New Zealand: what is best grow tent, box or cabinet to be had in NZ?

I have never done an indoor grow, but the attraction of being able to grow all year round is really appealing. While I like growing outdoors, organic soil, natural sunshine etc, but it really restrictive to feel stuck waiting for time to pass to grow again. With an indoor setup I would prefer a stealth effort. I have seen some really good looking grow boxes in the States/Canada for sale, but here in NZ I am not aware of any available. Ideally, I imagine a grow cabinet for the stealth factor would be great. Has anyone here in NZ had that same consideration, and if so, what solution did you come up with? I really like the stealthy grow cabinet, even enough to do 2 plants would be pretty good, as no need to be stopping when a crop is done, can just set another off straight away. If no grow box/cabinet ideas, can anyone suggest what would be the best grow tent available in NZ? I want discretion, carbon filters, what's the most ideal setup that is available in NZ? All suggestions much appreciated!

I have never done an indoor grow, but the attraction of being able to grow all year round is really appealing. While I like growing outdoors, organic soil, natural sunshine etc, but it really restrictive to feel stuck waiting for time to pass to grow again. With an indoor setup I would prefer a stealth effort. I have seen some really good looking grow boxes in the States/Canada for sale, but here in NZ I am not aware of any available. Ideally, I imagine a grow cabinet for the stealth factor would be great. Has anyone here in NZ had that same consideration, and if so, what solution did you come up with? I really like the stealthy grow cabinet, even enough to do 2 plants would be pretty good, as no need to be stopping when a crop is done, can just set another off straight away. If no grow box/cabinet ideas, can anyone suggest what would be the best grow tent available in NZ? I want discretion, carbon filters, what's the most ideal setup that is available in NZ? All suggestions much appreciated!

It wouldn't take much effort to build one to the size you desire. I'd use maranti plywood and some selected 1X2 strapping to make the cabinet case, and perhaps even the doors.

For grow tents, our sponsor Gorilla Grow Tents is top quality. I noticed a few shops in NZ carry them.

It wouldn't take much effort to build one to the size you desire. I'd use maranti plywood and some selected 1X2 strapping to make the cabinet case, and perhaps even the doors.

For grow tents, our sponsor Gorilla Grow Tents is top quality. I noticed a few shops in NZ carry them.
I am a little wary about trying to build one myself, as it would be something I wouldn't want to mess it up electricity or functioning wise unless I ideally had a clear plan to follow. I will check out the Gorilla Grow tents you mention, thanks. Tents dimensions can be quite roomy, whereas a stealthy grow box is more likely smaller and looks like a tool cabinet or fridge etc. Roomy is good, but I have a preference for stealthy.

Mother nature herself... I heard you have a bit of that down thar,,,
Mounty
I am growing in mother nature already, but I get envious as hell at those who grow indoors and can grow all year round. Even outdoors I have to be stealthy and in my case I can't let the plants get too much height, hence my current grow I adopted a Fluxing style. But ideally I would most prefer outdoors and to simply grow a few monster plants so in the 'off season' I have plenty of yield to last me as well as experiment with edibles, tinctures, salves, and even the cob curing that looks very interesting. Cheers.

Great DIY example.

Skies the limit but that will give you a general idea. No electrical knowledge required that would be different from what you would need with a tent.

Mars Hydro offers tents that will be dramatically cheaper than Gorrilla. Amazon also carries a large variety to choose from as well in terms of size, cost, and brand.

Second hand store, st vinnes or salvos (I imagine you have them in nz).. paint flat white inside.. cut hole top for extraction, bottom intake.. easy..
Something like

IMG_0821.JPG

Being an indoor all year grower i still am enviouse of all the outdoor growers lol, here in the UK you gotta be ultra stealth. i find space is always at a premium especially indoors. i used two mens wardrobes and built them into a 5feet x 4feet box that done me till i eventually built two stud walls in a spare room that gave me an 11feet high x 5feet x6feet room within a room. dont have to get hard skin on me knees and front of me feet anymore coz i can stand up. Such a great climate outside in NS i would imagine. Indoors we control the climate and seasons. have fun. regards

Being an indoor all year grower i still am enviouse of all the outdoor growers lol, here in the UK you gotta be ultra stealth. i find space is always at a premium especially indoors. i used two mens wardrobes and built them into a 5feet x 4feet box that done me till i eventually built two stud walls in a spare room that gave me an 11feet high x 5feet x6feet room within a room. dont have to get hard skin on me knees and front of me feet anymore coz i can stand up. Such a great climate outside in NS i would imagine. Indoors we control the climate and seasons. have fun. regards
I can see where you coming from. I lived a few years in the UK and growing outdoors wouldn't be feasible for most. Right now, my grow is almost finished, earlier I chopped off the 3 colas that I pollinated and I will harvest the rest within a week, but now it seems a bloody long wait for this stage of my next grow (12 months hence), so when I see some of the pics that people are producing indoors it is really amazing, especially being able to operate a continuous grow. If I didn't have family then this would be a piece of cake, currently they think my grow is chili plants and ask why they never make any chilis. So even considering an indoor grow I feel I'd have to utilize a cabinet/box approach that probably stays in the garage trying to look inconspicuous.

