New to this

ItGoesUp

Hi,
I've been lurking on the forums for a while reading in different topics and sub sections learning what I can.
With all the joy growing brings people and harvesting as well, I decided to give it a try as well.
My only problem is, I have a small apartment ( 2 rooms with separate kitchen ) , no balcony or garden, no built in wall closet spaces, and not so optimal location ( placement wise ) so I have to try to figure out a stealth option.
I've been looking online for something to suit my needs and I stumbled upon a couple of companies that offer stealth grow boxes ( seeing that a tent is risky for me, incase my landlord decides to take a random peek into the apartment ) so I've looked and narrowed my sights down on one, BC Northen Lights.
I've seen mixed reviews on the sites and this one, saying the same can be achieved for way less money with better results, but I work 3 shifts 6 days a week and live about 45 mins away from work and don't have as much time as I'd like to look after them.
The box I'm looking at is ' The Roommate Royale ' with the dryer and the t5 lights and the Co2.
My ultimate question for you all here is, do any of you have one of these boxes ?
What is your success with them ? ( quality , how much was harvest )
Is the learning curve hard for someone like myself who only has experience with crushing bud and rolling it ?
Did you get hit hard in utility costs ?
All in all are you satisfied ?
Last but not least , when / if I buy mine could you help ?
Thanks to everyone that sat through this.
I hope you all have a great weekend

Mmm feeling a little ticked off with a lack of replies !

Like your self many lurk & read trying to learn stuff, more likely don't have an active forum account so views click up & no response...

Most of the regular folks who post stuff around here are tent growers... stealth set ups are pretty rare in active journals so a tad hard to say what is best ?

At best you might want further research that funky little box of yours by adding name & review or some thing to see what results come up or look for stealth grow journals by using the forum search function :thumb:

The thing is it is a hydroponic set up & very small res or water tank the PH will change quite rapidly which needs almost daily managerment & no top up tank either... basically the larger the res tank the more stable you PH drift will be over time !

I don't think that box is a good option.

Other wise i may think a DIY closet or wardrobe perhaps a designed stealth cabinet & just might view auto pot self feed/water systems or the alien easy feed system & basically an improved auto pot but other self watering systems are available if ya look around.

So welcome to :420: sorry ya got ticked off with lack of response so fa,r after all it is the week end & many are happly blazing away :tokin:

My fault, you're right I might have let my nerves get the better of me.
I apologize for that.
I'm just in a time constraint of ordering this or totally backing out and looking into a new option.
I appreciate what you said and will look into what you listed above.
Maybe I could get a dresser or some sort of cabinet made and put a tent with a carbon filter in the cabinet ? Just a thought.
I will definitely look into the self watering and the self feeding system though as my main concerns are :

- Stealth
- 90% odor free ( I'm realistic and know nothing can be 100% of odor free )
- self maintaining from water and feeding for that most part
- half way easy learning curve , so I'm not overwhelmed right off the bat

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and for giving me your opinion, definitely means a lot !
Have a great Sunday

I don"t know about the grow box your looking at, but i just finished my first grow in a box called Cash crop 4.0 , it was easy, results where good (search my name,and you can see my pics ) I have to say , i added more lights than they give you, it makes alittle noise , because of the air pump , and there is some smell involved,but i"m happy with the results i got

I've seen it.
The price is awesome but there isn't any filter on it I believe and odor control is one of the biggest must haves in my book due to my location ( I live in a complex where the police share the same building as me )
With that being said, odor control is a must, I have a air filter running in the apartment and when I blaze I use a ' SmokeBuddy' to control the smell, been living here for a couple years problem free, would like to keep it that way ( at least till I find a cheaper spot)
Also how does that box fare with water and feeding?
As stated I live 45 mins each direction from work and home, and work ( most weeks ) 6 days a week, with 3 different shifts ( morning, afternoon, night )
So I need the box to be a little self efficient so while I'm at work I don't worry about my plants withering away or the ph going off the charts.
Im also on the reserve list for ' The Leaf ' Grow box but there you can only plant 2 plants and I do not think that will surfice my needs, as I am a true smoker and enjoy keeping something lit through out the day.
I will keep looking at options but if I'm going to end up purchasing a different box , but have to tweak around on it ( add lights, or add fan or stuff like this ) I feel it might be better just to build my own cabinet and then add what is needed and do it right the first time around, instead of paying lots of shipping fees and having my name all over customs
Thanks for your input though ! Will keep that box in mind

yes , building your own box, is the way to go, its much less expensive,and you can make it to fit your own needs, unfortunately for me, i had not the tools,or place to construct it. no matter witch box you chose, you will have to check the ph,at least once a day, and if you go hydroponics, you need to change the water/nutrients once a week Good luck, and , not that i am anykind of authority on this stuff, if you have a question, please ask

I can check the ph and look at the plants once or twice a day, that's not an issue.
Also changing the water res and cleaning once a week isn't an issue either.
I just need for self feed/ water and for lighting to be all automatic.
Building one on my own will no doubt suit me better but will take a large portion of my time seeing that I'm no engineer or carpenter.
Also designing it right will also be challenging, is why I'm still leaning to some sort of box and would really like to get someone's take on a box who has one.

Back
Top Bottom