New Website Bug Reports & Problems

ChicagoJoe

420 Member
While I'm logged in, I get asked to re-log when navigating to pages on 420 site

It's getting pretty annoying.

Strike this, problem seems to be corrected

New Website Bug Reports and Techinal Difficulties

The link: New Post (in the 420 Forums pulldown navigation menu)
should read New Posts or Unread Posts

also

[strike this]The top level navigation pulldowns display behind the ads. Ie if the menu is long and extends down into the advertising section. Some of the menu items are not available because they are being displayed behind the ad.[/strike]

after not being able to log on for about 30 minutes.
this problem seems to be corrected.

I now see the menus overlayed on top of the ads.

re: 4/20 Site Update, Bug Reports, and Comments

User CP is under the COMMUNITY menu heading on the left. It's now called Account Settings and is the first choice in that menu.

I've also noticed that this site redesign seems to be permanently set for 800(?) pixels across (on my 1280x800 laptop screen that leaves enough empty space for me to park a video window and watch "TV" - but I'd much rather fill the entire screen with 420Magazine goodness!). That's easy to fix in just about every type of forum software either by an "auto-set" deal or by simply copying the current skin's attributes onto another one, setting its horizontal resolution accordingly, naming it 420WIDE, and enabling user-selectable skins. So I assume that the fix in one form or another is coming down the pipe soon.

Just noticed that under the Post Quick Reply and Go Advanced buttons are Previous Thread and Next Thread links - but they are in small white type on a light blue-gray background and I'd still not have noticed except that I saw one "light up in green" when I moved my cursor across it. (This might be due to some of the odd browser settings that I run - anyone else have trouble seeing these two links?)

Just noticed that under the Post Quick Reply and Go Advanced buttons are Previous Thread and Next Thread links - but they are in small white type on a light blue-gray background and I'd still not have noticed except that I saw one "light up in green" when I moved my cursor across it. (This might be due to some of the odd browser settings that I run - anyone else have trouble seeing these two links?)

This has been fixed, thank you

Hello

I love to the new site first of all, thank you. I am having a problem with the pictures in my grow journal since the update, they show up in thumbnail size when clicked on now. This just started after the site change. Any idea why that may be?

here is the journal for you to see

BeachBumCH Grow Journal - AK47, Dr Grinspoon, and Ice Cool

Thanks again!

I commented on your thread.

I quoted your 1st post on the thread.
Then went thru and removed all references to thumbs/

The automatic menus open up fine over most of the ads.

But flash based ads cause a problem with the menus showing up behind the flash based ads.

There needs to be a z-index set on these items (with the menu system having a higher z-index than the ads) so the menu will show up on top of the ads.

Good luck, let me know if I can help with this one Rob.

- Joe

I really like the new site layout...except I have two issues:

1) This has already been mentioned but please make the "Log Out" button accessible from at least any forum page if not the entire website. Might have been a slight oversight but it's a big one that I found highly annoying last night. I never did find it and I'm pretty sure I was still logged in when I came back today over 12 hours later.

2) The drop down menus are great for most sites but again, as has been mentioned is that some of the menus get hidden behind Flash-based ads (I use Flashblocker plugin for Firefox, makes pages load faster and I have the option to display only what I want to see).

In addition to the overlay issue I have found an even more annoying issue that will drive me nuts before too long (actually it already does). And that issue is that you have two rows of drop-down menus with one directly over the other. I would assume that most people like to simply move their cursor to which one they want to access from anywhere on the screen but the way it works now is that you MUST come from underneath to access the "420 HQ, Comm., Detox, etc" drop-downs otherwise you get the top row dropping down over the option you are trying to access on the bottom. Again, this is amazingly aggravating/annoying...I'm not an expert at coding in XHTML/XML/CSS but I wonder if there's a "delay" attribute that can be added to the top drop-down menus to allow the user's mouse time to go THROUGH the top row and to get to the bottom row of menus before opening up the drop downs. Does that make sense? Either that or rethink the idea entirely, it's not the most user-friendly setup that I've come across over the years and is definitely frustrating. Maybe add a page-wide banner in between the menus as a buffer zone?

I really like the new site layout...except I have two issues:

1) This has already been mentioned but please make the "Log Out" button accessible from at least any forum page if not the entire website. Might have been a slight oversight but it's a big one that I found highly annoying last night. I never did find it and I'm pretty sure I was still logged in when I came back today over 12 hours later.

2) The drop down menus are great for most sites but again, as has been mentioned is that some of the menus get hidden behind Flash-based ads (I use Flashblocker plugin for Firefox, makes pages load faster and I have the option to display only what I want to see).

In addition to the overlay issue I have found an even more annoying issue that will drive me nuts before too long (actually it already does). And that issue is that you have two rows of drop-down menus with one directly over the other. I would assume that most people like to simply move their cursor to which one they want to access from anywhere on the screen but the way it works now is that you MUST come from underneath to access the "420 HQ, Comm., Detox, etc" drop-downs otherwise you get the top row dropping down over the option you are trying to access on the bottom. Again, this is amazingly aggravating/annoying...I'm not an expert at coding in XHTML/XML/CSS but I wonder if there's a "delay" attribute that can be added to the top drop-down menus to allow the user's mouse time to go THROUGH the top row and to get to the bottom row of menus before opening up the drop downs. Does that make sense? Either that or rethink the idea entirely, it's not the most user-friendly setup that I've come across over the years and is definitely frustrating. Maybe add a page-wide banner in between the menus as a buffer zone?

Logout is now at the bottom of all forum pages

and I am working on the dropdowns going over flash banners

Making the menus clickable instead of auto-zealous would help a great deal. Press to activate?

Certain images are not auto-shrinking enough to stay within your defined site width, but instead cause the message that they are in to stretch to the right side of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom