New420Guy's Original Grape 48 & Pauls Purple Fire Grow 2016

PaulPro9

This will document my first indoor grow of my two first top shelf strains, which have both been popular in northern California for 4 years. This is my second attempt at doing a grow journal, obviously my first journal, but hopefully you will see why these two strains are being grown by many of my friends.

Original Grape 48

Original Grape 48 originally called Purple AK48 is a Sativa dominant hybrid (60/40) that gives you a wonderful cerebral high, uplifting and energetic at first, leading to a more intense body high. It's the kind of bud that tastes so good, you just don't want to stop, but if you smoke too much ... couch lock, munchies and crash.
It's called Original Grape 48 because there is a New Grape 48 which has been crossed with Purple Kush. Original Grape 48 was my very first strain created in the summer of 2010 with a male AK48 from Nirvana Seeds and a female Purple Bud from Seedsman. I knew it would be a good strain because the Purple Bud has such a strong grape smell. It was loaded with seeds and was still excellent.

Pauls Purple Fire
My second strain, Pauls Purple Fire was created using the same male AK48 from Nirvana and a beautiful female Purple Fire that came from an awesome bag picked up from a local dispensary in Sacramento.

Both of these two strains were documented at the same time, although most of the Grape 48 plants were grown at a different location and no photos were taken of that site. Basically, most of the plants grown in this journal are Pauls Purple Fire with a few Grape 48. All were grown in Formual 707 (coco fiber) under 1000 watt lights. This was my 3rd indoor grow, so I was still pretty new at it, using small 6' lights and not enough of them! We started out using Fox Farm nutes to be organic but I have switched to a different product now which I'll discuss in future posts ... hopefully.

I started my new seeds of boths strains in December of 2011 under T-5 lights and a 400 watt metal halide. After 3 weeks I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots and moved them under the 1000 watt lights to sex out the males. By week 7, all males were elminated except for one lucky male of each strain to make the next batch. I
finished vegging the females under the 1000 watt hps lights for 2 more weeks under 18 hours of light. We harvested Pauls Purple Fire in the first week of April and Grape 48 (orig. Purp AK48) a week later at the other site.

re: New420Guy's Original Grape 48 & Pauls Purple Fire Grow 2012

DSC0029111.JPG
2012-crop-babies.JPG
Crop_3_-_6_wksold.JPG
Crop_3_-_2012_-_6_wks_old.JPG
Crop_3_2012_-_7wks.JPG
Crop_3_-_2012_-_9_wks.JPG
PPF_and_P-AK48.JPG
PaulsPurpleFire.jpg
week_11_.JPG
wk_11.JPG

pauls-purp1.jpg
PaulsPurpleFire_and_PurpleAK-48.JPG
Pauls_PurpleFire.JPG
PaulsPurpleFire_21.JPG
Purple_AK-48.JPG
paulsPurple.jpg
monsterGrape_48.jpg
pak48-3.JPG
Purple_AK-483.JPG
Purple_AK-482.JPG
Purple_AK-481.JPG
PurpleAK481NEW.JPG
P_AK-48-1.JPG

P_AK-48-2.JPG

re: New420Guy's Original Grape 48 & Pauls Purple Fire Grow 2016

I just wanted to share with everyone some of my past outdoor crops. I've added a very short video of my 2013 outdoor crop and 2014 greenhouse crop to my signature and they're also in my blog.

Great Job PaulPro9, A nice use of indoor and out. The buds look fantastic!

Thanks ShiggityFlip! They were actually all grown indoors and just came outside on harvest day to get photographed before being scalped.

Back
Top Bottom