Newbie here / info requested

chargedbird

Hello everybody,
I got my MM certificate from my doctor (Dr.Blake). I am ready to go visit my first collective. I am a little nervous because its my first visit. Here are some quick easy questions that will easy my nerves.

What can I expect to happen when I walk in the door?
Do I need to bring cash, check, or credit card?
How is the verification process done, especially with my paper cert.? and how is the verification process done once I get my card in the mail?
Does the collective issue in grams or ounces?

Any information you can provide to this newbie to help me on my first visit will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

What can I expect to happen when I walk in the door? A full anal probe with very cold hands...not sure why yet but I keep going back

Do I need to bring cash, check, or credit card? Any legit place will take plastic, and everyone loves cash.

How is the verification process done, especially with my paper cert.? and how is the verification process done once I get my card in the mail? Bring your official paper work WITH a VALID CA id. The card works the same way.

Does the collective issue in grams or ounces? Check out some threads here. Several posts for OC and Lake Forest; some with video and price break downs.

Any information you can provide to this newbie to help me on my first visit will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Congrats and good luck finding the right meds for you! :welcome:

Hello everybody,
I got my MM certificate from my doctor (Dr.Blake). I am ready to go visit my first collective. I am a little nervous because its my first visit. Here are some quick easy questions that will easy my nerves.

What can I expect to happen when I walk in the door?
Do I need to bring cash, check, or credit card?
How is the verification process done, especially with my paper cert.? and how is the verification process done once I get my card in the mail?
Does the collective issue in grams or ounces?

Thanks in Advance

The first visit to a co-op usually entails some paperwork. Bring your original recommendation and a CA ID (driver's license or passport). They will call your doctor to verify, so you may want to preverify to shorten the wait. Also, if you decide to get a county issued CA medical marijuana ID, you won't need to go through the verification process. Some coops issue their own membership cards, so once you are a member, you show them their card on your next visit. Most coops take a doctor's recommendation, while some want to see a State Card. The State Card is issued by the county health department, where the fee varies from county to county. In Santa Clara county the fee is $150 ($75 if you are on Medi Cal). Do a search on your county's health department website to get instructions and the form.

Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP) - Public Health Department (DEP)

Once you are verified, and a member of the coop, you can go into the show room. Patients are served at the counter, where you can ask questions. Most budtenders are knowledgeable about their product, and if you tell them your ailment, they can offer an appropriate strain. Indicas tend to be better for pain, relaxation, and sleep. Sativas are good for the day. Hybrids offer the best of both worlds, although some strains are indica dominant, while others are more sativa dominant. I bought a few books on cannabis, and studied up on strains and what they were good for ahead of time. There are many cannabis websites that have stickies on all this info.

Most dispensaries only accept cash. You can call or email ahead and ask though. I've not seen a coop that accepts personal checks. And, a few take credit cards.

Different coops dispense differently. Some have pre-weighed buds pre-packaged in plastic or glass vials. Some store their buds in bulk, and will weight them right in front of you. Many coops sell by the gram, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and full ounce. They usually have a daily limit of an ounce, or one visit a day. Most coops sell by grade, and offer a wide range of grade and price.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom