New UK grower

I am UK.

I wish I could grow out door too but for me as a novice, Deep Water Culture indoor has been superb.

I have had to learn a lot but huge yields off a couple of plants (and thus well below the nine plant "typical" limit for getting prosecuted for cultivation)

Outdoor is going to have to wait a year or so for me as I need a new house and better neighbours !
Hi
Just had a look at your completed grows :thedoubletake:
outdoor has been ok for this total novice!
Few issues with leafs but other than
Hi Rach.

Looking at your pics I don't think it's any kind of deficiency, I think it could just be that they are getting a little cold at night, looks like your stems are a bit purple too which can be a sign of too lower temps.

Low temps might stunt growth a little.
I wouldn't be too concerned as they seem to be stacking up really well,
If you can bring them in somewhere warmer but still dark at night it would help.
Thank you.. panic over.
Learn something new every day. The growth does look slower than the other one who’s leafs and stems are white and fatter.
will make sure I bring them in each night, babies too. Thank you again.

Just read this...
"So your 5 weeks from harvest and your leaves are beginning to turn purple. This is by and large brought on by a sudden phosphorus deficiency. On the off chance that the temperature dropped to 50 degrees (F.) your plant will increase the up take-up of phosphorus and that will make plants turn purple."

My gummies :yummy: :party:

Attachments

• 20200726_124900.jpg
    20200726_124900.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
For those of us growing in jurisdictions where it is illegal to cultivate cannabis, growing indoors or outdoors each have their risks.

In the UK, assuming you are in a county (state) where you are not likely to be prosecuted for growing 5 to 9 plants, the police will most likely confiscate your equipment and issue a warning.

I would like to bet being caught a few more times whilst also growing 5 to 9 plants would not result in a prosecution and conviction.

Your loss of expensive lights, tents, carbon filters, dehumidifier, fans and environmental control equipment is going to hurt a lot more than what they might confiscate from an outdoor grower (unless they confiscate an expensive greenhouse you were also growing legal plants or crops in.

If that were it, outdoor would win hands down for those with a moderately private secure garden. Unfortunately for most it won't be that simple and the police are going to be motivated by members of the public reporting you to them more than anything else.

Autos resolve many problems, cheap disposable greenhouses others but for the moment indoor is arguably a better way to go for most who are not after an annual or one off low cost low risk crop.

A hybrid greenhouse that could use the sun and also be switched to an indoor operation to reduce smells and increase security might be an interesting product....

Just read this...
"So your 5 weeks from harvest and your leaves are beginning to turn purple. This is by and large brought on by a sudden phosphorus deficiency. On the off chance that the temperature dropped to 50 degrees (F.) your plant will increase the up take-up of phosphorus and that will make plants turn purple."
Got another issue now.... caterpillars.... :oops:

Got another issue now.... caterpillars.... :oops:
I grow indoors so didn't have that issue...check under leaves for eggs, I'm not sure if it works for catapiller but I found a natural spray recipe online for insect pests. It was made using tomato leaves, dish soap and vegetable oil...might work and harmless to the plant.

I grow indoors so didn't have that issue...check under leaves for eggs, I'm not sure if it works for catapiller but I found a natural spray recipe online for insect pests. It was made using tomato leaves, dish soap and vegetable oil...might work and harmless to the plant.
Will do thanks.
Have checked all the buds and removed what I could see. They’ve had a right feast... gone thru some of the buds. Hope they enjoyed it.:yummy:

Hey @Rach
How did your plants go?
Hope you managed to keep all the garden bud thieves at bay.
Hiya.
How you doing?
Yeah all went really well thank you.
I was well proud of my first grow. Will send some pics in a bit. It’s all gone thou:lot-o-toke:
Remember I germinated another 3 seeds mid June? Well one didn’t germinate, (both white widow) another was a boy and the third a Northern Lights (bonus seed) is a monster but isn’t anywhere near ready. No crystals yet... Had to bring indoors now weathers changed so not sure how it’ll go.

Hiya.
How you doing?
Yeah all went really well thank you.
I was well proud of my first grow. Will send some pics in a bit. It’s all gone thou:lot-o-toke:
Remember I germinated another 3 seeds mid June? Well one didn’t germinate, (both white widow) another was a boy and the third a Northern Lights (bonus seed) is a monster but isn’t anywhere near ready. No crystals yet... Had to bring indoors now weathers changed so not sure how it’ll go.
Awesome I'm pleased to hear it, they were looking lush last I saw.

I've heard Northern lights is usually a heavy producer so you might be in for a treat.

Back
Top Bottom