New to this forum: hello fellow Growmies check me out!

Rickpohiogrows420

Here's my 2x2x4 HYDRO grow and I also and start 6 gelato of in living soil

Attachments

• IMG_20200809_102700.jpg
    IMG_20200809_102700.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200808_135815.jpg
    IMG_20200808_135815.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200807_122811.jpg
    IMG_20200807_122811.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 14
welcome to 420. gals look happy. :)

make sure to get a journal up and running. check out the last line in my sig for good to know stuff.

Thanks guys anybody have any recommendations for living soil RZT root zone temps and cooling tips for fabric pots . Also in my hydro system I hade a phase where it seems the roots kinda went brown but didn't die then an explosion of root growth during flowering I mean massively!!! Lol I had a chiller I had retrofitted this Roots farm 6 gallon recirculating deep water culture system to have a chiller and then my chiller broke so now I'm flowering my plants with no chiller completely opposite of what I should be doing so hopefully I'll get to harvest it'll be my first hydroponic harvest after 2 years of spending God knows how much money in trial and error diy systems

Welcome to the forum @Rickpohiogrows420 :welcome:

Thanks guys anybody have any recommendations for living soil RZT root zone temps and cooling tips for fabric pots . Also in my hydro system I hade a phase where it seems the roots kinda went brown but didn't die then an explosion of root growth during flowering I mean massively!!! Lol I had a chiller I had retrofitted this Roots farm 6 gallon recirculating deep water culture system to have a chiller and then my chiller broke so now I'm flowering my plants with no chiller completely opposite of what I should be doing so hopefully I'll get to harvest it'll be my first hydroponic harvest after 2 years of spending God knows how much money in trial and error diy systems
On your organic soil, it should never get below 75F naturally, and it should "always" be kept moist, because it's "alive" :thumb:
And with your DWC, are you changing the res, or adding anything like z-7 or peroxide??

Yeah clear Rez. But 75 seems awfully higher for soil temps can you cite any litterateur..
:hmmmm: Well I'm self taught, but I've used an living organic soil (LOS) and it never gets below 78F when it's really healthy :thumb: but I can look if ya want :popcorn:

Yeah clear Rez. But 75 seems awfully higher for soil temps can you cite any litterateur..
All I could find is this....

How warm should soil be before planting?
65° to 75°F.

The ideal or optimal soil temperature for planting and growing most vegetables is 65° to 75°F. Vegetable seeds and seedlings require minimum soil temperatures to germinate and grow. Seeds and seedlings require optimal soil temperatures to thrive.

78 degrees in the root zone really that seems high!
Hell even my indoor FFOF reads (in a 30 gallon container) 77F...and that's before I use it and stick it under my HIDs :thumb: take a walk through my garden and look for yourself :thumb:

Well see I'm conducting an experiment with a blend of custom organic soils I used last year that sat out all winter. 3 3 gallon pots with the soil and about 15 worms in each pot ..... And 75 -78 may be to warm for them is all I'm worried about
All my organic soil is for my veggie garden outside, which is where my compost bin is at, but I use ocean fish meal, bat guano, bone meal and worm castings, along with some kind of "recharge" amendments (beneficial fungi, and microbes)...

...but sounds like you're going the route I chose of trial and error, and see what works best for you :thumb: nothing wrong with that :goodluck:

All my organic soil is for my veggie garden outside, which is where my compost bin is at, but I use ocean fish meal, bat guano, bone meal and worm castings, along with some kind of "recharge" amendments (beneficial fungi, and microbes)...

...but sounds like you're going the route I chose of trial and error, and see what works best for you :thumb: nothing wrong with that :goodluck:
Thanks yeah I'm using all the same things going to top dress and make teas from work casting and Dr earth or fox farm organic fertilizer ...

Attachments

• 15970683639031180118639.jpg
    15970683639031180118639.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 10
Welcome Rick! I'm an LOS grower too. I've never taken my soil temps. I don't know what I'd do with the information. I grow in my basement and find the summer is what they like. My canopy temps are 79 to 82 F and they seem to really love it. So what would my soil temp tell me?
My soil is from A book "The Rev" put out called True Living Organics.

Back
Top Bottom