New to growing

Kingtut24

420 Member
I’m a new grower and learning day by day I got 5 1 week plants and just wanna check in and make sure I got everything looking good. I got a grow tent with inlet and outlet fans a humidifier and a spider farmer 1000w led lights, with a recirculating fan on the plants humidity at 55-60% and temp 74-85. Let me know anything I could to to better my plants success thanks! and I’m using jiffy natural and organic seed starting mix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Welcome to the forum @Kingtut24 :welcome:

From the looks of it you are seriously over watering your plants. Them babies only need misting, with a sprayer, if you continue to over water they will die... it's called damping off, and basically you're causing root rot...let them dry out till they feel empty...the roots like a dry period to stretch out and look for water.
I just popped a bunch of beans and the ones that are a week old are twice to three times the size of yours.

Although Jiffy Seedling Starter mix is awesome :thumb: it's what I use...it will hold that water for days...so be careful and good luck...

If you have anymore questions and/or concerns :hmmmm: and if you can handle constructive criticism :rofl: you can tag me by putting an @ in front of my name, I'll be more than happy to help, and if I don't know the answer, we'll bring in someone who does :popcorn::goodluck:

Welcome to the forum @Kingtut24 :welcome:

From the looks of it you are seriously over watering your plants. Them babies only need misting, with a sprayer, if you continue to over water they will die... it's called damping off, and basically you're causing root rot...let them dry out till they feel empty...the roots like a dry period to stretch out and look for water.
I just popped a bunch of beans and the ones that are a week old are twice to three times the size of yours.

Although Jiffy Seedling Starter mix is awesome :thumb: it's what I use...it will hold that water for days...so be careful and good luck...

If you have anymore questions and/or concerns :hmmmm: and if you can handle constructive criticism :rofl: you can tag me by putting an @ in front of my name, I'll be more than happy to help, and if I don't know the answer, we'll bring in someone who does :popcorn::goodluck:
Thanks and how often should I water and how much ?

Thanks and how often should I water and how much ?
Well :hmmmm: actually I have a pretty weird way of watering my seedlings :ciao: I keep the surface moist with a sprayer, but only for looks :rofl: I set my solo cups in a coffee can lid, and I wait till the cup feels empty, then I put the equivalent of a swallow of water in the lid so it can be sucked up by the soil and the roots will go straight to the bottom and spread, so that I can transplant quicker, and give them a good/real watering...I'll get some pics and be back to show you...but the important thing is to let the soil dry out before watering again:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom