Newbie outdoor grower on the 46th N parallel in legal Canada: any tips guys?

It's been a while since I've been up you're way bluenoserJoe. My first visit was in 73. Four of us recent HS grads took a bicycle camping trip through your beautiful southern quarter. Rode the Bluenose over from Maine and pedeled along the south coast then north to Kejamakoosick. Then up and around and down again over 2 weeks. We met a lot of beautiful folks and drank a lot of beer as the age was in our favor. My wife and I have been back a few times but not lately to your beautiful island. I remember laughing at a fast food chicken shack called Lick-A-Chick as we got off the boat. I'm glad I never grew up, I'm chuckling now too! Stayed in a commune for a night too. In Middleton? It's been a while. I remember a Teepee style home made of wood too we visited back then. Good memories. Oh well back to work.

Finally able to get back on. Power out for 41 hrs. It's been a busy couple of days around here. Kept fridges and freezers running on both sides of me with the genny. Lost a forty foot trunk off a sugar maple that just rubbed both my out buildings. Gonna loss the whole tree though as it has split down the centre. Hoping N S power will take it down as it is a threat to the lines. A big tree leaning in two directions so I will try to stay away. Also a hole through the veranda roof from a falling branch. Repaired that yesterday along with cutting a path to the out buildings , through the top of the downed tree. Glad you got to tour my area Stoneotter, although if you took the turn to Kejji. then you would have just missed my home turf. Would be a great bike ride , sadly for those a little younger then me. Lick a chick , still makes me laugh when I see it. Only one left I think , up in Cape Breton.

Welcome I - another Ragin' C'najun here at about the 45 parallel. Is your girl in the ground?? and if so is it possible to get a clear cover over her without it looking too obvious?? Mine are in laundry tubs under cover and if I think there is a real danger of frost I may see if I can get them in the shed for over night - they are too tall but....

Good to hear ItheNorth! The crane folded like a cheap suit huh?
I think they had that crane locked and they should have let it swing freely in such powerful winds. My nephew owns the building next door and sustained a lot of damage from the crash down

Welcome I - another Ragin' C'najun here at about the 45 parallel. Is your girl in the ground?? and if so is it possible to get a clear cover over her without it looking too obvious?? Mine are in laundry tubs under cover and if I think there is a real danger of frost I may see if I can get them in the shed for over night - they are too tall but....
Now she's in a big pot. That way I control where she stays. It is out of sight but going to start putting her in the garage soon for 2 reasons- frost and theft!

What do you use for nutes?

What do you use for nutes?
OK - I'm only telling you - and I will get yelled at by everyone else on here - but my gals are in a mixture of Miracle gro potting soil, vermiculite, beaver dam soil, whatever was in my composting worms bin, including the worms and then once they were in flower - Golf Green Tomato fertilizer.
I almost screwed Angie up by over feeding with the dry Tomato ferts so eventually I scooped out the top two inches, flushed and top dressed them all with composted garden soil and composted cow manure. So then I would put one teaspoon of granular ferts in a jar with a bit of water, let it soak, and crush everything up with a dowel and add that to a gallon of water and feed each one every two to three days. They are growing in laundry tubs.
I will now prepare for the outrage!!! :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom