Newbie here

earejay

420 Member
Hello fellow hobbyist!! New member trying to learn as much as possible and hopefully help out some others down the line. Been reading up over the last few weeks but just dipped my toe in the pool recently. Seems to be some really cool people here and I appreciated the info I've already gotten. Good grows to all!!

HEY EAREJAY :welcome: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS RIGHT HERE ALONG WITH SOME GREAT SUPPORT. DO YOU HAVE A GROW IN PLAN? WELL NICE TO MEET YOU AND SEE YOU AROUND.

Thanks BB. I can tell there are some VERY knowledgeable folks here and I hope to get as much as I can. I have a working plan together but nothing is nailed down yet. Looking to start with 4-6 plants of two different strains. Probably Northern Lights and White Widow feminized from Nirvana as both have been said to be good for indoor growing and easy for beginners. I plan on making two of my initial plants mothers to draw clones from. I think I'm going with CoCo Coir as my medium. I am still researching my light source and going to probably either go LED or HID / digi ballast. I will be growing in my basement in grow tents. Still researching what kind I'm going to buy but I think I'm going to go with Agromax, one for veg, one for flowering & one for mothers & clones. Think I'm going with Fox Farm nutes with the plan to go LOS after a few grows. Thinking about scrogging them but don't know if I want to overwhelm myself during my first grow but definitely looking at using that technique. Going to start testing the humidity and temperature in the area I plan on using to gauge everything. If you have ANY suggestions, tips or hints please throw them my way. I am very excited to get started but know I will need help along the way. Going to check out your journal too, see what you got going on over there!! :Namaste:

welcome!

sounds like you have a good plan in mind, you're definitely in the right place!

having had similar apprehensions towards scrogging, after seeing them grow for a few weeks, you should be able to see what needs to be done to scrog; i will definitely scrog in future. BUT, its nice to really let the first round grow and get a feel for things too..

if theres any advice i can give from my short time on this journey it would be, anytime you have the thought "well, i could probably use/get away with.." forget about whatever your idea was and buy the thing you're trying to avoid spending money on, itll save you stress and probably money in the long run.

for instance, i should have bought the more expensive hygrometer with a remote probe. now im going to end up buying multiples because i cheaped out haha..

/newbtrials

ps: look in peoples signatures for handy and interesting links

Thanks BB. I can tell there are some VERY knowledgeable folks here and I hope to get as much as I can. I have a working plan together but nothing is nailed down yet. Looking to start with 4-6 plants of two different strains. Probably Northern Lights and White Widow feminized from Nirvana as both have been said to be good for indoor growing and easy for beginners. I plan on making two of my initial plants mothers to draw clones from. I think I'm going with CoCo Coir as my medium. I am still researching my light source and going to probably either go LED or HID / digi ballast. I will be growing in my basement in grow tents. Still researching what kind I'm going to buy but I think I'm going to go with Agromax, one for veg, one for flowering & one for mothers & clones. Think I'm going with Fox Farm nutes with the plan to go LOS after a few grows. Thinking about scrogging them but don't know if I want to overwhelm myself during my first grow but definitely looking at using that technique. Going to start testing the humidity and temperature in the area I plan on using to gauge everything. If you have ANY suggestions, tips or hints please throw them my way. I am very excited to get started but know I will need help along the way. Going to check out your journal too, see what you got going on over there!! :Namaste:

Welcome earejay!

Sounds like you've got caught the bug. I remember well all my early research, fun times!

If I could have done one thing differently in my first grow (currently finishing up, link in sig) I'd have staggered the germinations on the 6 further apart. We had 2 that were 10 days behind our first 4, and the lessons we learned from the earlier ones definitely improved the lives of the second set.

Not sure if I'd have done all 6 a full week apart, but you get the idea.

Hope you get a journal going soon, remember it's more than fine to use it as a planning journal as well.

Stick your hands in the dirt/soiless mix and get them dirty. You'll feel better. Only way to get started... . Mistakes will come and be overcome by the knowledge you'll find here along they way. Happy growing earejay

Will do. Just getting my supplies together now. Anxious to get this train moving!

welcome!

sounds like you have a good plan in mind, you're definitely in the right place!

having had similar apprehensions towards scrogging, after seeing them grow for a few weeks, you should be able to see what needs to be done to scrog; i will definitely scrog in future. BUT, its nice to really let the first round grow and get a feel for things too..

if theres any advice i can give from my short time on this journey it would be, anytime you have the thought "well, i could probably use/get away with.." forget about whatever your idea was and buy the thing you're trying to avoid spending money on, itll save you stress and probably money in the long run.

for instance, i should have bought the more expensive hygrometer with a remote probe. now im going to end up buying multiples because i cheaped out haha..

/newbtrials

ps: look in peoples signatures for handy and interesting links

I've agree, I think I will get the idea of how to scrog pretty quickly. Just want to take baby steps in the beginning. Plus it will give me time to make my scrog screen. I do agree quality equipment will save a lot of headaches. Have been reading journals for a few weeks now. Feels like I'm back in school!!

Welcome earejay!

Sounds like you've got caught the bug. I remember well all my early research, fun times!

If I could have done one thing differently in my first grow (currently finishing up, link in sig) I'd have staggered the germinations on the 6 further apart. We had 2 that were 10 days behind our first 4, and the lessons we learned from the earlier ones definitely improved the lives of the second set.

Not sure if I'd have done all 6 a full week apart, but you get the idea.

Hope you get a journal going soon, remember it's more than fine to use it as a planning journal as well.

Might have consider that. Want to grow clones from my first set of girls so staggering might throw my schedule off. I'm going to give it some thought though. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom