New Website Features & Content

we are in the process of developing the collective forums for paid collective sponsors and developing our database of free listings... this matter is being sorted out as we speak and should go live on the site within a couple of weeks... thanks for the great idea, please keep them coming! :)

How about a sub-forum for the rest of the states that have med pot in the Medical Marijuana Co-ops & Collectives category, right now it's only Cali. I think they could start with Colorado!:Rasta:

That would be "SoCal only".

Dear 420 mag, can you please make the search functionality more robust ?
I dont want to search for blue or rhino, nor do I want blue and rhino. I want the exact phrase "blue rhino" (without the quotes).

I am a web developer by school and trade and I run my own forum for my family using the free SMF software that I have modified to fit our needs.

If you would like my help making the search functionality more robust, I will do it for free.

You do know that Cannabis is the name of the plant, and Marijuana is a Mexican slang term used to refer to Cannabis right? Changing the name of something because of the way it is used will just cause more confusion.

I'm so glad I read your post before responding. You saved me from committing a verbal felony. :thanks:

-Might be nice to see a spelling app integrated into the posting "tool".

-Perhaps putting a few more details in the usercp area. Perhaps some of the metrics, picture views, threads posted to, maybe even the module setup like google provides. I'd like to have a personal homepage that might include news, some pictures, user metrics, basically info that you present on the current home page, but perhaps allow me to customize this

-allow for a keep logged-in user preference

-allow a thread owner to choose to remove pictures from reply's, or somehow mange these better (perhaps include link to orig pics), I'm sure the database grows exponentially because of quotes with pics

-allow a thread owner to somehow mange their thread or journal a little better, many times people post items not directly related to the thread, and actually could be a new thread. In PitVipers case, he's been asking for some type of chapter system

-better management of overlapping threads/questions. Don't know how you would do this one without manual review, but threads with similar questions could somehow be combined for easier reading and cut down on many of the same questions being asked over and over

-i know someone mentioned a chat feature, but perhaps taking this one step further and utilize something like google wave, where scheduled events can take place. It may be growing 101 classes with visuals, and/or video and tons of people can participate in real-time.

-a 420 weekly, or monthly video news "program" would be cool, would think there are tons of topics and news stories you can focus on

-make the current polls available for users to take somehow "stand-out", I never know when a new poll is posted, or how to find them, let alone remember to vote towards the end of the month for MOM, plant, nugget, etc

-would be nice if you guys to do more in-depth feature profiles of the "sponsors" / seed banks. Even though they are listed here, sometimes I still have hesitation ordering from them. (I'll volunteer to hit Holland for you guys!, your dime of course, :) )

Well these were off the top of my head after reading this post. I'll ruminate a little more and see if I have any other thoughts.

And thanks for such a great website currently. Can't wait to see what you guys deliver next!

S.F.

A "Favorite Thread/Favorite Post" function would be nice. Quite frequently, I find a news article on here that I would like to use in a debate, but I forget where it was. Having it as a favorite thread would make finding it and supporting my positions in a debate much easier.

not right now roseman, not every idea here will be implemented overnight, your suggesstion is however being discussed, thank you...;)
Is there any possiblity of extending the EDIT times?

we will be adding major sub forums in there to separate northern/southern/state/city/etc...

just trying to figure out how to display the data, we're getting closer...;)

thanks for the great feedback everyone, please keep it coming!

Is there any way the rep system could tell you how many reps you have left to spread before giving reps to the same person again? Just as an add on to the current "spread the love" message.

I was just wondering if there was any way to structure grow journals where actual journal entries could be separated from the conversation about those entries.

It would speed journal reading tremendously, and help the journal creator reference back to things important about the grow.

Just a tag or something for the journal writer to use, and a filter for that tag...

This may not be possible to do, but it sure would be nice if members could search a sort of combined sponsor's products database to see if our sponsors carried what they were looking for before going elsewhere.

one search engine for all of our sponsor's products.

I'd use it before ordering elsewhere.

That's a great idea!

Maybe we could provide our sponsors with a code for their index pages, and we could just enter that code in google along with the search term.

Just something that would get indexed but not a common word or phrase.

420magsponsor or something.

Back
Top Bottom