New to growing

Bodieh

Not sure if this is in the right section!

What Strain is it? AK 48
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? It's universal potting soil
If Soil... What Size Pot? 2L
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? No lights;, growing on the balcony
Any Pests? dont know, that is what I am wondering..
How Often are you Watering? Every 3 to 4 days, when the soil is dry and the leaves start to droop
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Using Bioblizz starter pack outdoor, Top Grow, Bio Bloom and Top Max - only using Top Grow at the minute to help it grow. Using 2ml per 1L of water

DSC_0023_1_2.JPG

DSC_0022_1_2.JPG

DSC_0024_1_2.JPG

I have noticed that there are small gnats as well, do you think they could of caused it ? If so, I saw putting a top layer of sand could help get rid of the infection... Am just looking for a more experienced opinion =)

Cheers!

Happy smoking!

I think its leaf miners. I've never seen leaf miner damage on cannabis plants in person, but I have seen alot of pictures of it and seen it on other plants and it looks alot like what you have going on. It's possible the white-ish dots (farther up towards the tip of the middle finger in the last picture) are damage spots from thrips as well. I think most products that get rid of thrips, also get rid of leaf miners, but you'll have to do some label reading to find out for sure.

Also, don't get the thrips confused with fungus gnats.
The sand on top of the soil will help if you have fungus gnats, but not if you have thrips.
Getting rid of thrips should be top priority as they will slowly eat your plant, fungus gnats (Edit:sorry, not thrips) are just kind of annoying, they will die in the grasp of your sticky buds and live in your, otherwise healthy, medium.

Aite, well what I will do anyways is have a look in the local growing shop and see if they have anything for thrips or leaf miners... Just out of saftey i think I might put some sand 1/4inch to cover over the soil JUST to make sure that I won't have any problems... If anyone else can give their opinion, i'll be happy =) Dont want the last month to go to waste !!!!

Aite, well what I will do anyways is have a look in the local growing shop and see if they have anything for thrips or leaf miners... Just out of saftey i think I might put some sand 1/4inch to cover over the soil JUST to make sure that I won't have any problems... If anyone else can give their opinion, i'll be happy =) Dont want the last month to go to waste !!!!

I know for a fact that Monterey Garden Insect Spray (containing spinosad) kills both, but that's the only one I know about.

If you're looking to kill any lava in the dirt that may be bustling around. diatomaceous earth will do the job and may be more efficient than sand. It basically coats and cuts up the waxy layer of soft bodied insects suffocating them. When you repot I would mix some in the soil for safe measure. Also to be known as a neutral ph but as always watch your ph

I know for a fact that Monterey Garden Insect Spray (containing spinosad) kills both, but that's the only one I know about.

Actually it kills all three (leaf miners, thrips, and fungus gnats) now that I think about it. As tyshizzle said, Diatomaceous earth works great as an amendment to soil or top dressing to keep gnats at bay.

Brilliant !!!! Thanks for your all your guys =) Will pop down to the grow shop tomorrow and see if I can find something similar to Monterey Garden Insect Spray and some diatomaceous earth =)

Will keep this thread updated on the situation!!

Happy toking everyone!

Back
Top Bottom