Newbie: Moving to Flower, Should I Flush (hydro)? 400 or 600 watts?

mellowmama

I'm not a novice gardener, but this is my first cannabis grow ever. I'm using SuperCloset Deluxe, a hydroponic closet system. I'm growing Medijuana, got 4 plants, but can't tell sex yet, no pre-flowers. I'm using the Technaflora nute system that came with the system, at half strength on SuperCloset's recommendation.

I really didn't intend to harvest these plants. I wanted to identify any females and clone them, since I only have 4 plants and surely they all won't be females. But the plants have gotten too tall for the vegetative chamber and are touching the fluorescent T5 tubes. Scared to try supercropping or lsting on first grow! So, I will move the plants upstairs to flower chamber under HPS, and hopefully clone any females and go ahead and bring the plants to harvest.

Should I flush before moving? If so, how does one flush a hydroponic system?

My ballast/bulb can be set at 600 or 400 watts. Recommendations?

Thanks for any and all help!

Hi Mellow

Why flush b4 flower? I never have and have had good results but others may know more. I Flush 1 week b4 harvest and that works for me When u move your plants to the flower room start at 400 watts for a few days then up it to 600. Being under t5's then being moved under hid is a dramatic increase in light and I have noticed that my plants droop a little when i go from florescent to HID. When you clone you'll have to get them back to veg state rather than the flower stated you put them in so it may take a little more time to see any growth from your clones.

Good luck :peace:

Thanks, bobulak. Moved them up yesterdsay.

i do individual 5 gal bucket dwc and change out nute solution every 3 weeks and after the transition week between veg and flower. during the change out, i flush for about 30 mins in a bucket with 1/4 strength solution just to rinse the roots of any salt built up.

Always use maximum available wattage for the flowering room. The light will not be wasted. Veg rooms can get away with less wattage but the more intense light the merrier for the buds.:thumb:

I flushed my plants the 3rd week of budding BUT only because my plants needed it. If your plants are healthy and showing no deficiencies then carry on with no flush, just start adjusting the nute formulas accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom