Newbie here hello all

Goliath

420 Member
Hey guys goliath here. Im a relatively new grower. Had a few goes with friends but now my turn.

Got some supercropped clones in a 2 x 4 marshydro and i just installed the sp250. My friends both have one and it was highly recommended. They were under a lower spec marshydro led before.

They seem to be unhappy and i cant work out why. Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.

There in plant magic soil and have only been fed plant magic grow old timer and not that much either as took a while for soil to dry. On 20 and 4 still but considering flipping.

20190619_205531.jpg

20190619_205516.jpg

I also want to say im glad to join such an active forum full of knowledge. I love to read and learn.

Take care everyone

Hi Goliath welcome to 420.

When you say supercropped do you mean monstercrop as in they had previously flowered and your revering? If that's the case they look like they haven't completely recovered. Also I'm not a soil grower but just for information sake what is the PH of your feed?

Flipping them now is no good. You always to correct issues in veg. An unhealthy plant can't really recover that well in flower. And that will only hurt your end product quality and yield. If it even makes it to the end.

It was quite low say 6.0 but using the plant magic soil and old timer nutrients i was under the impression it would maintain itself. I bought a 3 in 1 soil tester and its in the green (soil) about 7 or just above.

Yes sorry i always get them mixed up.

hi and welcome!
yeah looks like a reveg to me, not seen a monster crop in action before.
the single finger fans i guess are a classic sign, i had loads spring up on my autophoto bagseed freaks as it started to reveg lol

id agree with above to get them on track before a flip!
good luck

I believe 6 is the low end for soil. Someone with more knowledge of soil will jump in soon don't worry.
What are temps and humidity? How close are your lights? Your plants look like they may have a whole host of issues. The more info you give the more we can help.

Take a look at this.

Looks like wildly under watered to me.
Either that or if as you say it takes a long time to dry then your soil is basically mud and roots aren't getting oxygen.
That's what I was thinking, some sort of root issue.

I believe 6 is the low end for soil. Someone with more knowledge of soil will jump in soon don't worry.
What are temps and humidity? How close are your lights? Your plants look like they may have a whole host of issues. The more info you give the more we can help.

Take a look at this.
Humidity is a steady 60 and max temp is 25 and low is about 20. Old led is 30cm away but new is just about to be lowered tomorrow as getting them used to thr sp250. Just installed replacement fan and carbon filter and silencer

Not often barely once a week. My friend taught me wait till there light but i use the 3 in one tester now so find i need to water more. Im so worried ill over water
If these are your final pots then on your next grow I would suggest changing your soil to either a coco with about 30% pumice if you're going to stick with bottle feeding, that way you water everyday.
In a 5 to 7 gallon fabric pot.

If you want do more of a Living Organic Soil type thing where you basically just give them plain water with maybe a few Sprouted Seed Teas then I'd do a Clackamas Coots soil recipe in a minimum of a 15 gallon fabric pot.
This you would probably water every 3 days in early veg, then every other day in late veg and everyday in mid to late flower.

The actual goal is to get your soil right so that you can water every day if you felt like it and it wouldn't hurt a thing.
If you have to wait a week before you can water then your soil ain't right, you need a lot more aeration.

I am in 25 gallon fabric pots and I water every other day right now, and probably be watering everyday pretty soon.
2 gallons each pot.

If your soil is properly aerated in a fabric pot it should be damn near impossible to over water

If these are your final pots then on your next grow I would suggest changing your soil to either a coco with about 30% pumice if you're going to stick with bottle feeding, that way you water everyday.
In a 5 to 7 gallon fabric pot.

If you want do more of a Living Organic Soil type thing where you basically just give them plain water with maybe a few Sprouted Seed Teas then I'd do a Clackamas Coots soil recipe in a minimum of a 15 gallon fabric pot.
This you would probably water every 3 days in early veg, then every other day in late veg and everyday in mid to late flower.

The actual goal is to get your soil right so that you can water every day if you felt like it and it wouldn't hurt a thing.
If you have to wait a week before you can water then your soil ain't right, you need a lot more aeration.

I am in 25 gallon fabric pots and I water every other day right now, and probably be watering everyday pretty soon.
2 gallons each pot.

If your soil is properly aerated in a fabric pot it should be damn near impossible to over water

So this is my soil

Soil Supreme is a unique blend of sphagnum peat, Fytocell foam and Plant Magic's very own Organic Growth Stimulant. The special blend of Fytocell foam along with Plant Magic's Organic Growth Stimulant will ensure that the plants benefit from a superior root environment. This leads to rapid root development allowing for a more rapid uptake of vital nutrients and elements. The results are impressive, with bigger, better tasting fruits, increased yields and flowers have more colour and aroma. Fytocell foam is 100% Bio-degradable and harmless to the environment. It is also excellent at retaining moisture with a great aeration rate. Plant Magic's Organic Growth Stimulant has been extracted from prehistoric plants and animal remains that have decomposed naturally over millions of years. As well as improved quality, flavours and aromas from flowers, fruit and vegetables an increase in yield are also achieved with this unique formula. The Organic Growth Stimulant is also a great food source for beneficial fungi and micro-organisms.

It was my belief the soil a 5 gallon fabric pot which i only filled to about 3 gallon because im stupid lol and the oldtimer organic plant magic grow and bloom was all i needed for the grow. Oh and a oldtimer organic pk boost later on in flowering.

The reason the plants are like this is because they were to be used for hydroponics as in a 3" rockwool cube clone from a flowering plant. It then started flowering so i put them in a different grow in soil with plant magic nutrients onto grow and this is where the are at.

Please feel free to tell me what you think. I do want to use a single soil mix next time so no extra nutrients are needed. I just dont know whats the right course of action for these babies or for a single soil....i could lift them and prob add another 2 gallon of soil to the pot to fill it but usure of consequences of that.

Sorry like i said newbie here. I will look into that mix you recommended and through other threads

That soil could very well be just fine.
It sounds good overall, although the part where it both holds water and promotes really good aeration sounds like a conundrum.
All I know is that in a fabric pot if your soil has proper aeration then you should be able to water at least every 3 days.
And even if you watered every single day the roots should be getting plenty of oxygen.
You shouldn't be able to over water in a proper soil IMO.

If you wish to do a soil grow and use only water or the occasional tea then you need to do that in at least a 15 gallon fabric pot filled to the brim with a Clackamas Coots soil recipe and inoculated with mycorrhazae, and preferably toss in a couple hundred worms and grow a cover crop.

The second best way would be a super soil method where you have a hot soil in the bottom 1/3rd of a 7+ gallon fabric pot and the top 2/3rds is a Clackamas Coots soil or this Plant Magic soil if you feel its working for you.
All inoculated with mycorrhazae.

Hey guys goliath here. Im a relatively new grower. Had a few goes with friends but now my turn.

Got some supercropped clones in a 2 x 4 marshydro and i just installed the sp250. My friends both have one and it was highly recommended. They were under a lower spec marshydro led before.

They seem to be unhappy and i cant work out why. Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.

There in plant magic soil and have only been fed plant magic grow old timer and not that much either as took a while for soil to dry. On 20 and 4 still but considering flipping.

20190619_205531.jpg

20190619_205516.jpg

I also want to say im glad to join such an active forum full of knowledge. I love to read and learn.

Take care everyone
Your PH is off :thedoubletake: don't worry about the soil PH or wetness meter thingy :rofl: just PH you water/nutes at 6.3 and you should be good...and you should only water when the pot feels empty and leaves are starting to droop...your roots need to dry out or they will develop root rot and won't create a good root ball :goodluck:

Oh yeah and 1 more thing :welcome: to :420: Goliath:passitleft:

Welcome!

That soil could very well be just fine.
It sounds good overall, although the part where it both holds water and promotes really good aeration sounds like a conundrum.
All I know is that in a fabric pot if your soil has proper aeration then you should be able to water at least every 3 days.
And even if you watered every single day the roots should be getting plenty of oxygen.
You shouldn't be able to over water in a proper soil IMO.

If you wish to do a soil grow and use only water or the occasional tea then you need to do that in at least a 15 gallon fabric pot filled to the brim with a Clackamas Coots soil recipe and inoculated with mycorrhazae, and preferably toss in a couple hundred worms and grow a cover crop.

The second best way would be a super soil method where you have a hot soil in the bottom 1/3rd of a 7+ gallon fabric pot and the top 2/3rds is a Clackamas Coots soil or this Plant Magic soil if you feel its working for you.
All inoculated with mycorrhazae.

Thanks for the advice i will look into purchasing clackamas coots for next time for sure aswell as mycorrhazae.
Your PH is off :thedoubletake: don't worry about the soil PH or wetness meter thingy :rofl: just PH you water/nutes at 6.3 and you should be good...and you should only water when the pot feels empty and leaves are starting to droop...your roots need to dry out or they will develop root rot and won't create a good root ball :goodluck:

Oh yeah and 1 more thing :welcome: to :420: Goliath:passitleft:
Ah okay i agree there but the forum for plant magic faqs say not to ph as the soil changes itself. Should i use ph up and down or go for a more organic approach due to using oldtimer organic grow feed?

Thanks for the advice i will look into purchasing clackamas coots for next time for sure aswell as mycorrhazae.

Ah okay i agree there but the forum for plant magic faqs say not to ph as the soil changes itself. Should i use ph up and down or go for a more organic approach due to using oldtimer organic grow feed?
You mean it buffers the PH? :thumb: I mix my own soil so I know how to mix it so it buffers between 6.3 & 6.8...but I still check the PH of my tap water once in awhile...it's just a good habit to get into :popcorn: and BTW there are some very experienced growers here...if they say to check this or check that it's just things to eliminate problematic troubles from noob mistakes and I'd listen to them...and IMO if you want to go organic try Fox Farms soils and their nute line until you get the hang of things :thumb:

You mean it buffers the PH? :thumb: I mix my own soil so I know how to mix it so it buffers between 6.3 & 6.8...but I still check the PH of my tap water once in awhile...it's just a good habit to get into :popcorn: and BTW there are some very experienced growers here...if they say to check this or check that it's just things to eliminate problematic troubles from noob mistakes and I'd listen to them...and IMO if you want to go organic try Fox Farms soils and their nute line until you get the hang of things :thumb:
Check im using soil should i ph? So should i use ph up and down which i have or buy something organic to change the ph? I believe im organic so dar and worried the ph up or down will ruin my soil as per the attached info from plant magic

Back
Top Bottom