Newbie outdoor grower on the 46th N parallel in legal Canada: any tips guys?

When did you start growing? I have found this forum extremely helpful for getting me off the ground, I began my first grow in March this year and with some help from users of this forum they’ve grown to be monsters. Just ask questions and read

Attachments

• 966690E6-991A-46A6-B947-DE5246C52BC7.jpeg
    966690E6-991A-46A6-B947-DE5246C52BC7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
I just started growing this year. I'm in Canada so I figured it's time to try one out in a pot in the backyard. I was given the clone from a friend of a friend so no idea what it is. A girlie guaranteed tho. Been takin really good care of it and in full flower now. Have been giving 10-52-10 and unsulpherized molasses for about 4 weeks now. This is what the buds look like now. Gow long do I let them grow?

Attachments

• 20190905_100509.jpg
    20190905_100509.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 115
Hi
ITheNorth, welcome, another canuck here. Your girl has a sativa look to her. Looking like the pistels are just starting to turn color. You have a good three or four weeks to go. Hope the weather cooperates and you have a great harvest.
Hi bluenoserjoe. Thanks for the reply. You arent far from me with the bluenoser in your name. Batten down the hatches and bring your girls in if you can. Dorian may be bad.
How can you tell it's a sativa? All thru the summer the plant was short, stalky and bushy and just now starting to stretch up. I thought doubling in height is what all cannabis did once it was in flower mode. I'm in freddy by the way

Attachments

• 1567789947263299334763052256024.jpg
    1567789947263299334763052256024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 15677899880285906105011308223184.jpg
    15677899880285906105011308223184.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 108
I just started growing this year. I'm in Canada so I figured it's time to try one out in a pot in the backyard. I was given the clone from a friend of a friend so no idea what it is. A girlie guaranteed tho. Been takin really good care of it and in full flower now. Have been giving 10-52-10 and unsulpherized molasses for about 4 weeks now. This is what the buds look like now. Gow long do I let them grow?

I’ve read that we should buy a magnifying glass and you’re viewing the trichomes (crystals), when they turn from cloudy white to opaque, that’s the time to harvest.

Hi bluenoserjoe. Thanks for the reply. You arent far from me with the bluenoser in your name. Batten down the hatches and bring your girls in if you can. Dorian may be bad.
How can you tell it's a sativa? All thru the summer the plant was short, stalky and bushy and just now starting to stretch up. I thought doubling in height is what all cannabis did once it was in flower mode. I'm in freddy by the way
Looks like Dorian is making landfall 80k. from here as a cat.2, just might be bad. lots of out door growers scrambling yesterday. Glad I grow indoors, but the garden outside is gonna take a beating. Don't really know its a sativa, was just going by leaf structure. Didn't realize it grew short and stalky.

Looks like Dorian is making landfall 80k. from here as a cat.2, just might be bad. lots of out door growers scrambling yesterday. Glad I grow indoors, but the garden outside is gonna take a beating. Don't really know its a sativa, was just going by leaf structure. Didn't realize it grew short and stalky.
Stay safe bluenoserjoe and everyone! We just got a small kiss in Massachusetts as it moves your way.

Power has been out now for 21 hours. Running the wifi on gen. power while I brew up a couple a cups o joe. One tree down and one that will have to come down. To bad,big beautiful sugar maples. only plus would be firewood for the backyard fire pit and maybe a bit more north light on that side of the property. Have no idea how hard we got hit but hope everyone stayed safe. Sure glad I have a big stash... :ganjamon:

Power has been out now for 21 hours. Running the wifi on gen. power while I brew up a couple a cups o joe. One tree down and one that will have to come down. To bad,big beautiful sugar maples. only plus would be firewood for the backyard fire pit and maybe a bit more north light on that side of the property. Have no idea how hard we got hit but hope everyone stayed safe. Sure glad I have a big stash... :ganjamon:
Happy you made it through that safely!

Back
Top Bottom