Once they are root bound will I be able to safely transplant it into a 1 gallon pot?

Absolutely. I don't use either soil, but I know MG gets a bad rap around here. Seedlings need a chance to get their legs under them and don't need a ton of nutrients. Once they hook up with the soil in bigger pots, you can put the spurs to them.

I will be leaving them in the cups for a few weeks then once they start growing a bit ill switch them to their new home!

Here is my current temporary set up.. Atleast for the day Lol. I have the CFL 23w fairly close to the seedling as you can see. Is this okay? Or should I place the light up higher? How long should I give it light? And lastly what do you think of the Saran Wrap?

image34351.jpg
image34350.jpg
image34349.jpg

We have another infant seedling yayyy!! Hopefully the other ones Pop soon. Sadly I'll have to plant this one in the MG and the other ones will get the seedling soil.

No way to tell what temperature you are getting under the lamp. The distance looks good. The plastic wrap is OK as long as the seed hasn't broken through the surface and it isn't making the soil too warm. BUT once the seed breaks through the surface, that plastic is a no no. It could kill a new seedling. I prefer to mist the surface of the soil if you think it looks dry. I'm a fan of the usual 18/6 light schedule.

One of my little seedlings has finally reached the surface! I took the Saran Wrap off and have been watering it a little so the soil is moist. Now at this point I will start the 18/6 cycle. Should I start using some kind of fertilizer at this point? Or just plain water? Now that I have two I think I may need to upgrade to something stronger since I only have 23w CLF right now. Let me know what you think!

Happy Saturday!
:blunt::passitleft:

image34394.jpg
image34393.jpg

Awesome :thumb: Make sure there are drain holes in the cup. I urge you to read the link I posted earlier- in there check out the thread called the 'lift the pot method' or something similar to that :). The only way to water IMO

Thank you for your response :)

How often do you suggest I water?

No nutrients for a while.
Water only as needed. Don't over water. That little girl already has roots to the bottom of the cup. Wait until the cup feels "empty".

Back
Top Bottom