Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Hello all!

So day 10 today. Is she OK ?

EC @0.538
pH @ 6

1.jpg

Thanks as always!

Thanks my man!
Damn reassuring. The whole discoloring of the leaves really makes me nervous.
Is that normal ? I was expected a deep even green.

It also must be real early in the A.M wherever you are!
I don't think the leaf discoloration is to much to be concerned about just keep your eye on her. If she starts to go a light green try giving her a little extra cal mag.

It's 9:00 pm where I am just smoked a j of my latest harvest and having a chill night.

Hello!
Day 12 now. Is she ok for this time ?
We can see the discoloration better now, anything to be worried about ?
The roots seem to have tangled themselves!

EC @ 0.545
pH @ 6.0

Res temp in day 18.5-20c. There has been a mild shift in both EC and pH over the past week. EC started at 0.532 and pH @ 5.7
Its been a week since this reservoir. Do I let it go for another before change ?

Thank you!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hey Thanks Chris!

Thats what im unsure about. N420 says nothing to worry bout the colors yet. And it seems to be growing ok perhaps ?
I also want to conserve the nutes, hard to find and expensive!
Day 13 below.

EC @ 0.546
pH @6.1

Do I have issues ?

3.jpg

Cheers!
Hey sid. Was just looking at your pic and she does look like she could use a little something. Try to get your ph closer to 5.7 that will help her take up the nutes a little better. I would try giving her a little bit more cal mag just add a bit more directly to the res and see how she looks in the next day. The great thing about Dwc is you can see the how she reacts 12 to 24hrs after the change unlike in soil which could take days.

Sweet thanks!
So I add pH down and calmag to this Res ? Or make a fresh one ?

The pH in this Res started at 5.7 and has drifted since. I also read that magnesium I think is absorbed better at a pH of 6+ ? So isn't reducing pH and adding calmag counter intuitive?

Alright, So I added 2ml of CalMag to the res, and adjusted the pH back down to 5.7 . Res is holding bout 4.5+ L of water.
Resultant pH @ 5.7 from 6.1 and EC @ 0.734 from 0.555 . Hopefully all goes fine.

Here she is from now. Day 14.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Thanks as always!
Cheers!

They look goofy

I'm not an EC guy, tells me nothing about how much nutes u use

What strength, %, of manuf suggested strength are u using

RO water?

pH down only is an issues if your tap water had a zillion ppm of a buffer in it like mine does, then it always rises back up, fast

Ok.. So ill try and answer as best I understood.

I used bout 1/5th the manufacturers recommendation for week 1.
So instead of 5ml of each 3 part in the 5l bucket, i used 1ml each.
Additionally I added 1ml of CalMag

After my first pH adjustment to the solution, it tends to rise back up quite fast. After the 2nd to 3rd adjustment over a period of 4-6 hours, it settles in. Total I would use less than 1.5ml of pH down to stabilize the bucket of 5l to bout 5.7-5.8

I am using tap water, but can switch to RO water. IIRC, the RO water I have access too has a background pH of 6.3 and EC of 0.15, while my tap water has an EC of 0.24 and a pH of bout 7.3

Ok. I have a question.
When manufacturers mean week numbers, are they from germination ? Or transplantation ?
Cause many grow journals Im reading see to start clocking when they move the seedling to the DWC bucket from the propagation tray, and this is often after the development of the first true leaves.

My plant here is now 15days from when it popped its helmet. And at 2 weeks, advanced nutrients suggest 2ml/l of each of the Grow micro bloom nutes. This seems hell of a lot!

So I just mixed a new solution, and its bubbling now. I've upped the nutes to 2ml each of CalMag + 3part. Thats double of what I mixed 10 days ago in the first res. But still a 5th of the recommended dose in this 5L bucket. AN recommends 10ml of each! Should I go that far ?

Resultant EC is @ 0.83

Thanks as always!

When manufacturers mean week numbers, are they from germination ? Or transplantation ?
I go by when they go into the bucket because you don't feed them when they are first out of the rooter in the propagation tray.

With my plants My first mix I use is 1ml per gallon as per Advanced nutrients suggests. The next week go in at 2ml per gallon. I use the 2 part advanced base and also add cal mag at the manufacturer dosage. If you find the mix is to strong you can scoop some water out of the bucket and replace the amount you scoop out with plain ph'd water.

Hey sid I realized I gave you the wrong information sorry must have been stoned or something lol.
For the first week I feed at 1ml per liter not 1ml per gallon. the second week I feed at 2ml per liter. I use the Advanced Nutrients app Bud labs to figure out my feed schedule. You put in how many litres your bucket is and the feed your using and it gives you your week to week feed.

What should I be looking out for ?

Watch you ec. If it raises from the ec you start at the mix is too strong. You can either scoop out some water and replace it with plain water when they are smaller. When the plants are bigger they will drink enough in a day that you will need to top up the bucket with plain water and that will lower the ec. So just keep checking the ec daily to see what it's doing you want it to drop slightly. Sorry for an confusion I might have caused.

Back
Top Bottom