New to hydro, need info!

stewbacca6

So I have 1.5 soil grows under my belt and am ready to go hydro. Im thinking of an ebb and flow system. I want to do a scrog with a plant finishing every month, so I will have to plants flowering and one vegging. My question is what kind of supplies do I need. Right now im thinking reservoir, tray, clay pellets, net pots, pump and timer. Do I need anything else? If there is a thread with this info feel free to link it! thanks a lot

you can't do a scrog with a plant finishing every month unless you do separate scrog tables. SCROGs require you train the plants under a screen which can take several weeks by itself. Once you get about 50% trained you flip the switch to 12/12 and then finish training the plants during the 21 days stretch. I suggest you read up on scrogs.

I have never read anywhere that the training process adds a couple weeks to the entire grow. Did not know this.
Anyway, my plan is to have one plant vegging in a separate grow box, and when its ready, transfer it to my flowering box. I can devote a month to vegging, which would be enough time to grow and train a scrog plant for flowering, right?
Also, in an ebb and flow system, does the reservoir need to be directly below the plants?

scrog? I'm assuming this is a watering method? I think i might have done it once, is it setting up a system using like inverted 2 liter coke bottles and using pvc to connect the entire thing? I'm not well educated on the term but if this is a scrog system i personally believe it is a waste of potential plant room, instead I'd set up just little palstic trays (around (in feet) 5x1 1/2x5inches height) cut holes into the bottom for a drain hole and water hole and connect it with rubber tubing(sprinkler stuff) and use a fish pump in like a 5 gallon plastic tray beneath, If the scrog method is what i stated before it was much more difficult and time consuming to set up than the basic tarys not to metion for the ray method everything u need is at home depot and it was way cheaper for me, also you can fit far more plants into the trays(fill the tray with hydro rock and add plants or put plants into individual cups w/ hydro rocks) plus it was a pain in the #*# to clean roots out of a pvc tube maze. And if thats not the scrog method what can i say, i love wasting time:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom