New to the game

r69l

Guys I need your help on this set up,do I have everything to get started the right way,this will be my first grow and it won't be my last.
thunderbolt_1478.jpg
thunderbolt_1478.jpg
thunderbolt_1479.jpg
thunderbolt_1480.jpg
thunderbolt_1481.jpg
thunderbolt_1482.jpg
thunderbolt_1483.jpg
thunderbolt_1485.jpg
thunderbolt_1487.jpg
thunderbolt_1488.jpg
thunderbolt_1489.jpg

not familiar with hydroponics... but it looks like you've done your homework. :bravo:

What strains are you planning on growing?

I've done quite a few grows with deep water culture and they require CONSTANT vigilance. I mean, you have to check the water level every day or every other day for about 8-10 weeks. With a 50 gallon res it is not so bad but when your plant is sitting in the res a la DWC it sucks up a tremendous amount of water. Before you notice there is a problem your PPM has gone through the roof and your EC is off the chart as well. What this generaly means is nutrient lockout. Don't get me wrong...a DWC grow done right is a beautiful thing, but very risky. I've done cycle after cycle of DWC and was very aware of keeping the water fresh but the second you get lazy, and forget to monitor your buds may get locked out and your buds will be FUBAR. I found the best way to use my 5 gallon DWC kit is to fill it with planting soil and put it in a flood tray and say to hell with expensive nutrients because I have been getting LARGER YIELDS of 100% ORGANIC BUDS USING A SOIL BLEND grown from seeds! To hell with clones!!!

Well today I will finished the whole set up, I'm about 80 percent done, I'm still trying to figure that part out on what kind to grow, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Sativa and maybe two Indicia, I'm just so hook on sativa, so if you guys got any good ideas please let me know.Thanks for you input.

Family can you help me out on this,a friend was telling me it will if I put my filter on the ground it will work better for what I'm trying to do.

very nice friend. i put my veg. and bloom rooms together about three months ago and are weighting for more funds to finish. just need ventilation and a stronger bloom light. i have managed to grow a female as a test with bag seed and she was beautiful. not very powerful do to lack of light and proper nutes but i learned a lot in the process. if i had to guess she was probably at 10%. i know my next grow will be much better as im a little more educated.

Ok to answer your Q i would ask you if you have a way to cool that lighting down via. air or water cooled? temps are a big factor and will kill um every time. i have even read that some use a window type ac unit to pipe in cooling but i simply cooled my light source and maintained around 73 keep humidity low and your good to go.

i do agree here with the soil grow but i dont understand how you get away without using nutes. even after a while the nutes have to be replaces in soil and monitored granite not as often. PH levels are important to control lock out but for the high tess you will need to feed them from time to time in soil. too much food and you will burn em out.

Family can you help me out on this,a friend was telling me it will if I put my filter on the ground it will work better for what I'm trying to do.

i wouldnt think it matters at all where your carb. filter is as the air in your box is constantly circulating right.

i wouldnt think it matters at all where your carb. filter is as the air in your box is constantly circulating right.
Thanks bro, like I said I'm new to the growing game and wanted to make sure I'm going the right way. I just finish my set up will upload in a few, fam please keep it real and let me know what you think so I start to grow.

Looking pro! Need a temp & RH meter in there just so you know what's going on. Then grab some seeds/clones and start. You're good to go!
Thanks HighDive. I do have a temp meter forgot to install it, didn't know I need RH meter, what will that do,be kind to a bro, I'm new to this.:roorrip:

With a RH meter (usually comes a 2-in-1 combo with the temp meter) helps to know the humidity in the given space. Too much humidity can cause mildew/mold to grow on your plants. For veg it's safe to have it around 50-60%, for flowering 30-40% is good. I have never experienced molds in my nugs, but have read journals with some that does, and it still hurts. It can really destroy the crop, which took months to grow, if left unchecked.

Can't wait to see what strain you'll be growing it with.

With a RH meter (usually comes a 2-in-1 combo with the temp meter) helps to know the humidity in the given space. Too much humidity can cause mildew/mold to grow on your plants. For veg it's safe to have it around 50-60%, for flowering 30-40% is good. I have never experienced molds in my nugs, but have read journals with some that does, and it still hurts. It can really destroy the crop, which took months to grow, if left unchecked.

Can't wait to see what strain you'll be growing it with.
I have one just forgot to install it,my next question is do I need more air coming in now, with what I will be having going out.I do have air coming in just not as much going out, I will be adding one more fan in the mix will that help.

You should always keep your exhausts as active as you can, but your intake just needs to be passive (just a hole, or 2, or 10), whose surface areas = that of the exhaust.

It will help with odour but more importantly with temperature.

I think the goal is to get a slight negative pressure in the 'tent' (which is achieved through exhaust fans actively pushing air out and sucking it in through the holes you made for intake).

As always intake on bottom, exhaust near top cuz heat rises :)

Please let us know what strains your growing !!!!

whew! glad somebody corrected r on the hot air rising. was about to waste that cool air. cool air is gonna be a valued commodity when u crank up that light. u didn't say wattage on the light. is it a sealed hood or open? also, don't forget to hook up exhaust fan to carb. filter. lol! u laugh if u want, but i've done dumber things than that. u get excited starting off. target rh in veg. should be about 50% or so. lower in flower. u didn't say where u would be setting up u're tent (in a spare room w/ac & heat...in garage or storage bldg). environment is the hardest part...u can fix anything else. NEVER use full strength nutes, even in later stages. the nutes u have chosen are a bit like giving a 16yr old a 700hp car, but that's ok, just go easy. if u're plants are starving, they will tell u. PH is critical in hydro...shoot for 5.8 or as close as possible. will u be using tap water? if so u need to check that 1st. u'll need to keep some cal/mag on hand...just in case. before u start growing, start a grow journal. some of the best growers i know are on this site & they'll be happy to help u. well, take what u want & leave the rest. GOOD LUCK!!!

whew! glad somebody corrected r on the hot air rising. was about to waste that cool air. cool air is gonna be a valued commodity when u crank up that light. u didn't say wattage on the light. is it a sealed hood or open? also, don't forget to hook up exhaust fan to carb. filter. lol! u laugh if u want, but i've done dumber things than that. u get excited starting off. target rh in veg. should be about 50% or so. lower in flower. u didn't say where u would be setting up u're tent (in a spare room w/ac & heat...in garage or storage bldg). environment is the hardest part...u can fix anything else. NEVER use full strength nutes, even in later stages. the nutes u have chosen are a bit like giving a 16yr old a 700hp car, but that's ok, just go easy. if u're plants are starving, they will tell u. PH is critical in hydro...shoot for 5.8 or as close as possible. will u be using tap water? if so u need to check that 1st. u'll need to keep some cal/mag on hand...just in case. before u start growing, start a grow journal. some of the best growers i know are on this site & they'll be happy to help u. well, take what u want & leave the rest. GOOD LUCK!!!

I have this setup in the garage. I'm hoping that I don't have to get an A.C. Unit because summer is around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom