Newb grower needs help

basementdwell

What Strain is it? -Barneys farm Acapulco Gold
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? sativa dom
How Many Plants? 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? 1st 1 month, 2nd 21/2 wks (24/0)

If in Flowering Stage... How Long? NA
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro?hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size?1 gal
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?76-78
If Hydro, what type of Medium?aero garden sponge> hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup? aero garden>to Dwc
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? aerogarden elite 3 CFls > to 100 wt MH and veg/bud MH 250wt HPS
Is it Air Cooled? enclosed flood (? remote ballist )
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 76 ac cooled
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50-60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 1st 6/8 after flush and distilled 6.0
Any Pests? NA
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? aero garden > ordering General Hydroponics micro/ grow/ and bloom also getting American Agritech - Cal-Mag Plus
Size or Square Footage of Room? open > to 4x6x10

ok well this is my first post here. so where to start i am using a aero garden, growing barneys farms Acapulco Gold from seeds. my first plant is doing great about 7" high with it 3rd set of 5 coming out about a month old, i have not toped it yet. I wanted to let the 4th node come out and get a little growth out of it, so i can try and clone it. So it 3 wks old just did first reservoir change cause i use the tablets fert that came with the aerogarden and i started to see a little nute burn and i also used my tap water and it had ph of 6.8 and it real hard, but i read thats not good for the plants. So i did reservoir change and I used distill h20 and a liquid fert from ag but only 1/2 strength of it.

Any how so i was reading yesterday, when using distilled h20 u have to use cal mag supplements. Well i am getting some yellowing of the older fan leave and kinda of a motted look to the next set up fan leave, is this due to a cal/mag deficency ?? the newest growth doesnt have and look to it yet since doing the reservoir change. I wanted to have two moms, so i grew a second seedling and this one i put tad rooting harmone on the tap root and then into the ag seed pod sponge. Its on it 1st set of 5 fan leaves and 3wks old and i noticed a little brusing at the sponge root/ stem line. I am assuming the sponge was riding up to high and starting to rot the stem out, so i removed about a 3/8" of the top of the sponge. Hoping the rot will stop and grow over but its growth compared the the first one is appearing slower. Is there anything i can do to help my little girl out ?? Could i cut the stem and try and root it again ?? i plan to move them into a net pot and hydroton and go dwc with air pump & stone, and h2o pump, misters and sprayers. Just got to finish my grow room up. i have plans to do a flood table and reservoir, but in there i will go to a 100 watt MH flood. I am ordering General Hydroponics micro/ grow/ and bloom also getting American Agritech - Cal-Mag Plus. should i get any thing else as far as any root additives for the reservoir or bud enhancers i only got 2 seeds left and want to have a decent harvest this fall =) my fiancee and i are expecting out first in Nov and i want to have some superdooper to celebrate with. this is my second grow inside, first with hydro/bubbles =) Ps, I have a 250watt hps that i will start combining with the MH to Veg/ flower under. barneys says 70 - 75 Days to flower so when do i start 12/12 ? i am running my aero lights 24/0 / H20 temp is 78/ Ph is now 6.0 . I do want to veg the first one out and take some clones for my next harvest but i do plan to budd my mom this cycle too.

Re: Newb grower needs help =)

Usually yellowing of the lower leaves, in the veg stage, means you have a nitrogen deficiency. On the clone question, if the stem is starting to brown and rot, then you have to cut the rotten part off and try again.

update the older one has a tiny bit of root slime where the nft is running on it all day and the root system is huge for the ag space so my 5 gal bucket is read and my pet smart h20 pump the king 225 is doing great with my 1/2" line and sprayers but the pump ran last night and the temp went from 71 to 78ish in 5 hrs on all the time. What i was wondering is when i move the plant over to the bucket with hydroton i am doing dwc with a nft dripper my ag was running the pump 24/7 i was planning to cycle the pump in the dwc-r like 15 min on 15 off do you think that will hurt from the 24 on ? now the yellow has change to a rusty burnt on most of the older fan leave my test kit will be in tomorrow have done another resv flush and added i liquid ag nute packet i cant wait for my GH nute to get here :( do this sat i can go to the hydro store and get some cal mag and rootzome. temp are a 78 and dont go and lower or higher ph is 6.0 on the dot and i am using ro & nursery h2o(85% Ro/15% nursrey) to supplement the cal/ mag missing in the r/o h20. DO you think i am not having enough cal/ mag to use the available nitrogen in the nutes ? or is ph to high as i have read the say between 5.5 and 6.5 ?

Re: Newb grower needs help =) HELP PLEASE

sick31.jpg

sick_1.jpg

sick22.jpg

ok heres my sick plant. what is this =( i just did resv change. cant tell if its a nute burn or a deficency ??:thedoubletake::reading420magazine:

Good luck on your plants.

ok pic on the way. i just got my gh micro yesterday and i mover the plant to it 5gal bucket using. i ve been using ro water and some purified water with cal and mag added. and shes under the mh now. i am using gh nutes now and 1 tsp of micro/gro/bloom and runing the mh 24/7. temp is 76 and 6.0 on the ph. i am going to hydro store sat possibly geting a ec meter or at least teh ecc test kit. right now till my roots find there way out of my home made net pot i got the water pretty high so the bottom of the pot is in the water, i also got the water pump coming on first 15 min of the hr. and cycling all day like that, just hope the roots dont hate me as the ag has the h20 on all the time but now the roots are in hydroton so i am sure it will work =)

You forgot the pictures. I'll be back to have a look at them.

set it to 5.8 and get a meter ...if nothing else a hannah basic Ph only..20-30 bucks..buy that for now...dont worry bout an ec meter yet..just follow the bottles directions this grow...if your hooked ( and you will be) then get a decent combo meter as your main one and keep the Ph as backup or for other parts of the garden...you can always use it.

sick6.JPG
sick5.JPG
sick4.JPG

ok here she is after changing to rdwc and gh nutes. 6.0 ph /h20 temp is 72/ room temp is set 74/ light temp at first leaf is about 80 with the mh bulb about 16" away. cant ell if she getting better guess i gotta wait a wk or so. almost ready to take some clippings :phew: i did top it about a wk or so ago, just waiting for it to take root :wood:

h201.jpg

My new to me water chiller just need to make some modifications and i ll have 40f chiller coild just have to find some of that stiff pvc tubing and wrap it into a coil and install it to the water cooler coil and if i need i can rig up the heat section too. Best part is i saw it @ the end of a neighbors drive way :thanks::yahoo: now i can get my temp down to where they should. my roots are gonna take off and now just need to get my exhaust going and my new room is gonna be killer =) and to think i almost bought a chiller today now i gotta rig up a thermostat to a pump. Do you think i shoud just fill the old resv from the cooler with water ?? or put thermo compound between the coil and the pvc tubing ?? my only concern is stagnant water in my grow =( thats asking for truble. I tried to seperate the coil from the resvoir but i think they epoxy it togather. i figured i would coil my tubing on the inside and the ouside. but if i could coil it in the resvoir and have some kinda temp transfer ,liquid, gel, ??? IDK. It would help any ideas ?? :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom