New420Guy Seeds Unofficial Grow: My Blue Dream Babies!

SlyTown420

New420Guy Seed's Unofficial Grow: My Blue Dream Babies!

This is my second grow and I learned a lot in the first one. Things like hang drying and curing were tough to navigate but I believe I am on the right path. For this grow I am switching to Dyna-gro's new Grow product line and using it combined with some Cal-Mag. I also am thinking stringly about upgrading my lights for the 2x4. Any suggestions for that space?

Well enough with the introduction, lets get into the details.

Medium: Canna Coco Coir
Lighting: MarsHydro 300
Nutrients: Dyna-gro Grow
Genetics: New420Guy Seeds
Description: Blue Dream Feminized (Blueberry x Haze), a sativa-dominant hybrid which originated in California, has become extremely popular among West Coast strains especially as a medicinal strain. Blue Dream balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration. Newbies and veteran consumers alike enjoy the effects of Blue Dream, a high that gently brings you into a calm euphoria without causing that paranoid feeling. Some Blue Dream phenotypes express a more indica-like look and feel, but the sativa-leaning variety remains most prevalent. With a sweet/sour berry aroma stemming from the Blueberry parent, Blue Dream delivers swift symptom relief without heavy sedative effects. This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients treating pain, depression, nausea, and other ailments requiring a high THC strain. Flowering Period is 7 to 9 weeks.
Feed Schedule: Watering to Runoff 1x daily in the AM
Training: I am up to trying quadlining on these-I have all the stuff to do it. I'll need help.
Phase of Growth: Vegetative

One of these ladies is growing faster than rhe other but I am not worried in the least. They are both young and healthy!

20200219_215111[1].jpg

20200219_215118[1].jpg

20200219_215124[1].jpg

Thanks for tagging along for the ride!

Like Otter said Mars and Nextlight are good. Mars is good if money is tight but I Love @Budget LED I have two of their lights and I Love them. When you go to buy contact Justin and compare the lights you are considering,

I’m in. I’ve grown blue dream. Where did yours come from?
Hay Magoo I have Blue dream seeds I plan to run in the future. Mine came from 420. Have you heard how they do ?

I've grown them a couple of years ago @PCaddict. They grew great! I was able to top them and they grew about 24 to 30 inches from the soil. The high is therapeutic for us and we use it mainly in the evening. I think it's very tasty too. Good yielders. I covet it actually for its medical value and still have some left. I have one seed left and have to grow it out one day when my stash is lower.

I've grown them a couple of years ago @PCaddict. They grew great! I was able to top them and they grew about 24 to 30 inches from the soil. The high is therapeutic for us and we use it mainly in the evening. I think it's very tasty too. Good yielders. I covet it actually for its medical value and still have some left. I have one seed left and have to grow it out one day when my stash is lower.
Thanks Otter. I am thinking after the Nevilles Haze run next winter I may run two of those and two Candidas. That would give me some good meds. :high-five:

What’s up Sly!

I’ll tag along on your grow. I’ve got a couple of Blue Dream s1’s myself that I want to run in the future.

when You say you’re using dyna-gro grow line, do you mean you’re using the pro-tekt and the bloom as well?

regarding lighting; budget LED does make amazing lights like PC said. I know that @Old Salt used a Mars Hydro SP 250 in a 2x4 tent, I wonder how he liked it?

Hey oh yeah Sly,

I meant to mention before.. you ever consider not quad lining? I’ve had really good success waiting for my plants to get to 16-20 inches before I top. It allows the plant to grow a nice large root system before the taproot stops growing (which is what happens when you top young plants). After you top, select 8-9 of the strongest branches and remove everything else. It’s a really good plant-shaping technique. You get a perfectly flat canopy with 8 or 9 big main tops.

Hey oh yeah Sly,

I meant to mention before.. you ever consider not quad lining? I’ve had really good success waiting for my plants to get to 16-20 inches before I top. It allows the plant to grow a nice large root system before the taproot stops growing (which is what happens when you top young plants). After you top, select 8-9 of the strongest branches and remove everything else. It’s a really good plant-shaping technique. You get a perfectly flat canopy with 8 or 9 big main tops.
I want to try Quadlinning but I did it kind of the way you are talking about and it has worked really well. I didn't remove everything else right away. I probably didn't remove enough but I really like doing it this way. I will see what quadlinng does sometime in the future.

I want to try Quadlinning but I did it kind of the way you are talking about and it has worked really well. I didn't remove everything else right away. I probably didn't remove enough but I really like doing it this way. I will see what quadlinng does sometime in the future.
You have to be ruthless. When you clean things up, you need to remove every growth from every node, all the way down. The reason you select 8 or 9 branches is so that the buds aren’t distributed all over resulting in a larger volume of smaller larfy buds. When you select 8 or 9 tops, you get branches that have only significant and very sticky buds. Your average quality goes up, and your yield will be as high as it can be for one plant.

plants don’t set where their buds are going to be until you see pistils starting in flower.. so if you narrow down their options in veg, you get plants that make a few massive buds.
You should check out a video on YouTube by a guy named Chef a Derek Butt. The video is called Topping for optimum yield and quality.
He goes over some of the finer points.

Back
Top Bottom