Keepitmello

Hello I am looking for some feedback please. I want to start growing but I'm not 100% sure what all I need and what products I should use or shouldn't use. I want to run a stealth grow considering I still live with my parents. I am going to be building a desk soon and its going to have a 4 feet by 2 "chest" that is 3feet tall. The desk is L shaped so one side will be the chest and the other will be like a normal desk.

I know I will be using a 300w LED considering the efficiency. I will be growing autos due to the 3 feet limit of the chest. I'm looking for recomdndations for what kind of fan system/filter and what strains would be best for my situation. I'm not afraid to spend a little money too.

Thank you.

Keepitmello :volcano-smiley::thumb::surf:

Granted smell can depend on strain, but IMHO you have somewhere between very little chance to no chance at all of being able to grow in a house w/o the other occupants of the house smelling it. They get pretty smelly towards the end of Flowering, maybe someone else has experience pulling it off and can chime in, I just think it would be next to impossible to do that.

Granted smell can depend on strain, but IMHO you have somewhere between very little chance to no chance at all of being able to grow in a house w/o the other occupants of the house smelling it. They get pretty smelly towards the end of Flowering, maybe someone else has experience pulling it off and can chime in, I just think it would be next to impossible to do that.

Even with a carbon filter system??

They usually don't come back in my room. I've heard stories of people growing in their apartment and keeping the smell down I was just wondering if I could in my case.

Even with a carbon filter system??

All that air has to go somewhere. Even a small box with computer fans and thru that carbon filter material puts off a smell, and mine's outside in my shed and even though legal here I worry about my neighbors smelling it as I could smell it in the mornings sometimes outside front door and 20' from shed. Even if you are pumping it outside it is going to be pretty obvious as bigger fans make more noise along with "whats that dryer hose there for?" But again maybe someone else has managed to do it and it not be an issue, just don't recall seeing any posts like that yet and plenty of the "my grow is in my attic/basement and repairman/fireman/landlord/father in law is coming over and worried about smell in rest of the house" kind of posts.

All that air has to go somewhere. Even a small box with computer fans and thru that carbon filter material puts off a smell, and mine's outside in my shed and even though legal here I worry about my neighbors smelling it as I could smell it in the mornings sometimes outside front door and 20' from shed. Even if you are pumping it outside it is going to be pretty obvious as bigger fans make more noise along with "whats that dryer hose there for?" But again maybe someone else has managed to do it and it not be an issue, just don't recall seeing any posts like that yet and plenty of the "my grow is in my attic/basement and repairman/fireman/landlord/father in law is coming over and worried about smell in rest of the house" kind of posts.

If I were to grow somewhere else other than my house, what would I need to keep the smell down/other supplies.

There are some stealthy strains as far as low smell goes. Do some research to figure out which one is best for your needs and height requirements. I know the gorilla seeds website has a tab that shows not so smelly strains and lists their characteristics. Keep in mind that leds need about 18 inches between them and the plants. That's half the height of your chest already then add in the fact that they have hangers on them that are about 6 in. Now you have to have a plant and container that puts the top of your plant at 12 inches. CFL or tube lights might be your best bet. The plants can literally touch them and be okay. A good carbon filter with a quiet fan could work wonders for smell but it won't eliminate all of it. Your best bet is to get a stealthy strain and still use the carbon filter. The fans do make noise though but you could mask that with a radio. You will need a good fertilizer free soil and some good nutrients made for cannabis such as fox farms. As well as ph and ppm meters to properly dose them. You will also need to do a lot of research on different training methods to keep your canopy low. Even with all of that being said. You are going to be burning at least 300 to 400 watts an hour between lights and fans. That's about a 20 dollar hike on the power bill. I hope you pay the power and your parents never look at the usage otherwise they're going to catch you that way.

Back
Top Bottom