Newbie Grower, Carmen Auto x Diva, Outdoors

Ok, great! Thank you.
I will try to flush her out and reset tomorrow.

Done and did.
Her leaf curl was a lot better, so I maybe could have let it go, but I really want to give her N, so she can grow enough to top before she goes into pre-flower.

lol why is the 125 seeds pack only 49 dollars, but the 13 seed pack is 130? Odd ...
it's a mistake. best to contact them directly... make sure the seed is still available.

I wrote them, and have not heard back.
Thanks for all the good info! I have a big project due soon, and hope to be back when I get the project handled.

Ok, I think 1Kongetta is ready to top, but I want to check.
I am not counting the cotyledons as real leaves.
I am counting the single leaf (afte the cotyledons) as a real leaf.
So, do I snip her lovingly here, above the Y, taking care not to mess up any side-branches?
Or where should I snip?
Thank you.
1km.jpg

Oh, @Emilya , may I please ask?
On one of your threads, someone mentioned something about "pushing K" for strong stems.
Do you like to boost the K for stems? Or not really?
I was not sure what to make of the comment.
And it would be great to know where you would snip!
Thank you very much.

Oh, @Emilya , may I please ask?
On one of your threads, someone mentioned something about "pushing K" for strong stems.
Do you like to boost the K for stems? Or not really?
I was not sure what to make of the comment.
And it would be great to know where you would snip!
Thank you very much.
potassium is a macro nutrient and is needed for many things. I think specifically to strengthen the stems, people add Silica to their mix. I am boosting K simply because the large plants that I grow demand a large amount of it... more than is usually in a bloom nutrient mix.

And yes ,right where your arrow points is where I make my favorite snip. I catch that 5th node as it is rising. This allows for the dramatic training method that I employ, that looks a lot like Uncle Ben's method when I get done, but I think is far less invasive for the plant, and it goes faster.

"Ka-snip!!"
(She took it well!)

Now this was something I did not expect with the 11 Roses Autos.
Here Rosie is from the top:

top.jpg

Just a little bitty baby, still in diapers, watered around the rim with some very mild Orca myco-water.
And here is one of her feet!

root.jpg

I guess this just goes to show my ignorance, that I would be surprised to see this much taproot on such a little tiny girl!

I am still on a work sprint, I hope to have some more time tomorrow.
(And thanks for the advice where to snip!)

I am not counting the cotyledons as real leaves.
Correct.

So, do I snip her lovingly here, above the Y, taking care not to mess up any side-branches?
That's where I generally do as well, but I let them grow a little stem first and then I leave a bit of a stump behind when I do it. The leftover stem seems to help strengthen that node and help it resist splitting down the road when the opposing branches get heavy and pull against each other.

Also, it depends also on how you plan to train the plant. I top above the fourth node and train with the Quadlining approach.

Correct.

That's where I generally do as well, but I let them grow a little stem first and then I leave a bit of a stump behind when I do it. The leftover stem seems to help strengthen that node and help it resist splitting down the road when the opposing branches get heavy and pull against each other.

Also, it depends also on how you plan to train the plant. I top above the fourth node and train with the Quadlining approach.

Thanks.
Yeah, maybe another day would have been better.

it's a mistake. best to contact them directly... make sure the seed is still available.

Hey, @cbdhemp808 , thanks for the tip!
Just FYI, I wrote them again, and they said it is not an autoflower.

>> Red Kross is not exactly autoflower.. it is more of an early variety.

So I guess I am still looking for an autoflower regular all-CBD.

they won't like the clear cups so much. if you slide them into a colored one or tape the sides it'll help a bit.

wonder what they mean. i'm guessing simply a faster growing photo, but that'll tie you to the solar light schedule still.

So I guess I am still looking for an autoflower regular all-CBD.

try cbd express from one the sponsors @Weed Seeds Express . it's 30:1 auto and i think they are on special right now. you won't get better than that.

unless it's for a minor, most folk wind up finding a 1:1 is a better approach for most things.

Red Kross is BaOx crossed with Finola. Finola is a very well-bred, stable autoflower that produces males and females. Don't give up yet... some Red Kross phenos are apparently fully autoflowering... it will be easy to find them with your security lights on all the time. Collect seed from the autoflower males, and breed with the autoflower females.

they won't like the clear cups so much. if you slide them into a colored one or tape the sides it'll help a bit.
Hey @bluter , thanks!
Yeah, I asked for colored Solo cups, and all my assistant could find was clear, so @Emilya and @Azimuth suggested I make a slip-cover. So I put then in the slip-covers for normal, and then take them out when I want to inspect something.

wonder what they mean. i'm guessing simply a faster growing photo, but that'll tie you to the solar light schedule still.

Yeah, I think I should write to them and ask for some clarification, or if they have any ideas.

try cbd express from one the sponsors @Weed Seeds Express . it's 30:1 auto and i think they are on special right now. you won't get better than that.

450 grams per plant?????
Whoa!!

From the sponsor's website:

Specifications CBD Express autoflowering seeds​

THC level1%
CBD level30%
Variety20% Indica / 60% Sativa / 20% ruderalis
GeneticsEletta Campana Selezionata x Speed Bud Auto
Max yield indoor400 to 450 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor400 to 450 grams/plant
Height indoor80 to 120 cm
Height outdoor100 to 150 cm
Flowering time81 to 90 days

Ok, I am a newbie grower, and I imagine everyone's preferences are different. But back when I was growing photoperiods, everyone said to veg it for two months and then turn, so I did that, but it just seems like it takes a plant 3-4 weeks to really get going, so the plants never got very big, or yielded very much, so on a hunch I tried to veg them for 4 months, and got maybe (guessing) 4 times the harvest, or something. So to add 50% to the grow time and get 4 times the harvest---that seemed like a good deal to me!
So I look at these autos, and it seems like the 60-70 day ones all have lower yields. But the ones that take a little longer tend to throw a lot more bud at you. So what jumps out at me is that this one asks 81-90 days, but that is like an estimated 4+ times as much weed bud as most of the 60-70 day strains.
And yes, I like sales! Haha!
That seems like a good one to try.
If I order it today, I might see it in 2-3 months! Haha. (And some orders are going on 4 months, and I have not seen them yet...)

And that seems like a good sale! But I also want to investigate CBDHemp's idea.

unless it's for a minor, most folk wind up finding a 1:1 is a better approach for most things.

Yeah, well, that was my original know-nothing solution was to find all of the 1:1 CBD auto regulars, and learn how to make my own strains. But like you say, that takes a lot of knowledge that is presently outside of my skill set.

I did find two other strains that take 90-120 days, and they also throw a much higher yield, so I wondered if that was a thing, or if that is my imagination.

I will probably pick up some of those CBD Express regardless, but I do want to check out CBDHemp's idea.

Thanks for a great tip!

Red Kross is BaOx crossed with Finola. Finola is a very well-bred, stable autoflower that produces males and females. Don't give up yet... some Red Kross phenos are apparently fully autoflowering... it will be easy to find them with your security lights on all the time. Collect seed from the autoflower males, and breed with the autoflower females.

Ok, thanks, @cbdhemp808 ! That sounds like a good idea. I could contact him, and ask him what he thinks about your idea.
Maybe he has a solution?
But I am just trying to imagine the logistics of that scenario.
What would I do, try to sex the seeds, and plant maybe 6 suspected males, and 14 suspected females? And then like you say, after a while the autos would show their sex, and you could keep the males you want, and get rid of any you don't want.
Only, the problem is that the photoperiods might not trigger properly because of the night security lights, so then I would have to rig up some indoor flower room (which I am not sure is possible).
So while I am intrigued, how would that work in practice?

I did find two other strains that take 90-120 days, and they also throw a much higher yield, so I wondered if that was a thing, or if that is my imagination.

that's just the difference between a sativa or indica based plant. sativas have long flowering times. they all hit sexual maturity at the fifth node and trigger from that point whether it's a sativa or an indica.

What would I do, try to sex the seeds, and plant maybe 6 suspected males, and 14 suspected females?

there is no way to sex a seed. all you're doing is planting 20 plants and rolling the dice.

Back
Top Bottom