New to this and need some Help please

nhteatime

Hi all. Just started growing outside a few weeks ago for the first time and Ive been trying everything to get rid of some kind of bug. Two of my plants have holes in them and the bottom leaves of my plants have turned brown and fallen off. I stuck some bowls with beer in the ground seeing if it attracts slugs. (i do this with my other plants and it works) I looked over each plant and leaf and I see nothing even under a magnifying glass. Today i put some dish soap in a spray bottle and sprayed them down hoping whatever is eating them will stop.

Ive gone through the forums and have been learning alot (like how NOT to use MG soil) too late - think im going to try inside next. Please take a look at the pics and let me know what you think
plant96.jpg
plant263.jpg

Two plants are about 3 1/2 ft tall and the other two are about a foot smaller (more pics coming)

BDS Feminized hybrid bought them online and dont know much about them
4 plants in veg stage for bout 6 weeks now
water every other day because its been so damn hot here high 80s to 90 and very humid
gave them some 30 6 6 fertilizer and watered the hell out of the soil to cut it down a little because i thought the lack of nitrogen was turning leaves brown
normally feeding MG 20 20 20 every two weeks
One question I have I planted them behind a shed, they get sun all day but they still have their backs against the shed - is this okay?

As long as they get a half or more of full sun a day your buds will be nice. The main thing about growing outside is to let the top soil to dry and not over water. It is easy to do outside but it is even worse to over water outside then inside. Why I say that.is there are a lot more bugs outside and love wet soil to put eggs in and larva. I wish you the best and happy growing..

plants_43.jpg
plants312.jpg
plants218.jpg
plants116.jpg
plants_53.jpg

Checked my plants last night and shook one of them a little and a little white fly flew or jumped off. I bought some organicide and sprayed on half the dose they say on the bottle. Checked the plants this morning. No new damage and my cups of beer had 2 slugs in it. It will be a wait and see thing. I feel like a mad scientist, doing research and trying different things. I added some mulch last night too to keep moisture in and hopefully some bugs out. Is that a good idea? Thanks CO finest for the tip on watering. We have a lot of rain coming in the next few days so wont be doing any watering myself for a while..

Cut a clone today. I am going to try to root it in a regular plastic water bottle. I cut the stem with sharp scissors at a 45% and then roughed up the bottom stem just slightly. Saw someone try this with good results. 8 days from now we will see what happens

Welcome to :420: message boards.

This post is already starting to look like a grow journal. I'll subscribe here.

To get THE BEST support for growing your plants, meet friends and influence people: the grow journal is great :)

Good luck. Good looking girls !

I

Hi Radogast, thanks for joining. This is definitely going to be trial and error but looking forward to the journey. :)

I found a japanese beetle on one of my plants today. Fed them some MG and then sprayed the hell out of them with organocide. I dont know if itll work on the beetles but it has cut down on whatever else was attacking them. I could get one of those beetle traps but I heard different reviews on them. Some say they attrack more beetles to the area and others say not..so what to do???

Back
Top Bottom