New to soiless mix

Rendrick

Just a quick question im using sunshine mix for my WW and am curious if i should be feeding with every water every 4 days ? Or should i feed every other watering that
i did in soil and worked good for me?Any input would be much apreciated.just fyi im using 3 gallon pots

Rendrick:peace:

Re: New to soilless mix

High Rendrick!

Could you give us a more detail about your grow setup? what kind of planters are you using?

In any case I Imagine going soil less with something like sunshine mix is a lot like running a hempy setup, in which there is little to no nutes left behind after the water. This would lead to think you'd want to feed with every water. Your best bet would be to start of doing every other water and if they are showing signs of def you can easily correct this by feeding every water.

Thanks Chrome
I am running 5 ww in just 3 gallon round pots under 1000 hps
temps 76 lights on 69 lights off
feeding 1 gallon every 4 days gh 3part+ cal mag + superthrive=1500ppm water starts at 120ppm soon to add kool bloom
Ph adjusted to 6.3
humidity around 40 to 55%

Like i said new to soiless mix and not sure if i should feed every water or if it should go feed-water-feed

Thanks Rendrick:peace:

I love soil-less mix! #4 is the best out there. I have done 15 crops in #4 and also have helped friends with hydro and organic, but I will always use soil-less because in my opinion it is the best.
Watering - feed with full dosage every watering. As was mentioned by another member, the nutes are suspended in the water. Soilless IS NOT to be treated like soil. Soiless mixed contain NO organic living material. It is boiled and cleaned when it is made. Therefore the mix does not retain any nutes (other than salt build up which I will get to). When you water, wait till the plant is 3/4 dry. I use 3 gallon bags, when I water it takes 1 gallon of water before it begins to drain from bottom... ALWAYS water untill 1/4 more solution drains out... ALWAYS!
Why?,... salt build up. If you only water untill it barely drips out then it will leave a layer of salt at the bottom, as you water each time it leaves more salt build up which is toxic to roots. After a few waterings 1/4 of the bottom of your container will be a toxic waaste that roots cant grow in... also the top few inches also do not have roots(due to light and agitaion) so after 1st month you are only using 1/2 of the soil in the container. This will result in root bind and likely plant toxicity due to the build up.
If 1 gallon soaks them then give 1.5 gallons and use shop-vac/turkey baster/small pump to remove run off.
You will notice that when the first bit of water comes out bottom of container it is very yellow.... after a little more water it becomes clear, this is showing that the salts are being washed out of the soil.

Also NEVER leave water in the bottom of your trays as the same thing will result.
I hope this makes sense, I will watch this thread in case you h=ave some more Q's.

Jonny

Beutifull Stilleto this is the exact info i was looking for i was making two fatal mistakes i was feeding every other watering and was leaving the runoff in the container. Thanks for the great info .Peace and Pot :party:

Rendrick:peace::thanks:

Rendrick is using the same setup as I am (except I'm vegging with HID) and I hope finally found the answer to my question.. do I need run off with soiless mix ? My first grow was a disaster, including over watering and too heavy with the nutrients, so I was extra cautious with watering and fertilizing. My plants have been very slow growing after about 6 weeks. Not enough water and not enough nutrients. So.. I should provide extra water (with full dosage of Bio-Thrive and Bio-Root) to remove possible salt build up ?

Back
Top Bottom