newbie has a question

Stretchedout

I'm attemting a grow for the second time, rookie first time was a failure. My question is this....Does alternating between indoor light and moving your plants outside during a clear, sunny day put any undue stress on the plant? Also, the leaves appear to have a purplish tint to them and I've been told this is a good trait. True? thanks.....

thanks 'Bud', yeah, 70 degrees plus, clear sky and good sunshine only for the outside gig, so far she (hopefully) looks pretty stout, and when you say 'indo' is that 'indica'?? with the purple tint I mentioned? From what I've been reading that's a good trait. Realize my intake has been sporadic throughout my life, mostly celebratory, certainly not an everyday thing. Probably have gotten high maybe, what, fifty times in say the past thirty years?! Very limited in this, BUT, I decided to give the growing thing a try and thus far it's pretty cool! thanks for youe input.

No problem.... indo = indoor. In other words, bringing outdoor plants back inside can contaminate your indoor crop with pests. 70's should be fine.

Do you know the strain? Purple is good, in that people seem to pay more for it at this time. I personally like the taste of purple strains. However, also note that many indica varieties, and some sativas, will turn purple when they get too cold at night. Darker leaves allow them to absorb more light, and thus stay warmer during the day.

In fact, puple indica which originated in the Kush mountains (I believe) turns puple on its own with little effort or cold to cause it. This is because it was growing/evolving in the mountains for thousdands of years, thus the ones that turned purple and could absorb more heat survived to breed. Now, the purple trait exists in those varieties and many of them do not need much cold temps at night to turn purple.

I live in WA state and almost any plant that is grown outdoors will turn a shade of purple in October near hervest time. The key is that purpling of the plant caused by cold does not have that classic purple strain flavor when smoked, but to many people just having the color purple in the bud and they are willing to pay more for it...regardless of flavor.

Bud thanks. In S.C. near Myrtle Beach here. The temperature has been held consistent because of indoor growth. The only time it's gone outside is when, like I said, clear skies, good temp AND lack of neighbors being at home allowed me to take it outside. We'll see what the future holds. As far as a specific strain, I couldn't tell you. My experience level on this is close to zilch but, it is kind of exciting to try a green thumb at this regardless of the result. I'll keep you posted. Very much a rookie here.

Back
Top Bottom