Newbie Grower looking for advice from experienced heads

Mr RS4

420 Member
Hi All,
as my thread title suggests i am a newbie to the growing world and am looking to pick the brains of more experienced growers and enthusiasts to try and make a success of my first attempt at growing my own potted or outdoor weed, so thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I live in Northern England which i assume is not that conducive to growing potted or outdoor Weed Plants (However i have read about number of success stories from my part of the world which have given me the Inspiration and kick I needed to have a go myself).
after some research And a lot of back and forth i made a decision to purchase a small number of seeds from two suppliers “Dutch Passion” and “Zamnesia”. I purchased from Dutch Passion X3 Durban Poison (Feminised / Dutch outdoor seeds) and X3 White Widow (Feminised / Classic seeds) they (Dutch Passion) also sent me X1 free “Critical Orange Punch” seed (Feminised) I have also purchased X5 “Auto Northern Lights” seeds (Feminised) from Zamnesia All of which before discovering this site.
My first few questions of which I’m sure there will be many more as i move forward are,
1, What is the best way to start Germination? Many different opinions out there?
2, Once germinated (always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer the seeds into to? What size pots? What soil or compost medium?
3, Once Seedlings have developed (again always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer seedlings into for final development. What is the best transfer method to final pot or ground? What size pots do you suggest and with what particular soil or compost medium?

unfortunately i do not have at this stage the luxury of a any kind of hydroponics set up and if I’m honest i would like to try and grow either in ground or in pots for my first attempt, i do how ever have the luxury of a south facing enclosed private garden.
As I’m sure you have worked out i am a complete beginner albeit an enthusiastic and excited beginner and I apologise in advance for what to some of you (probably most of you) are really basic simple questions.
i would just like to do the best i can with what i have and where i am so ANY advice, guidance and help would be really appreciated. Equally if there is any equipment or materials etc that you think i need to purchase to assist me please list out for me.
During these uncertain “Lockdown” times for us all Stay Safe and thanks again for any Help, advice or guidance you can give me

Mr RS4

Hi All,
as my thread title suggests i am a newbie to the growing world and am looking to pick the brains of more experienced growers and enthusiasts to try and make a success of my first attempt at growing my own potted or outdoor weed, so thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I live in Northern England which i assume is not that conducive to growing potted or outdoor Weed Plants (However i have read about number of success stories from my part of the world which have given me the Inspiration and kick I needed to have a go myself).
after some research And a lot of back and forth i made a decision to purchase a small number of seeds from two suppliers “Dutch Passion” and “Zamnesia”. I purchased from Dutch Passion X3 Durban Poison (Feminised / Dutch outdoor seeds) and X3 White Widow (Feminised / Classic seeds) they (Dutch Passion) also sent me X1 free “Critical Orange Punch” seed (Feminised) I have also purchased X5 “Auto Northern Lights” seeds (Feminised) from Zamnesia All of which before discovering this site.
My first few questions of which I’m sure there will be many more as i move forward are,
1, What is the best way to start Germination? Many different opinions out there?
2, Once germinated (always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer the seeds into to? What size pots? What soil or compost medium?
3, Once Seedlings have developed (again always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer seedlings into for final development. What is the best transfer method to final pot or ground? What size pots do you suggest and with what particular soil or compost medium?

unfortunately i do not have at this stage the luxury of a any kind of hydroponics set up and if I’m honest i would like to try and grow either in ground or in pots for my first attempt, i do how ever have the luxury of a south facing enclosed private garden.
As I’m sure you have worked out i am a complete beginner albeit an enthusiastic and excited beginner and I apologise in advance for what to some of you (probably most of you) are really basic simple questions.
i would just like to do the best i can with what i have and where i am so ANY advice, guidance and help would be really appreciated. Equally if there is any equipment or materials etc that you think i need to purchase to assist me please list out for me.
During these uncertain “Lockdown” times for us all Stay Safe and thanks again for any Help, advice or guidance you can give me

Mr RS4
So what you need to know my friend?

If you can finish them outside that's what I'd do. Way bigger. But just start them in some jiffy pods u get at Walmart. Then just drop the jiffy pod in like a 6" pot til it gets a good set of roots. Use any potting soil. Then after about a foot tall, take it outside to be finalized. Bam!

Welcome to the forum @Mr RS4

Sounds like you have some reading to do :reading420magazine: ...There's an answer to all your questions...in the search bar at the top...it will take you to the 50 million other threads that ask the same questions :thumb:

No offense...we'll help, but we can't grow it for you :hmmmm:

If you can finish them outside that's what I'd do. Way bigger. But just start them in some jiffy pods u get at Walmart. Then just drop the jiffy pod in like a 6" pot til it gets a good set of roots. Use any potting soil. Then after about a foot tall, take it outside to be finalized. Bam!
Thanks for the constructive advice, I’m just leaving to buy some supplies ill keep you posted!

Welcome to the forum @Mr RS4

Sounds like you have some reading to do :reading420magazine: ...There's an answer to all your questions...in the search bar at the top...it will take you to the 50 million other threads that ask the same questions :thumb:

No offense...we'll help, but we can't grow it for you :hmmmm:
MochaBud, thanks for taking the time to type a response to my thread, just for clarity i am not asking you to grow anything for me where would be the challenge in that? Yes there probably are 50 million other Threads from people asking in your opinion basic questions! Just like I’m sure you did when starting out unless you just naturally have all the knowledge (which i doubt). All i was trying to ask for was help and advice from people who have been there and done it!

MochaBud, thanks for taking the time to type a response to my thread, just for clarity i am not asking you to grow anything for me where would be the challenge in that? Yes there probably are 50 million other Threads from people asking in your opinion basic questions! Just like I’m sure you did when starting out unless you just naturally have all the knowledge (which i doubt). All i was trying to ask for was help and advice from people who have been there and done it!
:rofl: Sorry man, not a morning person...I suffer from PTSD after 22 years of waking up to death and destruction searching for my weapon :lot-o-toke: ahh, but I'm good now...let's see if I can be helpful now :hmmmm:

1, What is the best way to start Germination? Many different opinions out there? Just 1 according to breeders...all of them say (from what I've read) Fill a cup half full with spring water, put seeds into water for 18 to 24 hours, then transfer to a wet paper towel on a plate, put them into a warm dark place (I use my closet) once tap roots are half to 3 quarters of an inch long...SEE NEXT QUESTION...

2, Once germinated (always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer the seeds into to? What size pots? What soil or compost medium? I use "Jiffy Seedling Starter mix" that has no nutrients, because some strains will stunt or die if put straight into "hot" soil (with nutes)

3, Once Seedlings have developed (again always optimistic) what is the best medium to transfer seedlings into for final development. What is the best transfer method to final pot or ground? What size pots do you suggest and with what particular soil or compost medium? I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, start in a solo cup and up-pot when root bound.....hope that helps dude :goodluck:

Afternoon Mr rs4,
I'm in the UK too, welcome bud.
If I can give you one bit of advice it would be,if this is your first go outside I'd start with the autos, alot better suited for the grow season we have. With the photo strains they flower into October,this can cause mold and all sorts of problems, it can be done but I've seen loads of people have problems.
With the autos, if you start them now they'll be finished by August before the cold,wet weather kicks in.
Another thing, search for a member called autofacade, he's got a couple of journals going on here, from the UK also.
He's done an outside grow last year (journaled ) and doing another this year with autos.
I'm just getting my autos ready to go, I start in jiffy pellets, then as big as a pot i can.

White widow skunk. 5 week cuttings.

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_211112581_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200421_211112581_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
That's my fastest advice brother. I'd say I'm a pro when it comes to any gardening. I been doing it since "97".

Hi All,

Mr RS4
I am also new to this site. Welcome!
Remember, it's a weed! Have fun...

Back
Top Bottom