Newbie needs some tutoring

Cookimunzter420

420 Member
How's it going fellow 420ers well I just want some advice it's my first grow and it's outdoors. (SHE) I pray it's a female, is about 5 to 6 weeks old. Shes a mystery seed. I live in Cincinnati Ohio so I do believe it's perfect weather, idk like I said first time grower with concerns with wrinkled and droopy leaves and also when and where do I top it

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 234
100% improper watering habits. Click the link below in my signature on "how to correctly water potted plants". Read that carefully. I can see that you are just sprinkling enough water but you think it is good enough but it is nowhere near correct and will cause these issues every single time. It would be nice to know more details of your grow like what kind of soil it is in and what type of water you are giving it and if you are giving it any type of nutrients and if so what type but I can tell you for sure that you need to get a handle on watering.

The soil is from last year's mums or ferns and I sprinkled a layer of horse manure on the top and I use just regular tap water. I'm on a tight budget but what do I need to get for this to flourish like I want it to and not be costly
Was the manure raw or thoroughly composted?

Hey @Cookimunzter420 - welcome to 420mag :yahoo:
Looks like you've already got some great input to follow above.

Check out this link to help you get around:
Helpful Links For New Members
Think about starting up a grow journal so that we can follow your journey and help out where we can! :yummy:
Happy growing :Namaste: See you around

I’m not a fan of that article how to properly water a potted plant, I stopped reading half way though. If your plant is thirsty then give it a drink. I use a large 3 gallon jug to water and just giver.
I do not think your watering method is incorrect, but your root growth would be much more productive when using a watering method described in Emilya's watering thread. :yummy:

I’m not a fan of that article how to properly water a potted plant
If your way works for you,that's all that matters- @Emilya's tutorial has helped a lot of folks-it's not the only way to do it,but it is one of the better ways,especially for new growers who aren't sure how much water is too much,or not enough.

I’m not a fan of that article how to properly water a potted plant, I stopped reading half way though. If your plant is thirsty then give it a drink. I use a large 3 gallon jug to water and just giver.

And growing outside in soil is different than growing inside in soil. But what the heck do I know? I'm a newbie to all this. If that thread helps, fine. If not, fine. Happy growing.

Giving someone some pointers in regards to watering a potted plant is all fine and dandy, I’m just saying it doesn’t take 35 paragraphs to explain it. It’s really simple if it’s thirsty just water it. Happy Growing:)

Welcome @Cookimunzter420 you fell into the" correct watering habits black hole of everlasting disagreement and debate debate", sorry about that! Your plants look fine to me!

I'll just say that pot yoda's (Emilya) article saved my ass. I wasn't blessed with the natural knack of it, didn't really catch the "if it's thirsty" signs like some people have the capability to. I was watering how I thought the plants wanted which was how I thought they wanted and not how they really wanted. I overwatered, I underwatered, I was not consistent, I might get some runoff, I might not. It worked fine until it didn't...and I got salt build up and nute lockout.

So now I do it in a way a dummy like me can do it consistently. I water them till I get about somewhere around 15% of what I poured in the pot back out the bottom into a bowl underneath my pot. For me right now thats like 3-4 cups after dumping 20 cups. I also cant remember when to nute and just water, so I run 25% nute 75% water every feeding. I get decent amount of nutes to roots, and they love the little flush. Then I let it go dry till it is light as a feather. Maybe a week for a big pot with a small plant, maybe 2 days with a big plant in a small pot. Just whenever it's bone dry, light as a feather. They love that too. Soak em again and watch em grow!

As far as topping goes, there's some good articles here about that topic too. Wait till the 5th node grows in then top between the 2nd and 3rd and you'll get 4 shoots!

CHeers, gl to your grow...lots of big pot brains here to help! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom