New to the site - Don't Shoot - Big yielding autos?

maccamoo

Hello from austria
iv joined here because were i have been a member before is not the most sociable of sites
iv had 2 succesfull grows before. Succesfull for me anyway maybe not for you lot here im talking about 0.3/.4G per watt

Iv been gifted a few bits of kit
1000 watt worth of hps hps in 2 cool tubes
carbon filter
5ft x 5ft tent

Now i no nobody likes yield questions but
whats the biggest yielding auto strain for what iv got?
Il be using soil and the canna range just the basic stuff with some bloom stuff at the end

also what would be a ball park yield without hitting major problems?

Congrats! Any harvest is a good harvest in my opinion especially if you are just learning or maybe not have the "best setup"

Autos, depending on strain will yeild anywhere between 1g and 3oz each. A lot has to do with genetics, some has to do with stresses and a little is the light and nutes. I've had lowryders yeild 2 oz+ before I've also had some yeild less than a gram. There are "new" genetics called super autos which produce larger plants with more yeild but they take a little longer.

Good luck, can't wait to see a thread in the grow forum!

the northern lights x big bud was an easy plant to grow that gave me over 2 ozs and i stunted her a few times and didn't have a good nute regiment..so she could have been way bigger .. she took about 82 days
2014-08-07_01-30-50_974.jpg
2014-08-10_22-31-05_976.jpg
2014-08-14_21-55-01_826.jpg

Thanks for the infomstion devil. I have once grewn big bud. There is nice colour in the finished bud in your picutre.

ricorico thanks also id wondered about 12/12 from seed. The cost of seeds isnt really an issue. With 1000 watt of hps/mh how many would you advise putting in my 5x5 tent? I will guess id need a few with plants being small? What can this system yield? 7-14g a plant? Iv not grown with this much light before

With your lights, you can easily get double that, or more, per plant.

They start flowering after 2 or 3 weeks, then 50 or 60 days later they are finished, depending on the strain.

I run 4 or 5 plants at once in 4X4 space, but I could fit more in. You don't have to start so many at once.

Planting a few seeds every couple of weeks would give you a constant supply after 70 days or so.

With 12/12 from seed, you get a huge main cola - everything else is bonus, but with a little training you can encourage more side growth, if you want to.

Here is a thread on the subject: No Mercy - 12/12 - 7 Harvests a Year System

:Namaste:

Thanks for the infomstion devil. I have once grewn big bud. There is nice colour in the finished bud in your picutre.

ricorico thanks also id wondered about 12/12 from seed. The cost of seeds isnt really an issue. With 1000 watt of hps/mh how many would you advise putting in my 5x5 tent? I will guess id need a few with plants being small? What can this system yield? 7-14g a plant? Iv not grown with this much light before

thank u sir

Ur welcome devil

ricorico may i call u rico?
Thanu for yhat link. Il take a break and read it soon. Iv got some seens on there way yo me now.
10 of the greenhouse seeds "Super Bud" fem

think 15 litre buckets sound about right for 12/12 fs

btw u talked me into it iv ditched the auto idea. Sure i can fit 10 in there. If i was to do this and make it a sucess id need at least 20gram per plant which after reading does seem achivable. Youv also got me thinking about the split harvest maybe 5 then 5 five weeks later. Something to think about for sure.

The strain iv chose is a 8 week indica dom. With skunk and big bud genetics.

I have never topped my plants, I usually just crimp and bend the top over.

You could try topping one plant and see how it goes,

but whatever you do, do it early. Especially if you decide to top.

Training is only effective during the weeks of veg and stretch.

I look forward to your grow journal :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom