Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

Red, I have jars 1.5 yrs old and its the best ever!!! I wont smoke it until jarred for 1.5 months.
Im not making butter, never have. Im plan on making hash.
I was told two weeks after flip you can sex.
My Sept elec. bill was $350. so I have to rethink things.
Namaste
All my plants are girls. I have two that are about 6 weeks into flowering....the rest are younger.

I don't have any guidelines on these bag seeds....should I wait til 8 weeks to even start checking. I don't want to pull buds too soon to ck. I had to take a top bud due to worms and it all looked clear to me.
I would like to get another loop and been looking at the ones that attach vua clip to the cell phone.....anyone used this one....any good? ?????

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

I need help.with choosing my next seeds. I am looking at auto flowers only as the room the tent is going in is not light proof at all and can never be. I would like something that veg longer that 3 to 4 weeks so I can train it.

Is this possible?
How do I find those or do I have to go thru each and every auto offered on each site?

Hi
You called I came :)
You can google the question and see. But I think most autos have around 9-11 weeks from sprout.
I have a AK auto going now. 2 days old.

All my plants are girls. I have two that are about 6 weeks into flowering....the rest are younger.

I don't have any guidelines on these bag seeds....should I wait til 8 weeks to even start checking. I don't want to pull buds too soon to ck. I had to take a top bud due to worms and it all looked clear to me.
I would like to get another loop and been looking at the ones that attach vua clip to the cell phone.....anyone used this one....any good? ?????

Lilred, I tape my jewelers loupe over the camera lens on my cell phone. (make sure it's good and snug, no gaps) Then rubber band the cell phone to something sturdy, like a camera tripod, and take the trichome pics that way. After you take the pics, you can enlarge the photos and should be able to see the trichome colors. You will get amber on the leaves first, usually. So, get some shots near and of the buds for a good sample.
Just remember to keep a steady hand when you take the pics, and no fans or wind anywhere. Close up magnification like that requires things to be motionless. It may take you a few tries to get it clear enough, but you can do it.

Hope that helps. :)

When I smoke this candy kush it does not smell like MJ. it smells only like paper. It taste like paper.

Help

What does it smell like? Musty?
And is there a taste at all, before and after taste? Is it really harsh?
How about the high?

Edit: You must have edited while I was posting. Hmmm...paper. Haven't heard that one before.

I need help.with choosing my next seeds. I am looking at auto flowers only as the room the tent is going in is not light proof at all and can never be. I would like something that veg longer that 3 to 4 weeks so I can train it.

Is this possible?
How do I find those or do I have to go thru each and every auto offered on each site?

Autos don't really veg, they grow at their own internal "clock" and flower when that clock says so regardless of light schedule. You can train and top autos if you start early enough, before they begin to flower. There is a grower on the site named "TheBeast27" who has a journal dedicated to topping and training autos showing proof of how well they can do with it.
I'll find the journal and link here if you like. :)

What does it smell like? Musty?
And is there a taste at all, before and after taste? Is it really harsh?
How about the high?

Edit: You must have edited while I was posting. Hmmm...paper. Haven't heard that one before.
It smells like really good MJ before I smoke....but I roll it in papers and I all I taste is the paper. That is all I smell.

If candy kush taste like nothing, then it didn't go long enough to fully express terps. Proper dry and cure can help, but not save it. Bad dry/no cure can ruin it. You have to let the plants go longer. Wish you could let the bag seed plants go longer. You'll be fighting the same issues...taste, harshness, thc content. They need to finish.

If candy kush taste like nothing, then it didn't go long enough to fully express terps. Proper dry and cure can help, but not save it. Bad dry/no cure can ruin it. You have to let the plants go longer. Wish you could let the bag seed plants go longer. You'll be fighting the same issues...taste, harshness, thc content. They need to finish.
Yea I pretty much figured I jumped the gun. I know not to do that again.

I will have to go over tomorrow morning and tie the girls up in preparation for hurricane Matthew. All the schools are close for the next 3 days and they are evacuating the area north east of me.

You take care of yourself. Good to know you are preparing for this! Be safe, and check in with us when you can.

:circle-of-love:

My turtle got a nice treat tonight....another dozen snails. I am getting tons of baby snails and boy do they eat.

They hide right up next to the bud and eat the sugar leaves...killing all the flowers around it.

No worms. .just snails now

My turtle got a nice treat tonight....another dozen snails. I am getting tons of baby snails and boy do they eat.

They hide right up next to the bud and eat the sugar leaves...killing all the flowers around it.

No worms. .just snails now

I think you have it, but if you dont, the Diamotaceous Earth is supposed to work on those because they are soft bodied creatures. It dehydrates them and they eventually die. This is not an immediate kill, but as time goes on they will be dying off for ya.

Also, I keep reading about beer traps. Have you tried that yet? I'm going to read more into it. I don't have a problem with those here, but they are everywhere at my workplace because it is within walking distance of a lake.

Do you like grapefruit? Apparently snails do. Here's something else I ran into on them:

Set up a Grapefruit Trap
Slugs love grapefruits. This method is similar to #5 and works great if you are a grapefruit lover. Cut the grapefruit in halves and empty out the good portion for you to consume. Once all the goodies have been taken out, place the grapefruit halves upside down in your garden and leave them there overnight. The next morning, you should have hopefully captured some slugs and snails in the grapefruit trap. Simply take the trap and either throw it away or leave it somewhere in the garden where the birds or other natural predators can enjoy a mighty feast.

Gritty things around the base of the plants, like DE will cut into the snails soft bodies so they will avoid it. Snails don't fly or jump, so you need to get them before they get to the plants by creating a barrier they won't cross. Crushed pecan shells, eggshells are good too. I mix crushed eggshells in my soil.

Here's a site with some other ideas and info, hope it helps!

How To Control Snails Naturally In The Garden

:circle-of-love:

As soon as Matthew leaves I will be laying out those grapefruit traps. And putting down some diatomaceous earth. I have two big bags.
I plan on laying out more coffee grinds too.

I have two beer traps that I just refilled last night with a little added yeast cuz it is the yeast that draws them.
Do the babies even leave the plant during the day? I am wondering since the weather is not so hot...actually very fall like....they don't need to leave the plant during the day to hide and cool off they can do that by staying close to the stalk and hiding under the flowers.

I will take a pic of one tonight but they are very hard to spot. I have missed a few with my eyes but found them with my hands. So with gloves on at night I am steady molesting my buds....everynight.

My turtle loves to eat them thou....saves my money on turtle food and since I use his tank water to feed the plants....my plants get the final laugh....they get to eat the snails that were eating on them.

Thanks for the link...going to read. I need to give my babies a break and a fighting chance

Back
Top Bottom