@ Stunger; Hi Mate. So sorry bout that. Did not read your thread/post before writting my nonesense. (Open mouth insert foot syndrom).
A wee bit more serious now: The idea with the clothes closet/cabinet is exactly what I#ve done, am doing. (A work in progress, aswell as being quite green behind my ears in thematic grass growing). If you like, check out my thread 'Hello from Germany'. It is being updated as I move along/learn.. there may (will) be noob mistakes I´ve made that you'll chuckle over...
Greetz
Mounty

oh oh oh... Check out MIGRO on youtube. He took an IKEA Cupboard and built a grow space there with. Instructions/hardware all listed, i seem to remember.. It#s a nice thought bump... was for me anyway...

I can see where you coming from. I lived a few years in the UK and growing outdoors wouldn't be feasible for most. Right now, my grow is almost finished, earlier I chopped off the 3 colas that I pollinated and I will harvest the rest within a week, but now it seems a bloody long wait for this stage of my next grow (12 months hence), so when I see some of the pics that people are producing indoors it is really amazing, especially being able to operate a continuous grow. If I didn't have family then this would be a piece of cake, currently they think my grow is chili plants and ask why they never make any chilis. So even considering an indoor grow I feel I'd have to utilize a cabinet/box approach that probably stays in the garage trying to look inconspicuous.
Ah that puts your sitiuation in a different light my friend. Have you got neighbours as well to contend with? I hate living here having to be so secretive it`s damn right opressing, when i visited amsterdam as one does it was so liberating for 3 days then back to the ducking and a diving routine. regards

@ Stunger; Hi Mate. So sorry bout that. Did not read your thread/post before writting my nonesense. (Open mouth insert foot syndrom).
A wee bit more serious now: The idea with the clothes closet/cabinet is exactly what I#ve done, am doing. (A work in progress, aswell as being quite green behind my ears in thematic grass growing). If you like, check out my thread 'Hello from Germany'. It is being updated as I move along/learn.. there may (will) be noob mistakes I´ve made that you'll chuckle over...
Greetz
Mounty

oh oh oh... Check out MIGRO on youtube. He took an IKEA Cupboard and built a grow space there with. Instructions/hardware all listed, i seem to remember.. It#s a nice thought bump... was for me anyway...
Hey Mounty, no worries, since you are using your thread, you should slap the link in your signature.
I looked on Youtube for MIGRO, really interesting, he's got heaps of good stuff, seems encouraging for LED lights too. I have no experience indoor growing, but I have wondered on whether LED's can cut it compared to HPS or whatever.

Ah that puts your sitiuation in a different light my friend. Have you got neighbours as well to contend with? I hate living here having to be so secretive it`s damn right opressing, when i visited amsterdam as one does it was so liberating for 3 days then back to the ducking and a diving routine. regards
My neighbors are closer than I feel comfortable with growing outside in the earth, at least on the balcony I hope perhaps any wafting of pungency in the air may go upwards and escape their noses, but it means I am restricted by height to little over 1 meter to remain discrete from views. Altho I only have to disturb the buds by accidental handling and a fairly pungent cannabis air bomb is released which seems to go in all directions.

Thankfully you have Amsterdam in reaching distance, I too made the trip to check it out more than once when I was living in the UK, very nice to be sitting at table and chair looking out at life going on by while appreciating some wonderful bud you've just bought off a menu, darn that's civilized! I hope Brexit doesn't screw that up. I never realized when I was in the UK that seeds were legal and possible to buy, I sent some back from Amsterdam to UK and 19 out of the 20 got crushed, I sprouted the remaining one in New Zealand and in transplanting from wet paper towel to soil I broke the growth tip off, gutted. Anyway at the moment I stuck with being restricted to stealthy options. As you say, amsterdam is liberating in comparison, how wonderful would it be to freely be able to buy good seed and do personal grows without having to be all furtive about it. Cheers

Hey Mounty, no worries, since you are using your thread, you should slap the link in your signature.
I looked on Youtube for MIGRO, really interesting, he's got heaps of good stuff, seems encouraging for LED lights too. I have no experience indoor growing, but I have wondered on whether LED's can cut it compared to HPS or whatever.
Wow Mounty you are doing a lot in your thread - good stuff!

that wonderfull aroma would go a good three blocks i reckon lol. the male pollen miles and miles. its not right in modern society these days that Cannabis is looked upon in bad light. regards
We can brew beer & wine, distill spirits, it the little things like this that give a light enhancement to moments in life, and most people just quietly get on with it while being respectful of others. I agree, it isn't right that cannabis has been so vilified, I do hope that soon that view will be reappraised, especially now as the medical benefits are beginning to become apparent.

The guy at my local garden centre where i frequent asked me what i was growing. I said tomatoes flowers and my speciallity is Bog plants lol. was visiting Edingborough and came upon this lovely street corner. I reckon the stone mason was also a keen gardener.

regards

Back
Top Bottom