Newb here - is this a hermie?

Hi kids - I'm new here and my first indoor grow. Doing all organic in soil and have a few questions.

First off these seeds I used from most likely a hermie - 20 or so seeds from a kilo of VERY good weed from Cali. So I kept em and started a grow. I have 4 plants (one died after sprouting) out of 8 seeds. I'm in week 2 of Flower and at least one of the girls is showing signs of maybe hermie I'm thinking or just male plant. This one I'm posting a pic of is taller and leaves are thinner than his/her sisters. It looks like the main cola has a flower on top with balls underneath. Maybe is just a male and I'm confused.... Any how is this a hermie or a male, either way it's days are numbered. I think I've got another one with flowers and balls as well but not as defined as this one. Another day or 2 and I will know and post another pic or that one. These plants all encountered high PH and nutrient lockout at a very young age like 1-2 weeks in veg before I figured out I needed to check PH on my water. I use RO water so I thought PH would be OK but it was high at 7.5 runoff from crappy soil that I started with was 8ish. I adjusted PH to 6.5 the plants took off. I transplanted into much better soil and things went great in veg 24/0, plants to 20" then to flower 12/12 for 8 days and this is where I'm at. Was the shock of ph @ 8 for the youngins enough to cause 2 plants so far to be hermie or could it be in the genes to be hermies??

Picture_009172.jpg
Picture_007192.jpg

Re: Newb here - is this a hermie??

Yeah looks to be a herm to me

Newb here so seeing flowers with balls and I'm all cornfused... I think I have another and my other 2 plants aren't giving me any up skirt looks yet. I don't have enough experience with sexing plants so bear with me while I cry over my hard work.

Cheers

I am thinking that you have a male plant, NOT a hermie. I have had a plant hermie and it was later in flower and the buds were fully developed. Then little yellow banana looking things would peek out from the bud. If left they open and pollinate a small area of the bud. Yours looks like male from the beginning. I see no pistils to think it started as a female. If not your only plant I would get rid of it unless you plan on making some seeds.

I've got 2 like this - this one that I posted a pic of now is definitely looking more and more male with stacks of balls everywhere and they are swelling. I've already pulled that plant and it's sis-bro. The 2nd one definitely has a big giant flower on the main cola with lots of white hairs and little balls hanging off some of the flowers not near as many as this one. I can't chop them but my wifey can. They've been pulled out of the grow room and on the way to the chopping block. My wife (big tea drinker) wants to make tea with the premature tops/balls whatever they are??? Anyone try he-she tea??

Back
Top Bottom