Newbie here

Gojira

Well first off, I am a first time grower. Started off for the hell of it and then as I got into it more, I found myself really intrigued and am really enjoying. I have one plant. (Blue Dream) I have a bit of a Ghetto Closet setup due to the funds for this being low for now.

For Lighting:
1 - 5000k 23w CFL Spot
1 - 5000k 16w LED Spot
1 - 2700k 10w LED Globe
I will have this bulb by tomorrow as well.

For the rest:
I added Bat Guano (0-5-0) yesterday.
Other than that its all just potting soil.
I planted from seed and sprouted on Jan 31. Been on 24hr light since. Gonna give it a few days with the new bulb and see how she reacts and then I'm going 12/12.

Here are a couple pics of my setup and of the plant.
photo2_zps3e7a7bbf.jpg

photo1_zps66e09915.jpg

I do have questions but I will post them in a more appropriate place.

Looking forward to learning a lot!

Re: Newbie here.

And if you're wondering about the Lava Lamp. Its being used as a heater. Helps keep the plant around 70-79 degrees.

Hello there. Nice intro. Good to have you here. Very nice growing she looks green and happy happy.

:ciao: Gojira, and welcome to the community!

You will find this a great place to be.

It would be great to see you start a grow journal so members can follow you along your journey and help out when you have questions.
If you are interested in that, here's information on how to start one. It's easy and rewarding!

How to Make a Grow Journal

You already have the picture posting down, so great job on that.
Hope to see you in the "journals in progress" thread soon. :circle-of-love:

Edit: I love lava lamps. I stare at mine all the time.

Well it definitely seem like this is the place to be for the best knowledge. Started off using HighTimes for info but it just seems everyone argues with each other about how "The Right Way" is. With this being my first grow, I have been treating it more as a trial before I get real serious. (Not that I am not serious about it now.) But as I said above the more I am getting into this the more I am really enjoying this and plan on stepping up my game. As of right now I've been able to answer most of my questions by just using the search on this site. And I am very pleased with the amount good knowledge there is here. Nice to see everyone out there to help not fight for being the "right" one.

I will definitely look into getting a grow journal going here shortly. Today is day one of my 12/12, so I've just been excited to see how I did for barely knowing anything when she started growing.

First question is where is the best place to ask some random and possibly stupid questions? I know how some forums are real sticklers about posting in the wrong places.

Help!! Sorry for not posting for a while. But I need help now. I'm 2 weeks into flower and I am pretty sure she's pollinating. I'm just confused because the signs by the stipules on the main stem sure as he'll look female. What are my best options. Do keep it going and let it seed out so I'm not out everything or will those seeds be no good or what. Stressing now. :( on top of that my computer got wet so I don't know how to get pictures on here with my phone.

Ended up being male, so I collected some pollen and chopped him down. I have a new seedling two weeks in. I will be working on a journal hopefully this evening.

Back
Top Bottom