooms is like ten by ten and I just use multiple sixes

Kayla....
I pretty much understand exactly how you feel. About the time you think you've figured what you want to do... well then you come across information that clouds your thinking. Damn it's gets confusing. And it's so easy to spend money for things that you're not quite sure how or when to use.

Starting with soil is a good choice. Since there are 2 basic phases for growing mj, Veg & Flower. Just concentrate on the veg phase. You can still plan for the flower phase. By doing this you'll likely answer some of your own questions and determine for example... which wattage light you need in the future. The size of your room is 1 important consideration for determining light wattage.

I don't want to assume what knowledge you have... but I will say this.
1.) Understanding pH is very important. Learn how to use your pH meter, learn how to keep it calibrated (requires buffer solutions). It's a pain to learn, but will give you confidence in your decisions.
2.) Understanding how to determine the strength of your plants food (nutrients) is also very important. Nutrient strength is typically measured in PPM (parts per million). (imo) PPM meters are easier to use than pH meters, but just as important. The ppm meter will indicate the strength of your nutrient solutions (plant food). You may have a dry plant food that doesn't require any testing like this, but most of us use a liquid solution, and we have to use the ppm meter to measure the strength of our solutions.
3.) Lighting, and more specifically the amount of LUMENS produced by lights.

Noticed you mentioned you bought some Bud Candy. If this is the Advanced Nutrients product... this is something you'll use later... in the flower phase.

TBC

everyone has there different methods of growing... some would tell you 18/6 hours is best during veg, or 24/0 is best.. it really all comes down to you, you will see and learn along the way.. you will develop a natural greenthumb and know by instinct what your babys need.

Since you have a hydroponics store near you.. I recomend buying Sunleaves Bat guano 10-02-01, for a small bag it's about 6 dollars, this stuff is amazing! make an herbal tea for your babies every other week (it's a leave booster) and watch them grow, they absolutely love it.

I'm using a FF product that is simlar to this product. Your right, the plants love it.

Back
Top Bottom