Newb grow success: time to harvest?

EkoGrower

420 Member
Here are some pics of my first grow, successful I think.

I will say that it was trial and error in the sense that from reading many posts on this website I have combined techniques and advice, made some mistakes but still now near the end I am very satisfied.

I do want opinions on "is it time to harvest"?

These plants are of an unknown strain obtained from a friend who lives in a rural area and basically just throws a bunch of seeds out behind the barn and lets mother nature follow her course. She generally ends up with a lot of fertilized plants (with seed) which she harvests and smokes. And it's not bad weed either.

So she gave me 8 seeds. I planted all 8 in 3 oversize pots (10 gallon), 3 in two and two in the third outside on my deck. This was my first mistake because 1) the pots are too large and I didn't consider what I would do once they became larger (peeking over the deck rail) and 2) I put more than one plant in the same pot.. (not thinking about what I would do if all became mature).

They reached 3 ft in 4 weeks. I planted in coco coir and have been using Cali-Magic for nutes.

One plant showed absolute male and was pulled at 4 weeks, 5 more showed as hermies at 6 weeks and so were pulled.

This left me two that were now too big to keep outside. At this point these last two had not showed sex yet. 6 weeks in.

From reading the advice/comments on this site I lolly-popped the larger plant as well as bending and training with plant ties. These are the three seen in the tent (attached pic).

The second plant I actually let get too tall and when I tried to bend it at the middle it broke. Disaster averted because I was able to treat it as a cutting and so I replanted it into a separate pot (that is the 3rd plant you see in the pic). I also took a cutting from the cutting to create a third plant (which is now in my veg tent).

But I needed to move them out of sight.

So I ordered a 2'X4'X5' tent, two 600 watt LED's, 4 " CO 2 filter as well as all the other necessary items (temp gauge. humidity gauge, fan, etc.) online and converted a store room in my basement to a grow room.

The bud pics were taken this morning and I have been monitoring the trichomes which are mostly milky at the top of the plant with the lower popcorn bud trichomes still showing clear.

I did harvest one bud to dry so that I can test in weeks time. The larger plant has 13 distinct COLA's with many popcorn buds. The next largest (on the left in the pic) is the broken second plant is about 2 weeks behind the larger plant. The smallest plant is the top of the broken plant which I just placed into flower this week.

I have 4 other plants in a second tent (same size, lights, etc.) in veg mode. my goal is to create a perpetual grow cycle. These plants are one G17 Purple Haze, one Bruce Banner, one Maui Wowie and the cutting from my original larger plant (which I now know is female).

The Buds on my larger plant are nice and large. COLA's are 4-6 inches in size.

My only question now is how close to harvest am I and should I now flush to remove the nutes? In other words am I in my last 2
Bud 1.jpg
Bud 2.jpg
Bud 3.jpg
Grow tent.jpg
weeks for my larger plant?

Opinions please.

Back
Top Bottom