Newbie Bag Seed Grow

midasone

Very new to the scene. This is a grow test with 10800 lumen CFl(thinking of adding UFO 180 Led).... 5square foot closet.... FFOF only....Bag Seed.

I'm only looking for a successful 1st grow. Not concerned with bud size etc. I just want a successful grow. Pics are of 1 plant
6/16/14
CAM00339_1_.jpg
CAM00340_1_.jpg

6/24/14
CAM00357_1_.jpg

CAM00358_1_.jpg

6/25/14
CAM00364_1_.jpg

TopView Cookout

CAM00366_1_.jpg

TopView TacoBell
CAM00365_1_.jpg

IF anyone has advice please share it.

Hey Midasone :welcome: to :420:! Hope you find the knowledge and tricks you need for success in growing! There's tons of guides and thread's about what you can do to the plants!

1st growth is so exciting and you're gonna check your babies often ;)

Anyways i would like to you to take a moment and look at these threads :Namaste:
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I will check back on you so if you got any questions just fire ahead! :thumb:

I've read FFOF has nutes for 30 days. Its been about 24 days from seed. How does the plant tell me they need nutes?

What pot size should I transplant to 1 gal or 3 gal. Can I flower in 3 gal?

I've read FFOF has nutes for 30 days. Its been about 24 days from seed. How does the plant tell me they need nutes?

What pot size should I transplant to 1 gal or 3 gal. Can I flower in 3 gal?

I didn't feed any of my plants until after 3-4 weeks since sprout, also make sure you transplant to a bigger pot in time, the roots require space to grow in, the bigger roots the better your plants will turn out like so make sure you do it before it's to late, i had 2 plants was my first ever they didn't grow big cause i had them in a small pot for to long, my other babies are loving the extra soil and they seem to stay healthy.

I personally use 3 gallon pots and works great for me! But make sure you don't mess to much with the PH when growing in soil, some soil mixes adjusts the ph itself!

You can flush them with clean water for 2 weeks and then try another mix of nutrients but make sure not to overdose.

Hope it helped! Want to know more then just ask! :cheer:

Performed a transplant today. "Cookout" is on the left and "Taco Bell" is on the right. Taco Bell's lower leaves have some yellow spots. Cookout's leaves are all hanging down. Is she thristy? Maybe I should of bought a better Thermometer
6/26/14
CAM00369_1_.jpg
CAM00367_1_.jpg
CAM00368_1_.jpg
can't be 93 degrees in that closet 63 humidity.

Mail came today, I saw a weird small yellow envelope. I was happy as a kid in a toy store. I just knew inside I was gonna find my KO and Blue Pyramid auto seeds I ordered. Instead I find a letter saying my seed were confiscated in NY!!! I may try another site but I may just call it quits. To make matters worse I"m all out of bag seeds. So successful or not on this grow it may be my last. Until I can find someone in the US to send me some exotic strain seeds.

Haven't updated in about a week. Good news is I haven't killed my good ole fashioned bag seed yet.

Bummed out about my seeds getting snagged, but oh well.
7/4/14
New babys
CAM00378.jpg

Sonic has some issues,N deficiency, over-under watered?

CAM00376.jpg

THis is growing along nicely

CAM003751.jpg

Taco Bell is really short not growing much
CAM00377.jpg

Subbed. Looking great. Believe I see a male plant there. Just my opinion, someone else may chime in just to confirm or give there own opinion. As far as soil ph. Did the bag of mix say anything about it maintaining ph levels. If not you need to adjust. Proper ph levels for soil need to be around 6.3to 6.9. Don't be afraid to ask questions, people will come I promise. Other than that looking great. Do you have a line of ferts lined up yet. One more thing sorry about your seeds getting snagged up. Stay positive and have paitence.

This is a learning experience. I've decided against ordering seeds again. Currently I'm growing about 6 dixie cups to determine sex of my bag seed. Once I find a female I will clone and put what I've learned not to do so far into action. I've also gone dwc. Trying to follow hydrohybid's tutorials.

Yea but you talking about dwc which I've never seen in soil. Most of the time you would be doing hydro if your doing dwc. And were just here to help. So we need to know what exactly your doing. And sounds like your gonna use hydroponic nutes. Which I've never seen done in soil. Like I said just an b opinion.

As of now I'm using two setups. My plan is to use soil for one plants and dwc for two plants. I start off the first 3-4 weeks in soil, then convert to hydro. Right now the biggest issue for me is to find a female plant. Thanks for all the advise, I may need it because I torture the plants in soil. I had no idea that hydro nutes and soil nutes were different. Will post pic later

8/31/14
All girls room. Kept the two plants in the back everything else killed.
CAM00418_1_.jpg

Two girls in the back still kicking. All three potted plants turned out to be males.
CAM00427_1_.jpg

Clones that came from from the other dwc plant in the first pic.
CAM00431_1_.jpg

CAM00430_1_.jpg

9/27/14
Plant in the back right force everyone else to come out of the closet.
CAM00437_1_.jpg

Looking great. Anyway you can get a shot of some leaves. Some look slightly curled, and dark in color. She's huge. Great looking plant.

Just took a second look. Get the small leafs off the top of soil. Never leave leaves that have deficiency s on the medium. I see Brown spots on leaves. Look like a boron deficiency. I believe this is the term. Have you used any cal/mag.

These are two females are clones of the plants I planted way back in June. Both were about the same size when I transplanted them into dwc buckets. The first plant is under cfl's while the second plant is under 180w led. The cfl plant has almost out grown my closet space. I had to remove a light because the top of the plant was growing into it. The led plant for whatever reason is not growing as tall. I need a way to stop the top of the plant from growing any taller.

CFL
CAM00446_1_.jpg

LED

Back
Top Bottom