New to soil (autoflowering)

jwb87

hey all, good to be back!

life picked up pace pretty quick so I had to put the grow on hold but I'm back and ready to grow, but I have a change of game plans, hydro to soil!

I had already purchased EVERYTHING for hydro. Everything is all made, all nutes are bought, and ready to go only one issue, sound. Tried a "dry run" and it appeared to loud so I'd like to try soil for my first grow now.

Been doing some research but still having trouble picking a good soil & knowing how to use it for Autoflowering plants. These plants should be done within 60-70 days.

I have used the search function but maybe someone already has a good journal I can follow for a good pot size, soil brand & nute schedule for soil. I already have the Advanced Nutes Micro, Grow & Bloom, purchased for Hydro, can that still be used??

Since these plants are allowed a 24/0 light schedule & are done quickER will I need to change my soil?? For a 3 foot plant should I follow the 1 gal -> 1 foot rule??

As far as water, my local pet shop sells 1 gal of PH balanced water for $.50, but Im not sure of a good schedule as I do not have a moisture meter (I have a PPM & PH meter though..)

Sorry for all the n00b questions, and the long post. Again if there is another thread/journal for Autoflowering in soil I am most eager to read, thanks to all!!!:thanks::thanks:

autoflowers will grow larger (to an extent) in a larger pot.
a 1-2 gal pot will produce a smaller plant than a 3-5 gal pot.

Do not transplant. put the seed (or seedling) in the final container

Welcome back! Thought I would throw my opinion out there.

hey all, good to be back!

life picked up pace pretty quick so I had to put the grow on hold but I'm back and ready to grow, but I have a change of game plans, hydro to soil!

I had already purchased EVERYTHING for hydro. Everything is all made, all nutes are bought, and ready to go only one issue, sound. Tried a "dry run" and it appeared to loud so I'd like to try soil for my first grow now.

Been doing some research but still having trouble picking a good soil & knowing how to use it for Autoflowering plants. These plants should be done within 60-70 days.

I have used the search function but maybe someone already has a good journal I can follow for a good pot size, soil brand & nute schedule for soil. I already have the Advanced Nutes Micro, Grow & Bloom, purchased for Hydro, can that still be used??
-NO...only the Grow and Bloom can be used with soil. Micro is for hydro set ups only.

Since these plants are allowed a 24/0 light schedule & are done quickER will I need to change my soil?? For a 3 foot plant should I follow the 1 gal -> 1 foot rule??
-I agree with Chicago Joe, I would go with a 4 gallon. That leads me to my opinion on soil. Roots Organic or Fox Farm Ocean Forest for a bottom layer, fill about 1/3 of the pot with one of these. Then the rest with a less "hot" soil like Fox Farm Happy Frog. This will encourage root growth early in the top layer of soil, then when those roots hit the bottom layer you will be set until harvest. Since your only going 60-70 days no need to transplant, ph should stay stable and with your AN nutes the plants will have all the micro and macro nutes it needs.

As far as water, my local pet shop sells 1 gal of PH balanced water for $.50, but Im not sure of a good schedule as I do not have a moisture meter (I have a PPM & PH meter though..)
-Tap water left out for 24 hours then ph'd will be just fine. Save the money and the hassle.

Sorry for all the n00b questions, and the long post. Again if there is another thread/journal for Autoflowering in soil I am most eager to read, thanks to all!!!:thanks::thanks:

Hope that helps. I've been curious about trying an auto flower strain since there are more available now. No worries about the questions, that's what this site is for!

Round

Round_Pot_1.jpg

Round_Pot_2.jpg

and Square
Square_Pot_1.jpg

Square_Pot_2.jpg

so go with the round i guess and dont change soil/transplant anything.

Back
Top Bottom